Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Cung Le vs. Scott Smith II nearly set for June 26 Strikeforce and M-1 Global event

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,396-1,260
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
The ink is almost dry on a rematch between former Strikeforce middleweight champion Cung Le (6-1 MMA, 6-1 SF) and Scott Smith (17-6 MMA, 3-1 SF) for a card slated for June 26 on Showtime.

Sources close to the event told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that both fighters have agreed to the contest, which could take co-main event status, and await bout agreements. MMAjunkie.com initially reported the possibility of the bout in April.

The June 26 event, titled "Strikeforce and M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Werdum," is slated for the HP Pavilion in Strikeforce's home city of San Jose, Calif. As the title suggests, a long-anticipated showdown between top-ranked heavyweight Fedor Emelianenko and Brazilian challenger Fabricio Werdum headlines.

LINK

Post #1   5/7/10 11:51:10AM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
Im not looking foward to this one, I would rather see Cung Le matched with another MW.
Cung Le
VS.
Benji Raddach,

Jason Miller,

Robbie Lawler,

Jacare,

Lindland

Enough with the uneeded rematches imo.

Post #2   5/7/10 2:10:46PM   

BMF

MMA Regular

Career:1,955-1,389
Chips:
Or Scott Smith for that matter since he handed it to Hollywood, I mean Cung Le.

Post #3   5/7/10 5:10:51PM   

hate4thestate

In Full Mount

hate4thestate Avatar

Career:1,587-984
Camp: FLBTV All-Stars
Chips:

Posted by icantthinkofanything

Im not looking foward to this one, I would rather see Cung Le matched with another MW.
Cung Le
VS.
Benji Raddach,

Jason Miller,

Robbie Lawler,

Jacare,

Lindland

alot of these fights are losses for cung le. miller gets it to the ground and done. lindland might lay on him for 3 rounds. jacare destroys him on the ground. radach tho might be a great fight. smith is almost like kobe. hes a buzzer beater. he waits till the last second and goes full blast and is somewhat succesfull at it. its a hard pick tho. cung le might be more defensive now cause he gets smith's style. but smith is always dangerous.

Post #4   5/8/10 6:11:37AM   

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Career:233-122
Chips:

Posted by hate4thestate

Cung Le
VS.
Benji Raddach,

Jason Miller,

Robbie Lawler,

Jacare,

Lindland

alot of these fights are losses for cung le. miller gets it to the ground and done. lindland might lay on him for 3 rounds. jacare destroys him on the ground. radach tho might be a great fight.

Are you kidding? Le is a top notch wrestler and a top notch striker. You sir fail

Post #5   5/8/10 3:11:03PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,572-930
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Cung Le
VS.
Benji Raddach,

Jason Miller,

Robbie Lawler,

Jacare,

Lindland

I'm personally loving this rematch. The first one was epic!

Post #6   5/8/10 3:47:00PM   

hate4thestate

In Full Mount

hate4thestate Avatar

Career:1,587-984
Camp: FLBTV All-Stars
Chips:

Posted by seanfu

Posted by hate4thestate

Cung Le
VS.
Benji Raddach,

Jason Miller,

Robbie Lawler,

Jacare,

Lindland

alot of these fights are losses for cung le. miller gets it to the ground and done. lindland might lay on him for 3 rounds. jacare destroys him on the ground. radach tho might be a great fight.

Are you kidding? Le is a top notch wrestler and a top notch striker. You sir fail

alright i did some research and i stand corrected but in my defense... everytime i watch him fight it seems like he is absolutely scared to get taken down. i still stand by some of my original statements tho. jacare murders him on the ground period. i think miller can take him out on the ground. and maybe linland doesnt but still. the majority of what i said was true so you sir fail. lol

Post #7   5/8/10 7:19:45PM   

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,724-936
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by hate4thestate

alright i did some research and i stand corrected but in my defense... everytime i watch him fight it seems like he is absolutely scared to get taken down. i still stand by some of my original statements tho. jacare murders him on the ground period. i think miller can take him out on the ground. and maybe linland doesnt but still. the majority of what i said was true so you sir fail. lol

Yeah, Jacare beats him (because he gets him down). I agree with you there. Cung Le's takedown defense gets a lot of buzz though (maybe undeservedly?), so I don't know if the other two have the chops to get him there. (It literally takes four seconds to knock Lindland out anymore.)

I'm interested in this fight. Le was putting a clinic on Smith before he slowed down. Speed cannot be his only defense against a guy with one-shot power like Scott Smith.

Last edited 5/8/10 7:44PM server time by lohmann
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #8   5/8/10 7:41:22PM   

whardin19

MMA Sensei

whardin19 Avatar

Career:1,004-606
Camp: B-Robs Terror
Chips:
I see this fight going the same as the last one except for the ending. Le will finish it this time.

Post #9   5/8/10 9:41:22PM