Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Chris Leben Expecting To Beat Aaron Simpson "Rather Easily" At TUF 11 Finale

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by Aether

"could be a top 10 or 5 guy down the road"

and

"could be a championship contender"

Are these the same thing in your mind? Many top 10 fighters never come close to a title shot or being considered contenders, and often a guy ranked as high as 4th or 5th will never actually get a shot.

The difference is very obvious, you just took a small sentence fragment in order to twist my meaning to suit your argument.

Jardine anyone?

Post #16   6/16/10 5:57:57PM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
I think Aaron Simpson should win, he was running through Herman before Ed hurt his knee. I was suprised he got so beat up by Lawlor on the feet, but that showed Aaron's good chin and or recovery ability. I can't help but think Lawlor who was doing so well vs Aaron, got beat by Doerkson (a late replacement and underdog...i wonder if Doerkson earned a contract with that win). I give Leben a chance due to that mmath, and Leben being a guy with a lot of ufc w's.. Leben was better when he would mix the striking and takedowns up, and is only surpassed by Kendall in being unpredictable about each performance imo.

Post #17   6/16/10 6:03:51PM   

noahgenda

Standup Guy

noahgenda Avatar

Career:315-179
Chips:
if you are top 5 in your division you are a contender. contender doesnt mean fighting for the belt, it means highly rated with the possibility of fighting for the belt some time in the future. why do you think they talk about championship contenders in college football before the season even starts? they dont wait until the bowl games are announced and say, "looks like the contenders this year are team x and team y" by that time it is obvious. jardine hasnt ever won more than 2 fights in a row in the ufc, he was obviously never a contender. if you had him rated in the top 5 at lhw that was a personal problem

as far as twisting a fragment of a sentence to fit your needs goes, youre doing the exact same thing homie. the substance of my statement stands whether i used the terminology contender or top 5

Last edited 6/16/10 6:26PM server time by noahgenda
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #18   6/16/10 6:23:19PM   

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,611-877
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
It's Chris Leben.

One of his biggest claims to fame was saying he would walk through some guy's punches and send him back to Japan.

Post #19   6/16/10 6:35:04PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:
You got rid of the Spider, lohmann, I'm not sure if I like the new look.

Post #20   6/16/10 6:58:04PM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:
I like Lebens confidence here but I dont think he is going to pull off the victory. Simpson will wrestle and GnP hisway to a UD for sure.

Post #21   6/16/10 7:15:18PM   

CanadianCripplr

MMA Regular

CanadianCripplr Avatar

Career:1,377-772
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
lots of guys wrong in this thread. I cant believe simpson didnt listen to his coach between rounds when he told him not to brawl or something along those lines. way to listen a train.

Post #22   6/20/10 1:25:48AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by CanadianCripplr

lots of guys wrong in this thread. I cant believe simpson didnt listen to his coach between rounds when he told him not to brawl or something along those lines. way to listen a train.

Regardless of the winner I'm thinking most people on here were arguing the fact that he wouldn't walk through him "rather easily"

Post #23   6/20/10 1:28:24AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:
Hey, it's a problem with wrestlers. Simpson probably had to get "koscheck'ed" so he'd realize that you can't just stand and bang with everyone. Wrestling is what got you there, wrestling is what you should stick with. Koscheck learned his lesson and I'm sure Simpson will as well. I'm upset with the loss (points and wager-wise) but I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing for Simpson. He will learn to use his strengths and come back better than ever. It's not that you lost, it's what you learn from the loss.

Post #24   6/20/10 1:30:05AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2