Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Shine Fights exec still unsure why card was canceled, vows to return in summer

Print  
Posted By Message

Jshep714

MMA Regular

Jshep714 Avatar

Career:1,351-708
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
While the North Carolina Boxing Authority's decision to cancel Saturday night's Shine Fights event is just hours old, the levity of the situation has already been fully realized by the promotion's CEO, Devin Price.

"It's definitely sunk in," Price told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "This is definitely reality. It's not the reality I was hoping for, but it's definitely reality."

But what Price said he doesn't fully realize yet is why. Why did the commission pull the plug when everyone else involved was prepared to move forward – even without the participation of former boxing champion Ricardo Mayorga?

LINK

Post #1   5/16/10 9:02:25AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
Jordan Breen said this fight wouldn't happen.

Post #2   5/16/10 11:36:49AM   

crushedbacon

In Full Mount

crushedbacon Avatar

Career:868-562
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #3   5/16/10 12:45:36PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,387-1,222
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
"But the MMA side of things, we're going to continue to throw fights" -Price

He needs to use a different word when explaining that he's going to continue to schedule fights.

Post #4   5/16/10 1:37:28PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,387-1,222
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
That's pretty pathetic to not have the fighters' show money to the commission by the deadline, forcing them to cancel the card and then turning around and blaming the commission and saying you'll call them on Monday for answers.

YOU didn't front the money to the commission because you learned Mayorga wouldn't participate and knew that if you didn't front the money, the commission would cancel the card so you wouldn't have to.

The spin the Shine Fights exec is trying to put on this is weak.

Post #5   5/16/10 2:26:36PM   

dmfp

MMA Regular

dmfp Avatar

Career:809-495
Camp: Swe Boxe
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

That's pretty pathetic to not have the fighters' show money to the commission by the deadline, forcing them to cancel the card and then turning around and blaming the commission and saying you'll call them on Monday for answers.

YOU didn't front the money to the commission because you learned Mayorga wouldn't participate and knew that if you didn't front the money, the commission would cancel the card so you wouldn't have to.

The spin the Shine Fights exec is trying to put on this is weak.

totally agree!

Post #6   5/17/10 3:53:41AM