Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Column: Sokoudjou the next superstar of mixed martial arts?

Print  
Posted By Message

disorderlyvision

Respect the Battle Axe

disorderlyvision Avatar

Career:1,622-1,122
Chips:
link

After two first round knockouts of top-ranked light heavyweights, could this relative newcomer be the next superstar in the world of mixed martial arts?

Post #1   4/17/07 12:46:54PM   

hook_tothe_body

Standup Guy

hook_tothe_body Avatar

Career:415-290
Camp: 368
Chips:
I think Sokoudjou will be a big name fighter in the future in MMA, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Yeah he KO'ed Nogueira in 23 seconds in his fourth MMA fight. But if PRIDE has Nogueira and Sokoudjou fight in a rematch, I bet the fight goes on a lot longer than it did. Maybe Nogueira gets KO'ed again, but a lot later in the fight.

I've never really been a fan of Arona. In his 13 victories in MMA he's only stopped 5 people. Sure, two of those five people were Alistair Overeem and Kazushi Sakuraba. But Sakuraba is a lot smaller than Arona.

Anyway, Sokoudjou will be a force. He trains with a really good camp. But people know who he is now. I think people wil be a little bit more careful when fighting him.

Post #2   4/17/07 3:27:02PM   

VanellaL47

Learning to Sprawl

VanellaL47 Avatar

Career:210-138
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:

Posted by hook_tothe_body

I think Sokoudjou will be a big name fighter in the future in MMA, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Yeah he KO'ed Nogueira in 23 seconds in his fourth MMA fight. But if PRIDE has Nogueira and Sokoudjou fight in a rematch, I bet the fight goes on a lot longer than it did. Maybe Nogueira gets KO'ed again, but a lot later in the fight.

I've never really been a fan of Arona. In his 13 victories in MMA he's only stopped 5 people. Sure, two of those five people were Alistair Overeem and Kazushi Sakuraba. But Sakuraba is a lot smaller than Arona.

Anyway, Sokoudjou will be a force. He trains with a really good camp. But people know who he is now. I think people wil be a little bit more careful when fighting him.

I argee with him...he's training with some good strikers and wrestlers...he could be the next force in MMA.

Post #3   4/17/07 5:40:50PM   

aznteabagger

In Full Mount

aznteabagger Avatar

Career:618-368
Chips:
if he keep it up he'll get a title shot in no time

Post #4   4/17/07 10:08:32PM