Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC 115's "Cro Cop" says retirement possible if new contract doesn't materialize

Print  
Posted By Message

Jshep714

MMA Regular

Jshep714 Avatar

Career:1,385-724
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
VANCOUVER, British Columbia – Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic is on the last fight of his UFC contract and wants to keep fighting. But if he doesn't ink a new UFC deal, he's not shopping himself to Japan.

Instead, he's done.

"I will extend the contract, or I will go retire," said Filipovic (26-7-2 MMA, 3-3 UFC), who on Saturday faces Pat Barry (5-1 MMA, 2-1 UFC) on the pay-per-view portion of UFC 115. "But I think I will keep fighting."

Filipovic inked a three-fight contract extension with the promotion this past July after a rocky patch in which it was speculated that he might defect from the UFC to the Japanese-based DREAM promotion.

LINK

Post #1   6/9/10 7:45:18PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
I think everything is riding on this fight with Barry, and I really hope CroCop wins it. In his promo for this fight he seems like he seems much more interested than he normally is, maybe he has his fire back.

Last edited 6/9/10 9:26PM server time by warglory
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   6/9/10 9:26:23PM   

vinny_cro_cop_q

MMA Regular

vinny_cro_cop_q Avatar

Career:181-138
Chips:
WAR MIRKO. Come on now. Last chance we may all see Mirko fight in the ufc, or ever? Everyone who respects, and wants to see his LHK should be goin crazy to see this guy come back

Post #3   6/9/10 11:28:45PM   

vomitshovel

MMA Regular

vomitshovel Avatar

Career:136-93
Camp: Xtreme Fight Militia
Chips:
I know I'm not the only one that wants to see a hungry Mirko come back with a high-kicking vengeance... He was one of the most, if not THE most exciting fighter in K-1. If you look at his fight vs Andy Hug you see his hunger and passion to compete.
Seems lately like he's just trying to put food on the table.
His latest interviews he seems renewed and hopefully this will lead to him bringing confidence into the ring and bringing back his old stalking style.
Yes, the fighters he used to LHK KO were of a MUUUUUUCH lower caliber than the UFC fighters of current day standards, but he has also evolved and hopefully he will sit Barry on his ass.
WAR CRO COP no matter how much he loses

Post #4   6/10/10 5:17:56AM   

finnish_line

In Full Mount

finnish_line Avatar

Career:517-331
Camp: Great Boxe
Chips:

I seriously doubt we will ever see Cro Cop knock someone out with a head kick again.

And that's sad.

Post #5   6/10/10 10:13:19AM