Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

My reason for why Dana White is stupid for saying Daley will never fight in the UFC again

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Falcons84

Learning to Sprawl

Falcons84 Avatar

Career:487-300
Camp: MMAHQ
Chips:
I think dana white is a dumbass for letting Paul daley go. He is a great up and coming fighter and I expected him to be fighting for the belt some day. Now dana white cut him.

The reason why i think dana white is stupid for cutting him is because he currently has Gilbert Yvel on the UFC roster and that guy is 50x crazier than Daley. Here are just a few things Yvel has done:

-Disqualified for biting his opponent

-repeatedly raked his fingers across his opponents face and pushed his thumbs in his opponents eyes

-Refused to let the referee restart the fight so he punched the ref in the head and kicked him while he was down.

Now this guy is in the UFC. What the hell is he doing in the UFC if Paul Daley is now cut and is said to never going to be back ever. I would be fine if UFC cut him but saying he can never come back is ridiculous.

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #1   5/9/10 3:12:33PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
but has yvel done any of those antics inside the octagon?

Post #2   5/9/10 4:27:14PM   

Falcons84

Learning to Sprawl

Falcons84 Avatar

Chips:
why would that matter? Giving someone a contract with all those things he has done bad is just plain stupid. And he isnt even good enough to take the risk that he will do something bad.

I just dont understand a lot of dana whites decisions

Post #3   5/9/10 4:40:57PM   

bojangalz

The Original Playground Bully

bojangalz Avatar

Career:1,559-848
Chips:
The only truly relevant hypocracy that I see in all of this is the fact that Dana hasn't said word one about Nate Diaz' actions inside the strikeforce cage a few weeks back. The man was soccer kicking a downed Mayhem Miller for crying out loud. If Dana really wanted to take a stand I think he should have looked to that incident as well.

Frankly I could give a damn either way. If Dana wants to puff out his chest and say thou shalt not over this, it's his choice. It's not worth wasting time calling him a hypocrate or holding judgement over his decision. The man's a promoter and he'll find a way to spin this to make it seem as though the UFC is simply superior to other promotions in yet another way. Who cares.

Honesly, I'm hoping Daley makes his way into the next Bellator tourney anyway. Plenty of potential "Bellator Moments" to peep on youtube with him on the roster.

Post #4   5/9/10 4:53:09PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:540-380
Chips:
dude, he made the right decision. when you ask somebody that isnt an MMA fan about MMA, more than likely the first thing theyll say is something about the UFC. they are the top ORG and they need to be alot more strict with their fighters than the other orgs. the UFC is is a huge part of MMA's reputation and they cant afford to let things go like that. i would have suspended(not cut) koscheck for some of the crap he pulled that night too. gilbert yvel has kept his nose clean for quite a while and you cant continue to discipline a fighter for things hes done in his past. if he pulls some crap in the octagon he'll be done away with just like daley.

Post #5   5/9/10 5:08:10PM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:
White made the right call. It was a completely classless act by Paul and the punishment fits. Dana is setting a bar here. Anything you(the fighter) do during the PPV must be professional at all times.

Post #6   5/9/10 5:52:42PM   

ChokeUout

In Full Mount

ChokeUout Avatar

Career:446-268
Chips:
Seriously, Last night while watching I told my friends right after it happened that he was gonna get cut for this. I think it's the right call too.

Seriously, it was assault, and he could theoretically be charged for this.

It would look pathetic if Dana allowed this in the octagon (Dana had no control over what yvel did earlier in his career).

Under no circumstances should Dana be considered stupid for dumping daley.

I really don't understand any other argument...

Last edited 5/9/10 6:17PM server time by ChokeUout
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   5/9/10 6:16:22PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:5,061-2,785
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I KINDA KNEW HE WAS OUT THE DOOR AFTER THAT
DALEY IS A DIRTY FIGHTER AND A PUNK
DONT WORRY I KNOW STRIKEFORCE WILL GET HIM
DIAZ VS DALEY!!!!!!!!

Post #8   5/9/10 6:41:17PM   

hate4thestate

In Full Mount

hate4thestate Avatar

Career:2,180-1,368
Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

dude, he made the right decision. when you ask somebody that isnt an MMA fan about MMA, more than likely the first thing theyll say is something about the UFC. they are the top ORG and they need to be alot more strict with their fighters than the other orgs. the UFC is is a huge part of MMA's reputation and they cant afford to let things go like that. i would have suspended(not cut) koscheck for some of the crap he pulled that night too. gilbert yvel has kept his nose clean for quite a while and you cant continue to discipline a fighter for things hes done in his past. if he pulls some crap in the octagon he'll be done away with just like daley.

what?????!!!!!

what in the world did kos do to deserve a suspension? talking in the cage is not illegal, neither is saying a hockey team or another fighter is gonna get beat. granted its not gonna gain any fans but he wasnt doing anything wrong. personally i thought it was funny and i expected as much from kos. but hitting a fighter after the fight and talking **** are two different situations. remember it seemed daley started alot of the so called hype, as he called it, for the fight. imho what daley did is even worse then what happened in strikeforce. but im glad koscheck didnt get baited into anything and acted like a true man by turning the other cheek and laughing lol.

Post #9   5/9/10 8:13:24PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
It probably wasn't the smartest thing to trash the Canadiens in Montreal but who can blame a guy for supporting his team. I know I talked a lot of trash as a Trojans fan when I was in PA for the Rose Bowl against Penn St. Was it smart? No. Could I have gotten my ass kicked? Yes. Was it funny for me when we smashed the hell out of Penn St? God yes.

Post #10   5/9/10 10:38:20PM   

Falcons84

Learning to Sprawl

Falcons84 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by ChokeUout

Seriously, Last night while watching I told my friends right after it happened that he was gonna get cut for this. I think it's the right call too.

It would look pathetic if Dana allowed this in the octagon (Dana had no control over what yvel did earlier in his career).

The only reason Im mad is because Dana is doing very severe consequences to Daley when Yvel is in the UFC. Saying Daley can never fight in the UFC again is stupid when Yvel is in the UFC.

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #11   5/10/10 11:26:22PM   

Wand_is_GOD

MMA Regular

Wand_is_GOD Avatar

Career:97-61
Chips:

Posted by hate4thestate
talking in the cage is not illegal

It is....Kinda ufc rules state that using abusive language in the ring is illegal

Post #12   5/15/10 3:44:27AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by Falcons84

Posted by ChokeUout

The only reason Im mad is because Dana is doing very severe consequences to Daley when Yvel is in the UFC. Saying Daley can never fight in the UFC again is stupid when Yvel is in the UFC.

Daley attacked another fighter after the bell clearly rang. You just don't do this, case closed. Yvel has never attacked a fighter after the bell rang, even if he was pissed. The ref you speak of that he attacked, was also the coach/trainer of the guy Yvel was fighting, so that was a bit personal, not justifiable mind you, but something that can be forgiven. However, Daley's actions represents the worst thing a fighter can do in the ring.

Post #13   5/15/10 10:19:40AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
Nate Diaz should be cut to.

Post #14   5/15/10 11:15:08AM   

MisterFreeze

Standup Guy

MisterFreeze Avatar

Career:317-283
Chips:

Posted by hate4thestate

Posted by tcunningham

what?????!!!!!

what in the world did kos do to deserve a suspension? talking in the cage is not illegal, neither is saying a hockey team or another fighter is gonna get beat. granted its not gonna gain any fans but he wasnt doing anything wrong. personally i thought it was funny and i expected as much from kos. but hitting a fighter after the fight and talking **** are two different situations. remember it seemed daley started alot of the so called hype, as he called it, for the fight. imho what daley did is even worse then what happened in strikeforce. but im glad koscheck didnt get baited into anything and acted like a true man by turning the other cheek and laughing lol.

I think he is referring to Koscheck faking an injury.... Which this is the second fight he has done it in.....
And it is clearly defined as illegal according to the UFC MMA rules guidelines.

Last edited 5/15/10 12:59PM server time by Misterfreeze
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #15   5/15/10 12:58:35PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2