Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

John Cena Discusses UFC

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

noahgenda

Standup Guy

noahgenda Avatar

Career:315-179
Chips:
i was last a fan of pro wrestling in early high school when goldberg was running through wcw and the nwo was around and all that. ill still stream a ppv every now and then tho if someone tells me about it and its a lazy night

Post #16   6/19/10 7:52:38PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,496-876
Chips:
I know a lot of pretty boys that don't like getting punched in the face. How is this news?

Post #17   6/19/10 9:49:47PM   

Naturaldisaster

MMA Sensei

Naturaldisaster Avatar

Career:703-452
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
UFC isnt hurting wwe at all. Their to completely different entitees. PPVs are on different nights. TV shows are on different nights. And actually Vince McMahon and Dana white are friends, as are Chuck Liddell and Shane McMahon. and the only thing thats really hurting pro wrestling when it comes to mma, is that alot of wrestlers have a background in amateur wrestling or some kind of martial art, and are jumping ship to test themselves in mma. but UFC hurting WWE thats a no, because as of yet Dave Batista is the only wrestler to leave wwe and start training for mma, and that isnt even the reason he left, he left because wwe said they'd allow him to star in the next WWE Film but instead gave the role to Triple H.And Brock Lesnar didnt start training mma when he left wwe he actually wrestled for a year or two over in japan after departing from wwe, them started fighting mma. so as far as im concerned, wwe and ufc are no where close to affecting each other.

Post #18   6/19/10 10:22:04PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
No, Bobby Lashley left the WWE.

Last edited 6/19/10 10:24PM server time by blueskiesburn
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #19   6/19/10 10:24:36PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

I know a lot of pretty boys that don't like getting punched in the face. How is this news?

LOL damn... gotta spread the love

Post #20   6/19/10 10:49:28PM   

Naturaldisaster

MMA Sensei

Naturaldisaster Avatar

Career:703-452
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

No, Bobby Lashley left the WWE.

I stand corrected, i completely forgot about bobby

Post #21   6/20/10 12:00:11AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:
Haha, most people have....

Post #22   6/20/10 12:01:31AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

The problem is that most of these guys are extremely broken. WWE is no joke when it comes to the beating your body takes.

I also used to be a huge wrestling fan, and now that I have moved on past being entertained by wrestling, I look back and wonder why some of these guys bother taking suge massive punishment to their bodies day in and day out. It just seems like a waste of great athletes.

Post #23   6/20/10 12:47:48AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:
Masochism? that's all I can come up with.

Post #24   6/20/10 1:04:33AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Well the big stars make quite a bit of money. So I wouldn't say it's a waste of great athletes so much. Hell, look how rich and famous Hulk Hogan got out of the whole deal. Plus a lot of people don't necessarily view it like being a WWE wrestler is a bad thing. Lots of dudes grow up wanting to do that their whole life.

I gotta admit that actually seeing the shows live is pretty impressive. Even though I'm not a fan they're definitely onto something

Post #25   6/20/10 1:08:28AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

Well the big stars make quite a bit of money. So I wouldn't say it's a waste of great athletes so much. Hell, look how rich and famous Hulk Hogan got out of the whole deal. Plus a lot of people don't necessarily view it like being a WWE wrestler is a bad thing. Lots of dudes grow up wanting to do that their whole life.

I gotta admit that actually seeing the shows live is pretty impressive. Even though I'm not a fan they're definitely onto something

Oh, for sure, Jackelope. Chris Jericho DREAMED of being a wrestler. Hell, WWE stars make more money than UFC fighters ever will during a career. I'm not talking mid card wrestlers but people like Randy Orton, Triple H, Undertaker (he's just on another level, period), etc... They make a shitload of money to bang up their bodies. This is why I think some of them might be masochistic in nature. Mick Foley sure was. Hey, I know for one, that I would NEVER allow the Undertaker to do this to me, EVER

Post #26   6/20/10 1:15:13AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,496-876
Chips:

Posted by warglory

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

The problem is that most of these guys are extremely broken. WWE is no joke when it comes to the beating your body takes.

I also used to be a huge wrestling fan, and now that I have moved on past being entertained by wrestling, I look back and wonder why some of these guys bother taking suge massive punishment to their bodies day in and day out. It just seems like a waste of great athletes.

Well they make a ton of money and they also can have considerably more time at the top than MMA Fighters. In the WWE if you get a big name you can be around making top dollar for 10-15yrs easy. In MMA it's really hard to stay on top that long.

As far as what someone said earlier about MMA taking wrestling talent from the WWE, I don't buy it. You need to be an athlete and a big guy who likes to talk trash, but you don't need a lot of technical skill.

As long as there are cocky body builders in the world Profesional Wrestling will have a talent pool.

(Not trying to dis the sport, just calling it like i see it.)

Post #27   6/20/10 1:37:55AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:
You actually do need a good deal of talent to be a professional wrestler. Many of them spend YEARS developing the ability to sell a match in small development organizations. There is plenty of technical skill involved in what they do for a living. If you've ever seen a really shitty match, you'll know what I am talking about. It might not be the same "skill" you're thinking of but there's a reason a lot of WWE superstars were former all-americans in college. They have the ability to manuever around on the mat and sell it as "real" because what they are doing IS real. The outcome is just scripted.

There's a number of wrestlers who currently wrestle that make it PAINFULLY obvious that something/someone didn't actually hit them. Then there's wrestlers like The Undertaker and John Cena who perform their moves and acting ability with such precision that you can't tell, via watching, that a move didn't connect. Also, there's skill in the way they perform the moves so as not to injure, very seriously, other entertainers. Presently, there are only three people who are authorized to perform a piledriver in all of WWE; The Undertaker, Kane, Jerry Lawler. This is because they have developed the skill to do this manuever without snapping their fellow entertainer's necks.

Post #28   6/20/10 1:49:40AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,339-1,246
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Maybe strikeforce will call for him

Post #29   6/20/10 2:18:31AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,456-844
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Pro wrestling is as much imo,a physical form of art as it is entertainment.
Watching it live certainly adds a whole different perspective to the spectacle.

Post #30   6/20/10 8:32:55PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2