Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Team "Shaolin" Planning To Appeal SF Loss To Beerbohm

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
After a controversial ending to the Lyle Beerbohm vs. Vitor Ribeiro fight from last Saturday's "Heavy Artillery" card in St. Louis, Nova Uniao leader Andre Pederneiras and Ribeiro manager Alex Davis will appeal the official decision that saw Beerbohm take the split decision. Pederneiras takes exception to the 30-27 scores and is hoping for a "No Contest" in his appeal. They told this to the TATAME website: "Man, it's the first time I see a guy spending all the fight defending himself and getting off there with a loss. There were a lot of critics, because Shaolin attacked all the time and there was a judge that gave 30 to 27 for the other guy...I think they missed his name on the paper, it's not possible. They can't do that, is absurd, it's not right. Even if I have to ask the help of a lawyer, I will change this outcome."

Article

Post #1   5/20/10 11:51:27AM   

Wolfgang666

Learning to Sprawl

Wolfgang666 Avatar

Career:8-7
Chips:
I haven't seen the fight but from what I've read Fancy got a huge gift. It doesn't matter, they won't change the result. Precident was set with the Chase Beebe loss. Commissions don't like to second guess their judges.

Post #2   5/20/10 12:26:26PM   

Gannon

MMA Regular

Gannon Avatar

Career:2,138-1,165
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I just went and watched it. I thought Beerbohm won 29/28. Slow first round, but after that really good fight. I scored the 2nd rnd for Shaolin. The 3rd was very close, but i give the edge to the more active Beerbohm in that one.

Post #3   5/20/10 1:32:27PM   

bojangalz

The Original Playground Bully

bojangalz Avatar

Career:1,553-840
Chips:
The first round is a prime example of what a 10-10 round looks like. The second round was all Shaolin, no question. I scored the third round for Shaolin as well, but Beerbohm came on strong late so I wasn't too surprised that the judges gave him that round.

I think Shaolin won that fight pretty convincingly, but I wasn't shocked at all to see the judges screw it up. The only thing I cannot figure out is how the hell two judges saw it 30-27 for Beerbohm. If the judges can't even get the second round right, how the hell can we expect them to score the close rounds properly.

It's a damn shame that we cannot go a single major MMA fight card without discussing the ridiculous judging that happens.

Post #4   5/20/10 2:22:42PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I haven't seen the fight yet, but I can pretty much guarantee that any effort to get this reversed will be utterly futile and nothing more than a waste of time and potentially money if he actually hires a lawyer.

Just have to suck it up and move on. Like I said I haven't seen it so I can't comment on the decision, but it happens, it sucks, and there's nothing that you can do about it after the fact. If he wants to make a difference he should direct that energy at changing the way the system works, instead of trying to get one fight overturned. Obviously it's his fighter and he wants to help him directly, but it won't work that way.

Post #5   5/20/10 4:30:12PM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:
The commission will never overrule the judges. Nor do i think they should. It would be a major blow to the sport. Maybe on an illegal knee/eyepoke......somthing like that, but not a SD! Apparently Riberio should have done more to finish the fight.

Post #6   5/20/10 9:26:09PM   

vomitshovel

MMA Regular

vomitshovel Avatar

Career:136-93
Camp: Xtreme Fight Militia
Chips:
Judges aren't fighters.
If you dont want a contravercial result, KNOCK HIM OUT or TAKE HIS ARM HOME.
In the words of the modern day buddha without a beer belly....
"Never leave it up to the judges"

Post #7   5/21/10 10:51:50AM