Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Wounds healed and lessons learned, Kampmann ready to make statement at UFC 115

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,284-1,206
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Even with a gaping wound over his right eye that UFC broadcaster Joe Rogan would almost certainly compare to some aspect of a goat's anatomy, Martin Kampmann (16-3 MMA, 7-2 UFC) still wanted to fight.

But with just six weeks from the time of the injury until his schedule fight with Ben Saunders at March's UFC 111 event, Kampmann was advised by doctors to stand down.

He did, but the urge to fight has been building for months, and the "Hitman" is ready to unleash his fury on potent Brazilian Paulo Thiago (14-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC) at this Saturday's UFC 115 event in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

LINK

Post #1   6/11/10 8:33:14AM   

isk

In Full Mount

isk Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
More than anything I'm pleased with Kampmann's awareness of his tendency to stay in the pocket too long. He's got a solid chin but lacks the power to win most brawls. Had he remained at range and controlled distance in the Daley fight, I could see him picking up a solid decision win or a submission after Daley became frustrated and wore himself out.

Kampmann's a good guy with a broad skill base which can give Thiago a difficult matchup, but at the same time he may leave himself vulnerable to Thiago's looping bombs. Here's hoping Martin applies the lessons he's learned and fights up to his potential, because he's too good to be a gatekeeper.

Post #2   6/11/10 10:02:18AM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Would be a big win for kampmann but a loss here could mean he is cut or has 1 more shot maybe against another contender or maybe they throw him a newbie to try & get a W.

Post #3   6/11/10 10:50:14PM