Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

You're Wrong If You Think Mirko Cro Cop Is Old

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
He thinks he proved that last night. "I wanted to prove to everyone that I'm not old and they are wrong. My preparation for this fight was the hardest it has been my entire life. I want the grand prix in 2006 with Pride, but tonight, my condition was better.... I was really dedicated.... I never felt so comfortable [inside the cage] in my career.... Pat caught me twice -- the punches were good ... especially the second one. It was good, but I was able to stand up right away. And I just felt a pain in my eye -- that's all I felt. I wasn't dizzy, just had a little double vision for about 10 seconds. Later on I was okay. I was just doing my thing, trying to involve him in the clinch to get him tired, take him down and to finish him.... I just felt good this time to tell you the truth."

Article

Post #1   6/13/10 9:49:52AM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:
It was good to see CC string together a couple wins. And Pat Barry is no Anthony Perosh. He is a dominant striker. Just doesnt have any sub defense.

Post #2   6/13/10 11:21:13AM   

BigIP

Standup Guy

BigIP Avatar

Career:43-35
Chips:
I was not impressed with Crocop. He was losing the standup with barry and only won because Barry has no ground game and was star struck fighting his idol. Also CC needs to lose his walk out music, Wild Boys by Duran Duran, Really?

Post #3   6/13/10 12:51:28PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,542-1,461
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by BigIP

I was not impressed with Crocop. He was losing the standup with barry and only won because Barry has no ground game and was star struck fighting his idol. Also CC needs to lose his walk out music, Wild Boys by Duran Duran, Really?

Post #4   6/13/10 1:13:21PM   

KronicBuboniK

Learning to Sprawl

Career:62-35
Chips:

Posted by BigIP

Really? I saw Cro Cop winning the last two rounds in stand up. He was going on the attack and landing most of his strikes. If Barry didn't respect Cro Cop so much, he might have won.

Last edited 6/13/10 2:06PM server time by KronicBubonik
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   6/13/10 2:06:06PM   

meier

Standup Guy

meier Avatar

Career:453-438
Chips:
agreed to statement above

Post #6   6/13/10 2:35:30PM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
Mirko looked good last night. It looked like Barry gassed, but it may have been that Mirko upped his game in rd 2, and Barry couldnt keep up the good punches he had in the 1st. Mirko has his kicks back and mixing in the side kicks and stuff helps mix it up, making him more unpredictable. Mirko should fight for the same reason he was fighting for in Pride imo. Fighting to prove your not too old is not always the best motivation. Chuck used that line of thinking and look what happened to him. (Chuck looked awesome until he got ko'd though) Chuck needs to strengthen that neck up to avoid getting dropped everytime, I wonder ifChuck will go to SF? )) Mirko needs to keep up the good work evolving his game. I don't think he should retire, I just think his motivation and training needed rejuvination.

Post #7   6/13/10 2:52:35PM   

Muradaldin

Learning to Sprawl

Muradaldin Avatar

Career:525-380
Chips:
I was not too impressed with CC. He looked OK, but nowhere near what he looked like in Pride, despite what Goldie and others said. I like CC but don't think he "proved" anything other than the fact that Pat Barry needs to work on his cardio. This was more a case of Barry gassing that CC coming back into his old form.

Post #8   6/13/10 3:57:50PM   

Hendo67

MMA Sensei

Hendo67 Avatar

Career:1,066-730
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:

Posted by BigIP

What's wrong with his music? I like it, actually really like it...

CroCop won the last two rounds on the feet in my opinion, did you catch the fact that CroCop dropped Barry which led to the submission?
Was i the only one who loved to see CroCop have fun out there, when was the last time we've seen him enter the cage Smiling and laughing? I can't think of any... He was full of humor, it was awesome.

Last edited 6/13/10 4:14PM server time by Hendo67
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #9   6/13/10 4:12:58PM   

aristipe

MMA Regular

Career:-
Chips:
Cro Cop probably won't get anywhere near a title shot. But for old times sake, it was good to see him win.

Post #10   6/13/10 4:48:20PM   

Superbike848

Learning to Sprawl

Superbike848 Avatar

Career:871-644
Camp: Armchair Samurai's
Chips:
Yea I didn't like how Cro Cop performed last night either. I did expect stand up war, so did Barry, but man did Cro Cop turn that around. I felt he was losing the stand up, he was throwing that left straight furiously and missed quite a few times. He also was getting brutalized by Pat's leg kick, I saw Cro Cop limp too i think after the 2nd round. Barry also timed and swept Cro Cop off his feet in the 2nd round with a low kick, that was like whoa o.o. Cro Cop was also throwing some weird kicks too, like Joe said "crescent kick"? hmm. He's my favorite fighter but as GSP would say "I am not impressed by your performance"

If anything, Cro Cop should rematch either gonzaga, who also doing that well atm, kongo, who is, or JDS.

Post #11   6/13/10 5:26:12PM   

Styles

Standup Guy

Styles Avatar

Career:373-223
Chips:
I would liek to see him fight at LHW, I know it wont happen but it would be interesting to see.

Post #12   6/13/10 5:55:10PM   

FilipovicFan

Learning to Sprawl

Career:693-321
Chips:

Posted by Muradaldin

I was not too impressed with CC. He looked OK, but nowhere near what he looked like in Pride, despite what Goldie and others said. I like CC but don't think he "proved" anything other than the fact that Pat Barry needs to work on his cardio. This was more a case of Barry gassing that CC coming back into his old form.

You're a tool if CC proved nothing apart from the fact that Barry needs to work on his cardio. Watch the Jordan Breen Show, I can't be bothered to tell you.

Post #13   6/13/10 7:14:53PM   

theruler_

MMA Regular

theruler_ Avatar

Career:47-28
Chips:
mirko was extra aggresive in this fight (reminded me of the final night of the open weight gp) which worked well for him after a shaky start.
too bad he is so damn old or he might be a threat

Post #14   6/13/10 8:25:43PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
Alright, flame wars aside, here's my deal. Cro Cop finally goes in there and *DOES* in fact, look better than he has in the Octagon and people don't like it. If Cro Cop had gone in there and gotten knocked out, people would say he's done. Cro Cop went in there against a very talented striker *AND WON.* He was throwing kicks, combinations and mixing it up with a little grappling. Yes, Cro Cop was getting dropped in round 1 but did it ever occur to anyone that the reason Cro Cop won the fight is because he made between round adjustments to force Barry into his game?

Could it be that Cro Cop has been a high level striker for much longer than Barry and this enabled him to adjust which led to Barry getting gassed? Sure, Barry has some cardio issues but I don't think this is an uncommon problem at the HW division. We know little to nothing about Carwin's cardio, Lesnar looked a little gassed in his fight with Couture, Rothwell...enough said, Yvel...enough said. I'm just saying that it doesn't feel like anyone wants to give any credit to Cro Cop. I picked Barry to win this fight and said I didn't think Cro Cop would ever look like his old self again before this fight. I also said that if Cro Cop came out and put on a great performance that I would eat my words, so, here I am. He looked great aside from getting dropped. That will happen when you engage in a striking war. Even high level boxers get dropped. Mayweather has been buckled. It's going to happen people.

Post #15   6/13/10 8:49:52PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3