Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Martin Kampmann Looking for a Fight With Dan Hardy at UFC 120

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,611-877
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
"I'd love to fight Dan Hardy," Kampmann (17-3 MMA, 8-2 UFC) said. "I think that would make a great fight. I heard he doesn't have an opponent right now, so that could be a great opportunity."

link

Post #1   6/14/10 6:41:13PM   

kevietre

Belt Contender

kevietre Avatar

Career:666-468
Chips:
Kampmann looked good against Thiago and I think the Dan Hardy fight would be his fight. Hardy is difficult to submitt but I think Kampmann can grind him out for 3 rounds with his wrestling.

Post #2   6/14/10 6:44:33PM   

zxandu

MMA Regular

zxandu Avatar

Career:258-224
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:

Posted by lohmann

"I'd love to fight Dan Hardy," Kampmann (17-3 MMA, 8-2 UFC) said. "I think that would make a great fight. I heard he doesn't have an opponent right now, so that could be a great opportunity."

link

If anyone helped his stock more than anybody, it was Kampmann, he looked awesome against Paulo, and I think this fight would be AWESOME, like a Bostonian, throw in a WICKED before the awesome!!!!!

Post #3   6/14/10 7:04:38PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
I'm all for this fight, I would love to see Kampmann and Hardy go to war. The stand up would be great but Hardy would get worked over on the ground, unfortunately.

Post #4   6/14/10 7:04:44PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,215-1,196
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I think Hardy would be ok on the ground. If GSP couldn't sub him for 5 rounds, I don't think Kampmann would. Plus, I'm sure Hardy has been working on his wrestling, so it would be interesting to see how improved his takedown defense is. Kampmann does like to bang a bit on the feet, which wouldn't be the best idea against someone like Hardy. Great fight, hope it happens

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #5   6/14/10 7:18:39PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,495-875
Chips:
Hardy would get dominated anywhere this fight went.

He's on his way out of the UFC or at least to the bottom of the heap. I never understood any of the hype behind that guy.

Post #6   6/14/10 8:11:37PM   

GSPCanada

Standup Guy

Career:637-415
Chips:
hardy is a pretty young guy. there really was no hype, ppl just thought he was a tough matchup for gsp. its early, and i mean its nowhere near official but I dont know how it would go, kampman has always showed good takedown d submissions/ground game and good stand up, but the daley fight showed he has a weakness in his wrestling, hardy showed some lousy takedown d against gsp tho, so who knows, I think hardy would win the standup portion i just dont know if kampman will b able to take him down. hardy's camp spent time looking at kampman and training for him for when daley was fighting kampman.

im just saying it's a really close fight on paper

Post #7   6/14/10 8:54:32PM   

hate4thestate

In Full Mount

hate4thestate Avatar

Career:1,246-789
Camp: JTV All-Stars
Chips:
i think kampman takes this one standing. hes much more of a technical striker then hardy. kampman must have took something from the hardy loss. he looked like he really stepped his game up in the thiago fight. i got kampman all day if this goes down.

Post #8   6/14/10 8:57:37PM   

noahgenda

Standup Guy

noahgenda Avatar

Career:315-179
Chips:
i think the daley fight showed a bigger problem with his game planning and/or ability to stick to a game plan than his wrestling.

Post #9   6/14/10 9:02:16PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:

Posted by hate4thestate

i think kampman takes this one standing. hes much more of a technical striker then hardy. kampman must have took something from the hardy loss. he looked like he really stepped his game up in the thiago fight. i got kampman all day if this goes down.

I think you meant the Daley loss.

Post #10   6/14/10 9:05:23PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,320-1,237
Chips:
Looks like the kammpman bandwagon started. All aboard
Good fight better not be main event. Hardy takes this

Post #11   6/14/10 9:06:19PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

What is it with you and bandwagons? If we say someone is going to lose a fight, we've jumped off the bandwagon, if we say they are going to win the fight, you put us on the bandwagon. The purpose of this site is to discuss MMA. Just because I think Kampmann would win this fight does not mean me, or anyone else, has jumped on a bandwagon. We're just answering the topic.

Post #12   6/14/10 9:11:53PM   

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,611-877
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by prozacnation1978

What is it with you and bandwagons? If we say someone is going to lose a fight, we've jumped off the bandwagon, if we say they are going to win the fight, you put us on the bandwagon. The purpose of this site is to discuss MMA. Just because I think Kampmann would win this fight does not mean me, or anyone else, has jumped on a bandwagon. We're just answering the topic.

For Kampmann, I actually think it is a bandwagon effect. After the Daley loss, people dismissed him out of the top ten quickly, and he was a pretty heavy underdog against Paulo Thiago Saturday. Dan Hardy is a very good welterweight, and people pushing him under the Kampmann bus is a bit shortsighted.

I think Hardy wins. Hardy demonstrated good defensive clinchwork against Swick, and while Kampmann demonstrated some improved grappling Saturday, I don't think he showed that he has takedowns that are going to put Dan Hardy on his back.

Kampmann is a good welterweight, and he definitely has a chance, but Dan Hardy isn't some can he's going to run over.

Post #13   6/14/10 10:01:41PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:
Well, for me, personally, it's not a bandwagon effect. I am not buying in to the Kampmann kool-aid yet. He looked very good against Thiago and I think he's got very technical striking which is something I feel is a slight edge in a potential fight with Hardy. Should he be able to get Hardy on the ground, I don't think he will be able to submit him but, he could work his ground game enough to score a UD. It's obviously one of those fights where, if Kampmann continues to improve on the ground, I could see it going his way. That being said, Hardy probably hit the mats and SERIOUSLY worked on his wrestling after the GSP fight. Right now, I'd have Kampmann taking this fight because Hardy looked ineffective on the ground (other than being damn near impossible to submit), while Kampmann looked very good against an accomplished grappler in Thiago. Depending on training camps, this could change. As of right now, however, I have Kampmann via UD.

Post #14   6/14/10 10:24:34PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,497-1,576
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
You lose a big fight and your ranking with me will suffer, if you win it will prosper...so naturally he is going to have an up/down affect on everything except "my favs" list. I think Kampmanns stand up techniques are more technical, more diversed, and just as powerful as Hardy. Hardy getting taken down at will by GSP is a mute point IMO because....it was GSP! The guy has like an 80% success rate for takedowns in MMA!! I don't think Kampmann's chin can be considered questionable yet either because his TKO losses are to Daley Marquardt and Semenov....all outstanding KO artists. I alson don't see Martin subing Hardy as he hasn't been subbed for years and his defense against subs was highlighted in his last fight. I see this going to decision, and being awesome the whole time. Slight edge Martin IMO.

Post #15   6/14/10 11:22:48PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2