Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Paul Daley and Kimbo Slice Cut from UFC

Print  
  Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

xdanish020

MMA Sensei

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:2,316-1,241
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
if you guys wanna throw up a gif of the daley knee on kos go for it, i'll gladly eat my words about the knee hitting Kos, but I'm pretty certain they showed the replay a bunch of times and it missed him

there's the sucker punch that kos seems ready for

Last edited 5/9/10 9:40AM server time by xdanish020
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #16   5/9/10 9:30:53AM   

roadking95th

In Cael We Trust!

roadking95th Avatar

Career:1,351-714
Chips:

Posted by xdanish020

Posted by jtgribble

Really? The knee missed him? Where did the blood on his forehead come from? It's not there before the knee, but it is there immediately after. In the replay you can clearly see his hair moving from the knee grazing his forehead. I'll agree he was doing a lot of acting, but the rules don't say you have to pummel them in the face and loosen teeth for the knee to be illegal, just make contact.

He was getting hit with punches in the round before he got hit with the "phantom knee"...I mean this knee was even more phantom than the Cowboy/Varner knee, this one wasn't even close. Maybe you should rewatch the fight... hit hair could have been moving from Kos getting his head out of the way as well.

And if the knee really hit him, why were all 3 scores 30-27 with no point deduction taken again....clearly because Miragliotta didn't take a point b/c after he saw the replay 10 times like everyone else, he concluded the knee missed Kos.

Varner was hit by a knee, it struck the side of his eye. It also damaged his retina

Daley's knee made contact too. Kos acted it up, but to say it didn't touch is wrong. Clearly, the bruise and blood, at KOS' hairline and exactly where his hair moved, was from being grazed by the knee. Go ahead and laugh, but we both know it grazed him. Perhaps you should be laughing at KOS for making a big deal of it, but it did land.

Post #17   5/9/10 10:19:51AM   

xdanish020

MMA Sensei

xdanish020 Avatar

Chips:
more proof, mmaweekly's pbp

"As Koscheck is getting up, Daley unloads a knee to the head. The referee stops the action for Koscheck to recover. The replay in the arena appears to show that Daley missed with the knee. The Montreal crowd erupts in boos. The fight is restarted with the crowd now very pro Paul Daley. Nothing eventful happens as the round closes out."

Post #18   5/9/10 10:50:03AM   

RyanC

MMA Sensei

RyanC Avatar

Career:472-317
Camp: Journalistas
Chips:
There is no way that knee connected. I replayed it over and over and it did not connect. We couldn't believe Koscheck even tried to fake it. His reaction alone should have been enough to tell you that it didn't connect. Had he actually just taken a giant knee to the face he would not have reacted the way the that he did.

Post #19   5/9/10 11:03:19AM   

xdanish020

MMA Sensei

xdanish020 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by RyanC

There is no way that knee connected. I replayed it over and over and it did not connect. We couldn't believe Koscheck even tried to fake it. His reaction alone should have been enough to tell you that it didn't connect. Had he actually just taken a giant knee to the face he would not have reacted the way the that he did.

ding ding ding we have a winner, Kos looked directly at the ref after the knee...if the knee really connected he would have put his head down to the mat with the quickness

Post #20   5/9/10 11:04:36AM   

RyanC

MMA Sensei

RyanC Avatar

Chips:

Posted by xdanish020

Posted by RyanC

ding ding ding we have a winner, Kos looked directly at the ref after the knee...if the knee really connected he would have put his head down to the mat with the quickness

Honestly if it connected flush I wouldn't be surprised if the fight would have been over. Kos should have been pretty seriously rocked had Daley connected. He had some big power loaded up behind that knee.

Post #21   5/9/10 11:07:27AM   

Bloodhound

Standup Guy

Bloodhound Avatar

Career:1,054-599
Chips:
i think the Daley cut is justified after the Strikeforce Brawl and UFC 112 Main Event MMA as a sport has been on thin ice as being accepted as a mainstream sport and what Daley did was a thug move, the second he threw that punch i said "He's getting cut" theres just no place for what Daley did in the UFC. I also though it was funny how Koscheck said it was the best punch he threw all night lol

Last edited 5/9/10 11:50AM server time by bloodhound
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #22   5/9/10 11:49:58AM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,162-1,476
Chips:
I have to chime in on 2 things. Number 1...by cutting Daley the UFC is trying to show that they aren't screwing around like Strikeforce obviously is. Daley landed one punch and he is gone. The Cesar Gracie camp gang assaulted Mayhem. What was the verdict there? Not much. Diaz "misses" a fight and strangely so does Mayhem. I am sure Melendez will also "miss" a fight too. What is that though? Not much. The UFC is showing they aren't screwing around. Their response to Daley had to be precise because of what happened a few weeks ago in SF. Number 2...Koscheck did get hit with the knee. It was a grazing knee but it made contact never the less. Koscheck's poofy blond curls hid it somewhat. If you look at his forehead right at the hairline before the knee there is no red spot. Right after the knee there is an obvious red mark where the knee hit him. Koscheck played it up 100% though. I don't think the knee hurt at all...but Kos has been known to be "dramatic" sometimes. But look at the fight...it is as plain as day...no red spot...then red spot. Koscheck was hit by that knee.

Last edited 5/9/10 12:06PM server time by Sir_Karl
Edit note/reason: spelling correction
2 total post edits

Post #23   5/9/10 12:03:53PM   

TheBestEVER

MMA Regular

TheBestEVER Avatar

Career:519-308
Camp: M Town Hard Hitters
Chips:

Posted by xdanish020

bullshit on the Semtex decision, sure he shouldn't have done what he did, but that was a sucker punch at best, nothing serious, he obviously didn't hurt Koscheck...look at what Nate Diaz was doing on the Strikeforce card, kicking Mayhem in the stomach multiple times when he was on the ground...and I'm a Nate Diaz fan, but Dana is just being completely hypocritical here. Daley made a mistake, but to "exile" him from the UFC and never let him fight again because of one mistake is tragic, imo.

Let's also not forget Junie Browning jumping into the octagon and other antics all over TUF and Dana gives the kid multiple fights in the UFC. IMO, Dana is just trying to act like a tough guy here. Not justifying what Daley did, he was wrong but sometimes in the heat of the moment things happen. Plus look how many other fighters have held chokeholds too long or done excessive damage w/ arm or leg locks...they are given suspensions and fines at best.

Bullshit on the Decision? What in the hell are you talking about? A sucker punch at best, nothing serious? Im pretty sure thats called assault and is against the law. If I come up and sucker punch you is that just no big deal? He is embarrassing the UFC and Dana White and without a doubt deserves what he got. Great point refering to the Strikeforce incident. That **** was embarrasing for the sport and especially for Strikeforce, you think Dana White wants that petty bullshit going on in the UFC? Hell no! Thats why Strikeforce is waaaaaaayy down there and the UFC is waaaaaay UP HERE! Junie Browning didnt sucker punch anyone on a live PPV in the cage. Loosing your cool and yelling and jumping over the cage isnt quite as bad as hitting someone when they arent looking. The guy is an idiot and deserves what he got.

Post #24   5/9/10 12:12:45PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,320-1,237
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I agree with dana on daley a sucker punch is a cowardly thing
To do to someone when I saw it I knew he would be cut
Kimbo I was suprised I think he should get another shot

I won't be surprised if both wind up in strikeforce

Post #25   5/9/10 12:42:36PM   

copcopps

Manly Midget

copcopps Avatar

Career:1,398-962
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

KImbo shouldn't have gotten cut. He's a name and overall isn't that much of a thug

Post #26   5/9/10 1:28:51PM   

RyanC

MMA Sensei

RyanC Avatar

Chips:

Posted by copcopps

Posted by prozacnation1978

KImbo shouldn't have gotten cut. He's a name and overall isn't that much of a thug

Kimbo was cut because he is not a UFC caliber fighter. He has little to no chance of ever advancing up the HW ladder, so why keep him around? Who's he going to beat?

He got his shot, he gave it a good try, but it's pretty clear that he was not going to have much of a future against the guys the UFC has to offer.

Post #27   5/9/10 1:35:08PM   

roadking95th

In Cael We Trust!

roadking95th Avatar

Career:1,351-714
Chips:

Posted by xdanish020

more proof, mmaweekly's pbp

"As Koscheck is getting up, Daley unloads a knee to the head. The referee stops the action for Koscheck to recover. The replay in the arena appears to show that Daley missed with the knee. The Montreal crowd erupts in boos. The fight is restarted with the crowd now very pro Paul Daley. Nothing eventful happens as the round closes out."

Less proof via Sherdog's PBP
"Daley stands and grazes Koscheck with an illegal knee. Koscheck falls."

Look, I am not saying it should have been a point deduction. I am not saying it was forceful. I am simply stating it connected AND Kos was acting.

Also, to compare it to Cerrone/Varner is a joke. Varner was hammered by that knee.

Daley's punch wasn't a sucker punch because Kos sensed it at the last second?

Post #28   5/9/10 2:04:56PM   

TimW001

MMA Sensei

TimW001 Avatar

Career:724-436
Chips:
Kimbo got what he deserved.

Post #29   5/9/10 2:39:42PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,446-842
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I understand the Daley cut but i'm a little suprised at the UFC cutting Kimbo without at least one more bout. I was hoping to see him cut weight like he did against Houston and fight Michael Bisping.
That fight would have made some money!

Post #30   5/9/10 2:41:14PM   

Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4