Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

SF Moves Cristiane Santos To 6/26 Event

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Strikeforce Women's Middleweight Champion Cristiane Santos has been pulled off the 6/16 SF event and moved to the 6/26 event in San Jose. Opponent TBA but they appear to be looking for an international foe and the fight will be for the title. Scott Coker says if they're able to do this, they'll have both the top male fighter (Fedor) and the top female fighter on the same card.

Article

Post #1   5/6/10 10:53:21AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
I'm not sold on a women's champion when you have to "find her competition." The excitement of that belt fizzled after Cyborg destroyed Carano. I think a division and its competitors need to be set before you introduce a belt. Carano vs. Cyborg would have still been just as exciting (before hand) without the introduction of a belt.

We're still working on the details, but it will be somebody tough," Coker said. "We're looking at a couple of girls from Europe. We're going to put somebody in there who will once again test her.

I'm also curious, who tested her the first time?

Last edited 5/6/10 11:47PM server time by blueskiesburn
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   5/6/10 11:46:42PM