Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Yager Clears Up Twitter Controversy With Tito (No TUF Spoilers)

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Jamie Yager may have had a rough night on Wednesday watching his elimination from “The Ultimate Fighter" Season 11, but nothing like the storm of controversy he was hit with first thing Thursday morning. An account on Twitter that was said to be Jamie Yager’s went on a hate filled tirade aimed at Tito Ortiz, and several media outlets picked up on the back and forth, reporting the heated exchange between the former coach and fighter. The only problem, Yager says it wasn’t him. "Basically, I woke up today about like 9 o'clock west coast time, and my phone's blowing up like 'dude, what's going on? What's up with you and Tito?’" he told MMAWeekly Radio on Thursday night. As the confusion washed over him, Yager hit the Internet and saw the barrage of messages and media outlets reporting on his "feud" with Tito Ortiz. Blindsided by the whole incident, Yager immediately alerted everyone involved that while he does have his own Twitter account (www.twitter.com/jamieyager) the person posing as him posting the messages was an imposter.

Article

Post #1   6/4/10 7:33:25AM   

MFOTHER

In Full Mount

MFOTHER Avatar

Career:1,027-563
Chips:
So the title says no TUF spoilers, but the first sentence is a spoliler. Good job

Post #2   6/4/10 10:40:42AM   

FlashyG

MMA Sensei

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,156-1,214
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I don't think you can spoil a show that aired multiple times already.

Post #3   6/4/10 10:58:44AM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Chips:
And it doesn't spoil future episodes. If it hadn't already aired they couldn't talk about it.

Post #4   6/4/10 11:01:31AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,245-1,185
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

I don't think you can spoil a show that aired multiple times already.

Absolutely correct.

Post #5   6/4/10 11:02:08AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
You know, I love that people can just say "it was an impostor on my twitter." I've had my twitter account for 2+ years and it's never been hacked. How do all these celebrities (and Yager is NOT a celebrity) keep getting their sh*t hacked? Nobody has ever written on my twitter that wasn't me. I should post a tirade on my twitter and then claim it was an impostor.

Post #6   6/4/10 1:42:43PM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:
were the tweets coming from the account that he's saying is his? I didn't get the impression he was saying someone posted from his twitter account but that someone made another twitter account and pretended to be him.

Last edited 6/4/10 3:54PM server time by maxone
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   6/4/10 2:28:09PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,245-1,185
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

(and Yager is NOT a celebrity)

How is he *not* a celebrity?

Post #8   6/4/10 2:49:33PM   

noahgenda

Standup Guy

noahgenda Avatar

Career:315-179
Chips:
no, the twitter account the stuff was posted under was the_chosyn_one or something, not jamieyager

but apparently the_chosyn_one was listed as his account on facebook and by his management, until sometime this afternoon.

Post #9   6/4/10 3:15:21PM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:

Posted by noahgenda

no, the twitter account the stuff was posted under was the_chosyn_one or something, not jamieyager

but apparently the_chosyn_one was listed as his account on facebook and by his management, until sometime this afternoon.

if that's true then it sounds like he's busted

Post #10   6/4/10 3:56:31PM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

You know, I love that people can just say "it was an impostor on my twitter." I've had my twitter account for 2+ years and it's never been hacked. How do all these celebrities (and Yager is NOT a celebrity) keep getting their sh*t hacked? Nobody has ever written on my twitter that wasn't me. I should post a tirade on my twitter and then claim it was an impostor.

Simple. Make an account under that celeb's name. If ti's taken, add something like "The" or "TheReal" or similar to the front of it. If it's an athlete, maybe put their jersey number at the end.

Post #11   6/4/10 5:09:51PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,320-1,237
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
He looks like he goes crazy on next tuf episode. I wonder if dana
Will let him fight at tuf finale

Post #12   6/4/10 8:00:33PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

You're also not on TV once a week being viewed by millions of people.

Post #13   6/4/10 11:30:35PM   

theruler_

MMA Regular

theruler_ Avatar

Career:47-28
Chips:

Posted by Aether

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

You're also not on TV once a week being viewed by millions of people.

exactly. otherwise known as a celebrity........albeit a low level one :)

Post #14   6/5/10 4:59:15AM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:
I am completly over anything yager has to say or do. His wins on the show , actually show the level of talent the show brings. Yager's stand-up, while extremly flashy is atrociuos. As proved by his Josh last Wed! He is completly wide open every time he throws a strike. I really dont think he had the skills to fight in the UFC. Even at the lowest tier of the MW div.

Post #15   6/6/10 5:50:11PM