Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Yoshihiro Akiyama Wants TUF In Asia, To Be Coach

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Should TUF ever do an Asia edition, seems he wants in as a coach. Loose (machine-done) translation from an article just posted on SportsNavi (the Japanese version of Yahoo Sports):

Opening forming Isao Akiyama which in the big event “UFC116” which is approached (Japanese time July 4th, the American Nevada state Las Vegas) opposes with [vuandarei] [shiuba] on the 21st, releasing practice with the inside Akiyama school of capital.
It directs to [shiuba] game and but Akiyama which showed the favorable completion, concerning the fight in future UFC it refers.“You should have brought close even at the one step”, that it was the prudent posture in title game, but while talking concerning present practice environment, unexpected desire was attached the mouth.
As for the Akiyama school which has become the place of this day release practice, Oka seeing Isamu Makoto, Tatuya Kawajiri, the domestic leading player such as Kaoru Uno and high valley Hiroyuki visits in practice, has become the very important base of MMA.
Because as for Akiyama “everyone has left the result in regard to that, as for his own practice there is the conviction that by mistake it is not.By yourself power being attached, technology has been attached.Various information interchanges do and, unless so you must do, you think that they are age.It is delightful” for that to do, that you talk response.
But, also for the school to accept the many players on the one hand, we have become small, Akiyama “we want the wire net of full (size) and, making bigger gym, 'TUF' should have been possible there, you think that is,” that talks further view.
'TUF' ('The Ultimate Fighter'.While presently Japanese edition while broadcasting) still the fighters who do not have name, aiming toward the contract with UFC with WOWOW and leading lodging together life the television series of the popularity which keeps playing.It is done in the form of 2 troop oppositions, after the series ending those where the coach of both troops opposes with UFC have become the usual practice, but Akiyama “we would like to come out in this coach part being, shank” shows desire.
“It is good even in Asia (not to be the Japanese country), is but and” with Akiyama which is supplemented, because you are proud of tremendous degree of distinction even in Korea, not only Japan if if, it actualizes, it may come to the point of gathering big topic.
Because of that as for not rubbing being indispensable the “Asian face” of UFC to become, as for victory in the [shiuba] game the expectation which becomes from the appeal some.
Asian human first [shiuba] it exceeded, and - - the meaning being agreeable of [shiuba] game became big ones to TUF performance.

If you want to translate it yourself, here's the original article:
http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/fight/headlines/20100621-00000035-spnavi-fight.html

Post #1   6/21/10 10:44:47AM   

ChokeUout

In Full Mount

ChokeUout Avatar

Career:446-268
Chips:
I do not envy the translators who have to pick that mess apart...

Anywho, if TUF does expand even further into the asian market (which it eventually will) I think Akiyama would be a natural choice for a coach. He's MAD popular in Japan. And even though I think they've trained together, I think Yushin Okami would be perfect for the other coach. Plus, Aren't Japanese fighters all about "Defending your Honor" or something like that? I don't think they'd be as difficult to deal with as those AKA boys.

Plus, It'd be an entertaining fight, and it would be huge in Japan if the Fertitas can use their alleged "mob ties" to provide enough security for the UFC to go to Japan without getting attacked by some yakuza guys who are still mad that the UFC basically shut down PRIDE and shipped all their fighters to the UFC.

But yeah, I'm for this idea. It would be interesting to see the differences in the way different cultures train...

Post #2   6/21/10 12:34:24PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
I'm all for this. There is a lot of untapped talent in Asia as far as prospects go. The language barrier would be difficult no doubt, but I guess the same could be said for a Brazilian version too.

Post #3   6/21/10 1:21:16PM   

AchillesHeel

Heavyweight Champ

AchillesHeel Avatar

Career:845-448
Chips:
I can't imagine an American television network airing a show that used a lot of subtitles. And I wouldn't watch it if it was dubbed.

Post #4   6/21/10 1:49:01PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,928-1,077
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I cant think of 2 chinese fighters in the world. Isnt there like 2 billion people in china? I think thats the best you can get if you're looking for untapped talent.

Post #5   6/21/10 1:52:54PM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Chips:

Posted by AchillesHeel

I can't imagine an American television network airing a show that used a lot of subtitles. And I wouldn't watch it if it was dubbed.

Watch much G4? (NInja Warrior & Unbeatable Banzuke, 2 of their most popular shows, are Japanese with subtitles)

Post #6   6/21/10 1:54:09PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,363-1,248
Chips:

Posted by AchillesHeel

It would more than likely be intended only for local markets. Lorenzo (I think?) stated recently that if they end up doing TUF in the Middle East, it would be produced for local markets only. The same would have to hold true for Asian countries, I would think.

Post #7   6/21/10 1:56:59PM   

AchillesHeel

Heavyweight Champ

AchillesHeel Avatar

Chips:

Posted by DCRage

Watch much G4? (NInja Warrior & Unbeatable Banzuke, 2 of their most popular shows, are Japanese with subtitles)

Nope.

Posted by emfleek

It would more than likely be intended only for local markets. Lorenzo (I think?) stated recently that if they end up doing TUF in the Middle East, it would be produced for local markets only. The same would have to hold true for Asian countries, I would think.

Really? That's a bummer.

Post #8   6/21/10 2:18:23PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by AchillesHeel

Posted by DCRage

Nope.

Posted by emfleek

Really? That's a bummer.

Why is it a bummer, you just said you wouldn't watched a subtitled TUF? I'd watch a subtitled TUF. If people remember correctly many of the British fighters needed subtitles because of their thick accents. It didn't bother me then, it won't bother me now.

Post #9   6/21/10 3:49:27PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,763-1,756
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I would love to see TUF go international! I have been saying it for a while...Japan, Brazil, and Canada. I think they would also get away with West/East Europe as those countries are small and have many languages. Mexico could be cool, but I'm not sure what talent pool they have as all the fighter's there tend to be boxers or "Pro-Wrestlers". Even if it was "local" only, I would find a way to watch on the world wide web!

Post #10   6/22/10 12:15:39AM   

AchillesHeel

Heavyweight Champ

AchillesHeel Avatar

Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Why is it a bummer, you just said you wouldn't watched a subtitled TUF?

No I didn't. I said I wouldn't watch it if it was dubbed.

Post #11   6/22/10 8:17:34AM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Chips:
Admitedly I wouldn't watch a dubbed one either. I always prefer subtitled whenever possible, even if the subtitles are horribly botched. But dubbed usually is worse.

Post #12   6/22/10 8:21:21AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,363-1,248
Chips:
I don't do dubbing. I don't do subtitles. I couldn't stomach an entire season of either one.

Post #13   6/22/10 8:30:35AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,615-1,389
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I would rather see a tuf in brazil

Post #14   6/22/10 12:02:18PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by AchillesHeel

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Why is it a bummer, you just said you wouldn't watched a subtitled TUF?

No I didn't. I said I wouldn't watch it if it was dubbed.

You're right, you did. My bad. You had commented on subtitles in your previous post but said that you wouldn't watch dubbed. My bad, man. I apologize.

Post #15   6/22/10 3:20:45PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2