Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Tyson Griffin says his new form, not rivalry with Evan Dunham, is real story of UFC 115

Print  
Posted By Message

hate4thestate

In Full Mount

hate4thestate Avatar

Career:1,264-800
Camp: JTV All-Stars
Chips:
While much of the attention leading into this weekend's UFC 115 event in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, is centered firmly (and deservedly) on the main event between former champions Chuck Liddell and Rich Franklin, hardcore fans have another bout circled as a potential "Fight of the Night" candidate.

Evan Dunham (10-0 MMA, 3-0 UFC) vs. Tyson Griffin (14-2 MMA, 7-2 UFC).

And while most have focused on Dunham's ties with Xtreme Couture and how the Oregonian was forced to leave the camp in favor of Griffin, Griffin himself believes that angle is overblown. Instead, Griffin believes the real story will be his improved fitness and technique.

Link

Post #1   6/9/10 12:02:32AM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
i fgriffin really does improve his technique and physique or whatever i could see him getting a title shot in the future. i really like griffin, i think hes a very skilled fighter and more importantly he stays busy and keeps my attention which can be difficult.

Post #2   6/9/10 2:18:57AM   

supatolacyl

MMA Regular

supatolacyl Avatar

Career:1,157-897
Chips:
This is probably my 2nd favorite fight on the card behind liddell/franklin. I can see this being FOTN easily, I have been very impressed with Dunham and everytime he steps into the cage he is looking better, so I will be pulling for him. Ethier way I just don't want to see another UD for Griffin, If Griffin does win hopefuly his new techniques can keep him rolling with the finishes, but giving up size at 155 doesn't seem to be a good idea. He may gain speed, but everyone at 155 is fast, IMO you need to keep that power with the speed, so lets hope he didn't make the wrong move there.

Post #3   6/9/10 3:12:00AM