Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Commission Docs Said Hamill's Staph "Posed No Threat" To Anyone At TUF 11 Finale

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
That's the short and sweet explanation from Matt Hamill's camp. The NSAC was aware of Hamill's issue but still cleared him to fight after checking him. "The doctors and the Commission were aware and repeatedly examined the red mark on Matt's back. They concluded that it was healing and hardened to the point that it posed no threat to Matt or anyone else inside the Octagon."

Article

Post #1   6/21/10 10:10:30AM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
Staph and Mersa are bad, I know they said it was safe, but it spreads through air, touch etc. and is very dangferous, even deadly a lot of times. They call it the super bug because it's resistance to anti bacterials and ability to spread. Unless the staph is treated properly the first time, the bug will groqw immune to the meds, and new meds are needed, until you run out of meds. It is very common on door knobs public places etc.
pic of Randlemems staph,looks like a hole in the chest from a cannon ball hit him !!!

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Last edited 6/21/10 1:40PM server time by icantthinkofanything
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #2   6/21/10 1:37:46PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
makes my skin crawl every time...

aaaaaggggghhhhh!

I had a staph infection once, luckily it was in my ear and didn't make its way into my blood stream. I thought it was just a bad cold and didn't go to the doctor for like a month.

Post #3   6/21/10 2:55:51PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,550-903
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I wouldn't be comfortable fighting someone with visible staph sores and neither would any of the guys at my gym I talked to about this. It's not worth the risk. It's like when they were debating letting Magic Johnson play with HIV.

It doesn't matter how many doctors tell me there is a low risk, I'm not fighting some one with staph or playing basketball with someone who has HIV.

Post #4   6/22/10 1:25:17AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

It doesn't matter how many doctors tell me there is a low risk, I'm not fighting some one with staph or playing basketball with someone who has HIV.

My guess it that they told Jardine about this and he gave the go-ahead. He probably was coming off a 2 month (maybe more) training camp and didn't want to put all that work in just to have the fight put off. Especially considering what this fight meant to him.

I don't think it was a smart medical decision but I'm willing to bet with some level of certainty that it went down like that.

Post #5   6/22/10 1:50:51AM