Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Paul Daley and Kimbo Slice Cut from UFC

Print  
  Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,649-899
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
link and video

Looks like, after UFC 113, Paul Daley and Kimbo Slice are done with the UFC.

EDITED: source for Kimbo's cut (Sorry grappler. Little drunk.)

Last edited 5/9/10 1:41AM server time by lohmann
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #1   5/9/10 1:35:21AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,817-1,549
Chips:
Where's the mention of Kimbo or the video? I might just be blind...it is late after all.

Edit: got it now, thanks

Last edited 5/9/10 1:39AM server time by grappler0000
2 total post edits

Post #2   5/9/10 1:38:32AM   

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,649-899
Chips:
Daley's cut strikes me as a little hypocritical, especially coupled with the outrage White expressed.

Post #3   5/9/10 1:43:48AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:

Posted by lohmann

Daley's cut strikes me as a little hypocritical, especially coupled with the outrage White expressed.

Jake didn't really do anything in that brawl. He shoved Jason, which really isn't a big deal in and of itself. What was really disgusting was his entire team throwing punches and kicking mayhem in the head when he was on the ground.

Shields basically just shoved him away and did nothing else.

Post #4   5/9/10 1:50:17AM   

KaibaThedon

T H E D O N

KaibaThedon Avatar

Career:1,739-929
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
lol semtex got what he deserved

WW: Rush, Natural Born Killer, Ares, Hitman, Maia
LW: Jim Miller, Smooth, Khabib Eagle
FW: Aldo, Do Bronx, Answer
BW: Cruz, Mayday, One Punch, Barao

Post #5   5/9/10 2:17:19AM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,279-1,225
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Figured Kimbo was gone. He had a few nice slams but his knees are done.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #6   5/9/10 2:25:06AM   

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Career:233-122
Chips:

Posted by kopower

Figured Kimbo was gone. He had a few nice slams but his knees are done.

Yeah, looked like he was crying when those kicks came.

Post #7   5/9/10 2:39:31AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:

Posted by xdanish020

bullshit on the Semtex decision, sure he shouldn't have done what he did, but that was a sucker punch at best, nothing serious, he obviously didn't hurt Koscheck...look at what Nate Diaz was doing on the Strikeforce card, kicking Mayhem in the stomach multiple times when he was on the ground...and I'm a Nate Diaz fan, but Dana is just being completely hypocritical here. Daley made a mistake, but to "exile" him from the UFC and never let him fight again because of one mistake is tragic, imo.

Let's also not forget Junie Browning jumping into the octagon and other antics all over TUF and Dana gives the kid multiple fights in the UFC. IMO, Dana is just trying to act like a tough guy here. Not justifying what Daley did, he was wrong but sometimes in the heat of the moment things happen. Plus look how many other fighters have held chokeholds too long or done excessive damage w/ arm or leg locks...they are given suspensions and fines at best.

ehhh if you think sucker punching someone is not serious, especially as a professional fighter, you're mistaken. Assault is a pretty serious crime, and once the fight is over, that's what it is - assault.

Post #8   5/9/10 2:59:55AM   

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Career:233-122
Chips:

Posted by Aether

Posted by xdanish020

bullshit on the Semtex decision, sure he shouldn't have done what he did, but that was a sucker punch at best, nothing serious, he obviously didn't hurt Koscheck...look at what Nate Diaz was doing on the Strikeforce card, kicking Mayhem in the stomach multiple times when he was on the ground...and I'm a Nate Diaz fan, but Dana is just being completely hypocritical here. Daley made a mistake, but to "exile" him from the UFC and never let him fight again because of one mistake is tragic, imo.

Let's also not forget Junie Browning jumping into the octagon and other antics all over TUF and Dana gives the kid multiple fights in the UFC. IMO, Dana is just trying to act like a tough guy here. Not justifying what Daley did, he was wrong but sometimes in the heat of the moment things happen. Plus look how many other fighters have held chokeholds too long or done excessive damage w/ arm or leg locks...they are given suspensions and fines at best.

ehhh if you think sucker punching someone is not serious, especially as a professional fighter, you're mistaken. Assault is a pretty serious crime, and once the fight is over, that's what it is - assault.

It's political. Dana looks good and intolerant of brawling, and all he's doing is releasing a fighter that won't be a top guy at WW anyway. Just like what they did to Sobral.

Strikeforce had a brawl and all the fighters are penalized, one of mine stepped out of line and now they're cut for misconduct <--- thats what he's doing

Last edited 5/9/10 3:16AM server time by seanfu

Post #9   5/9/10 3:15:14AM   

Mr_Dead_Sexy

MMA Regular

Mr_Dead_Sexy Avatar

Career:2,546-1,439
Camp: THE NATION OF DOMINATION
Chips:

Posted by xdanish020

No, these things don't happen. You're a professional. Co-main eventing in a foreign country. Remember, MMA was on a thin line with Canadian athletic commissions with the whole James Thompson debacle a while back. Smack talk is part of the game. If Daley can't handle that Josh is imposing his will, and rubbing it in his face, he's in the wrong game. Daley talked ****, and acted completely classless before/after his fight with McLovin, but I didn't see Jorge Gurgel come over and blindside him. And you are crazy if you didn't thin it hurt him. He was wincing plenty and dropped down. It's not like he has to be completely KO'ed or spaghetti legged to be hurt.

As for the Junie thing, there has always been a wink wink nudge nudge to act outlandish on the show. The second he started acting like a clown outside the TUF house, he was gone. I'm not Dana's biggest fan at all, but his release is justified.

Post #10   5/9/10 4:28:41AM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,394-765
Chips:
I agree with cutting Daley but I also think the same thing should happen to Nate Diaz as well for his part in the hole Strikeforce issue. Shields really didn't do anything in that Gang jumping but both Diaz brothers very much where involved and I would say made it escalate to the level it did. I think if you removed both Diaz brothers the hole thing would have never turned in to a gang beating.

I'm a person that understand emotions run high but this is your job and you are a professional. If I lost my temp when I was a cop I would have lost my job and had it ending up on the local news. I think letting athletes get away with these kinds of actions just shows how much we as fans and teams are willing to just toss our rules aside. If any of these things happened outside of a sporting event or at a job they would be fired and going to jail. Its all just excuses because truly emotions can run just as high in the real world as well.

Post #11   5/9/10 5:53:27AM   

babalu46

In Full Mount

babalu46 Avatar

Career:1,039-641
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Once that final bell rings your not in a fight so this is assault simple as that, it doesn't matter if it hurt Koscheck it was a sucker punch AFTER the fight and the cut is justified imo.

Post #12   5/9/10 8:12:42AM   

xdanish020

MMA Sensei

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:2,460-1,335
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Mr_Dead_Sexy

And you are crazy if you didn't thin it hurt him. He was wincing plenty and dropped down. It's not like he has to be completely KO'ed or spaghetti legged to be hurt.

As for the Junie thing, there has always been a wink wink nudge nudge to act outlandish on the show. The second he started acting like a clown outside the TUF house, he was gone. I'm not Dana's biggest fan at all, but his release is justified.

I'm crazy if I didn't think the knee hurt him? They showed the replay about 1000 times and it completely missed him, Kos is a great actor, he's done **** like this before. Maybe you should invest in a set of glasses, b/c that replay was showed 100's of times and not from any angle did that knee connect with Kos's head and immediately after Daley throws the knee, Kos looks at hte ref, and doesn't look hurt in the least bit. Then after he see's the ref is gonna help him, he goes down wincing in pain.

I'm not saying the Daley sucker punch was right but there have be FAR worse things that Dana has let slide, IMO.

Last edited 5/9/10 9:11AM server time by xdanish020

Post #13   5/9/10 9:10:30AM   

jtgribble

Learning to Sprawl

Career:684-463
Camp: MAYHEM MONKEYS!!!!!!
Chips:
Really? The knee missed him? Where did the blood on his forehead come from? It's not there before the knee, but it is there immediately after. In the replay you can clearly see his hair moving from the knee grazing his forehead. I'll agree he was doing a lot of acting, but the rules don't say you have to pummel them in the face and loosen teeth for the knee to be illegal, just make contact.

Post #14   5/9/10 9:19:09AM   

xdanish020

MMA Sensei

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:2,460-1,335
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by jtgribble

Really? The knee missed him? Where did the blood on his forehead come from? It's not there before the knee, but it is there immediately after. In the replay you can clearly see his hair moving from the knee grazing his forehead. I'll agree he was doing a lot of acting, but the rules don't say you have to pummel them in the face and loosen teeth for the knee to be illegal, just make contact.

He was getting hit with punches in the round before he got hit with the "phantom knee"...I mean this knee was even more phantom than the Cowboy/Varner knee, this one wasn't even close. Maybe you should rewatch the fight... hit hair could have been moving from Kos getting his head out of the way as well.

And if the knee really hit him, why were all 3 scores 30-27 with no point deduction taken again....clearly because Miragliotta didn't take a point b/c after he saw the replay 10 times like everyone else, he concluded the knee missed Kos.

Last edited 5/9/10 9:53AM server time by xdanish020

Post #15   5/9/10 9:23:03AM   

Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4