Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC Quick Quote: Wanderlei Silva predicts 'action' against Yoshihiro Akiyama

Print  
Posted By Message

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
“Professor Rafael Cordeiro will coordinate and give directions to the sparrings to do the way it has to be done (trainings). Akiyama is tough, a good guy who has been an athlete throughout his life. He does well on the ground and is very strong. It’s going to be a very interesting fight, a great one for me because he’s a guy who fights and open the game, not a man who runs. I believe it’ll be a big show. I want to fight for more six years, at least until forty’s. This change of category was good. I had to re-educate myself on food matter and I’m feeling very well”.

-- “The Axe Murderer” meets “Sexyama” at UFC 116 in Las Vegas, Nevada, on July 3, which is a middleweight bout that could have major championship-challenging implications for the winner down the road.

Link

Last edited 5/24/10 10:55AM server time by ThaAxeMurderer7
Edit note/reason: moved link down

Post #1   5/23/10 11:03:07PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Nothing but class and truth out of Wanderlei's mouth. I swear this guy continues to epitomize what mixed martial artists are. You know for a fact Wanderlei is going to bring a war just like he always does! Think about it- with 90% of everyone else you'd be saying "Yeah, right....." just from reading the headline. With Wanderlei you KNOW it's true!

Post #2   5/23/10 11:55:19PM   

vomitshovel

MMA Regular

vomitshovel Avatar

Career:136-93
Camp: Xtreme Fight Militia
Chips:
/agree
With most fighters they say "I'm going to bring it to him" or w/e and you know it's trash talk.
Wandy is a true master of the mmarts and is always up for making a hell of a show.
Then again, all the Pride Boys like to put on a show, and are always respectful and modest. Or hella funny in the case of rampage

Post #3   5/24/10 6:15:07AM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:
This guy has ben MMA gold since he first started throwing down. Killer Instiinct.......no one tops Wandy. His style is more than most can handle. I like him at MW in the UFC and hopehe crushes Sexypuka!!!!......ooops my bad not bashing....just HATING!!!!!!!! The name that is!!!

EDIT: OHH YEAH and "THE MAN" said he wants to fight until he is at least 40!!! 6 more Yrs of Wanderlei Silva!!!!!??...........................WAR "The Axe Murderer"

Last edited 5/24/10 10:15PM server time by bustedknuckle
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   5/24/10 10:10:30PM   

Wolfgang666

Learning to Sprawl

Wolfgang666 Avatar

Career:8-7
Chips:
Wanderlei wins this and he is a fight away from challenging for the title. It's likely Dana will keep giving him good but winnable fights(not Anderson or Vitor) until Anderson has left the division. Don't be surprised to see Wandy challenge for the vacant title.

Post #5   5/24/10 11:33:03PM   

spoofies

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-2
Chips:
FOTN potential.

Post #6   5/26/10 3:38:56AM