Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dana White: 'Rampage' Jackson made the right decision by doing A-Team

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
"I get guys all the time -- because the UFC is getting so big - doing movies, but they're usually movies that go straight to DVD, and you wouldn't even want to watch them on DVD, but Rampage made the right decision. The A-Team is the big summer hit this year, and from what I'm hearing from the guys in Hollywood, Rampage [nailed] it. He did an awesome job. Everything worked out. He and I made up, and the fight is still happening. It's definitely not a bad thing, but I don't know how many people will actually be going to see The A-Team movie knowing that Rampage Jackson is a UFC fighter. I don't know. We'll have to see how it works out."

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   5/26/10 6:13:47AM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,895-1,080
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

It must be nice to have no memory.

Post #2   5/26/10 6:29:48AM   

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,641-896
Chips:

"I get guys all the time -- because the UFC is getting so big - doing movies, but they're usually movies that go straight to DVD, and you wouldn't even want to watch them on DVD, but Rampage made the right decision. The A-Team is the big summer hit this year, and from what I'm hearing from the guys in Hollywood, Rampage [nailed] it. He did an awesome job. Everything worked out. He and I made up, and the fight is still happening. It's definitely not a bad thing, but I don't know how many people will actually be going to see The A-Team movie knowing that Rampage Jackson is a UFC fighter. I don't know. We'll have to see how it works out."

Most of the comments Dana White makes bother me.

1. If Dana White can use your services, you are a great fighter doing the right things.
2. If you refuse to serve Dana White, you are not worthy of being in the UFC anyway.

Dana White is pure id and nothing else.

EDIT:

link to article

"I hate it with a [expletive] passion," White said when asked about UFC fighters who take movie roles. "'You're a fighter; you're not a movie star.' It's so [expletive] funny because fighters want to be movie stars, and movie stars want to act like they're fighters. 'Get a [expletive] grip. You're a fighter, and you're a [expletive] movie star. Alright?'"

link to audio

Rampage is a guy that we obviously have taken under our wing the last few years, really like him, and done a lot of good things for him. For him to do this to me and to pull out and do this goofy A-Team movie, I'm not happy at all.

Dana White's idea of a "friend" confuses me.

Last edited 5/26/10 6:47AM server time by lohmann
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   5/26/10 6:40:14AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,494-876
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by lohmann

Most of the comments Dana White makes bother me.

1. If Dana White can use your services, you are a great fighter doing the right things.
2. If you refuse to serve Dana White, you are not worthy of being in the UFC anyway.

Dana White is pure id and nothing else.

EDIT:

link to article

"I hate it with a [expletive] passion," White said when asked about UFC fighters who take movie roles. "'You're a fighter; you're not a movie star.' It's so [expletive] funny because fighters want to be movie stars, and movie stars want to act like they're fighters. 'Get a [expletive] grip. You're a fighter, and you're a [expletive] movie star. Alright?'"

link to audio

Rampage is a guy that we obviously have taken under our wing the last few years, really like him, and done a lot of good things for him. For him to do this to me and to pull out and do this goofy A-Team movie, I'm not happy at all.

Dana White's idea of a "friend" confuses me.

Ha,ha. Classic.

Dana's worse than a woman. Really.

I can't believe White actually said Rampage did the right thing. Chances are Dana herd a few early "glowing" reviews and a few higher up Hollywood chums have informed him of how a great turnout for the A Team movie could possibly get the UFC to the next level.

Last edited 5/26/10 8:17AM server time by mrsmiley

Post #4   5/26/10 8:15:38AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,304-1,218
Chips:

Posted by mrsmiley

Chances are Dana herd a few early "glowing" reviews and a few higher up Hollywood chums have informed him of how a great turnout for the A Team movie could possibly get the UFC to the next level.

Actually, chances are that the A-Team is sponsoring the sh*t out of UFC 114 this weekend and Dana's playing nice and back pedaling a bit.

Post #5   5/26/10 9:07:33AM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
I think Rampage filming the A-Team is great exposure for the UFC and MMA in general....I don't think Rampage will be winning an oscar for his performance though.

Last edited 5/26/10 9:36AM server time by Chael_Sonnen
2 total post edits

Post #6   5/26/10 9:36:10AM   

Focker101

MMA Regular

Focker101 Avatar

Career:1,394-777
Chips:
Admitting he was wrong with a public apology would probably go a long way !
it would fixi a rocky relationship with one of MMA's best fighters

And the movie will really help Page's N. American popularity something that has been lacking despite all of his humor

Post #7   5/26/10 10:19:33AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,494-876
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by mrsmiley

Chances are Dana herd a few early "glowing" reviews and a few higher up Hollywood chums have informed him of how a great turnout for the A Team movie could possibly get the UFC to the next level.

Actually, chances are that the A-Team is sponsoring the sh*t out of UFC 114 this weekend and Dana's playing nice and back pedaling a bit.

I'm sure thats part of it as well.

Post #8   5/26/10 10:23:17AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Classic narcissism at work here.

Post #9   5/26/10 11:02:18AM   

finnish_line

In Full Mount

finnish_line Avatar

Career:517-331
Camp: Great Boxe
Chips:

It's almost as if he's a Promoter!

Post #10   5/26/10 11:49:11AM   

submissionartist1

KING of the COMPOUND

submissionartist1 Avatar

Career:490-392
Camp: HighKicksRUs
Chips:
I pity these fools...

Post #11   5/26/10 11:50:07AM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by mrsmiley

Bango!

Post #12   5/26/10 12:39:13PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,237-808
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Well thats rare.

Dana admitting he was wrong that is.

bet you thought i was gonna say a movie with an MMA fighter actually going to theaters

Post #13   5/26/10 12:44:16PM   

joshjr

Josh "The Babyface Assassin"

joshjr Avatar

Career:538-351
Camp: MMA Weekly
Chips:
I will be going to see the movie. It really didnt matter that Rampage was in it but it did make me want to see it more.

Post #14   5/26/10 4:14:00PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
I agree with "Dana's idea of a friend confuses me," but Dana runs the show. The only time we see Dana back-peddle is when the situation because something larger than he can control. For instance, I am sure when Rampage started filming this movie Dana did not have any idea how big it was going to get. Now, he's got Vince McMahon calling because he wants Rampage to help host WWE Raw with Brad Cooper and Sharlto Copley. They have a new line of comic books and toys coming out. Dana had to eat crow.

Of course, Dana also said that he and Vince McMahon were good friends and that's why Rampage could co-host Raw. We have already had several threads on the Playground that indicate Vince might have forgotten they were friends.

Post #15   5/26/10 4:32:52PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2