Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Georges vs. Georges Grappling Match On "Off The Record" Tomorrow

Print  
Which Georges You Got?
St. Pierre 22 79%
Laraque 1 4%
Draw 1 4%
Does It Matter? A Georges Wins Anyway! 1 4%
DON KING!! 3 11%
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
MMA vs. Boxing has been a hot topic lately. But MMA vs. Hockey? UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St. Pierre has accepted a challenge from friend and fellow Canadian Georges Laraque for a grappling match at the Tristar Gym in Montreal. TSN will broadcast the showdown on Friday, May 21, 2010, at 6 p.m. ET on "Off the Record." The 33-year old heavyweight hockey player, who last skated for the Montreal Canadiens, appeared with "Rush" on a recent episode of "Off the Record," where he promised to use his weight advantage against GSP and "pick him up and body slam him." St. Pierre doesn't see it that way.

Article

Post #1   5/20/10 10:51:31AM   

Caesarrrr

Standup Guy

Career:77-70
Chips:
One thing I know from being a wrestler, unless the opponent is far larger (which 40-50 pounds isn't that much larger) and has close to the same skill level as you, you can control.

I've use knee tap's and ankle picks on kids that weighed over 100 pounds than me, and I'm nowhere near GSP's caliber of wrestling.

GSP via dominant....grappling?

Post #2   5/20/10 10:56:37AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
While playing in Pittsburgh a few years back Laraque was out at a club that I was at and I was behind him walking down the stairs he was so drunk he slipped fell backwards I tried to catch him and I more or less simply padded his fall. So I feel his balance is piss poor and GSP will smash him.

Post #3   5/20/10 1:11:21PM   

Caesarrrr

Standup Guy

Career:77-70
Chips:

Posted by postman

While playing in Pittsburgh a few years back Laraque was out at a club that I was at and I was behind him walking down the stairs he was so drunk he slipped fell backwards I tried to catch him and I more or less simply padded his fall. So I feel his balance is piss poor and GSP will smash him.

hahahaha I so thought you were about to make a reference to his weight being a factor, this made my day though. Reminds me of the joke "So a man and a monkey walk into a bar, I forgot the rest but you're mother is a whore" (not directed at you, just had the same feel imo)

Post #4   5/20/10 5:56:34PM