Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Sorry Brock, Rankings Are A Big Pile Of BS

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
That's the World's Strongest Opinion on them coming from the World's Strongest Man-Mariusz Pudzianowski. "This whole MMA ranking stuff is a big pile of B.S. Everybody is in such love with Brock Lesnar, who came from nothing, zero MMA experience, and now he's considered one of the best? He fought only five times and is now considered Mr. Untouchable? Why not me then? Nobody knows how hard I'm preparing myself. I'm training with the best Polish wrestlers; these are top guys. It's easy to do when you're not fighting for money - I'm already a very wealthy guy with a secured future - but for the love and new challenge, and always for my fans, here in Poland and abroad. I would never, repeat never, start fighting in MMA if I didn't believe I could be the best. First Kawaguchi, then Sylvia - sorry guys, you are in my way." Kawaguchi is current DEEP Megaton (Heavyweight/Super Heavyweight) Champion Yusuke Kawaguchi, who Pudz is preparing to face before Sylvia.

Article

Post #1   5/3/10 6:57:25AM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
There is not a lot of fighters, so its easy to rise up in a young sport, especially if your a wrestler like Brock imo.

Post #2   5/3/10 7:55:42AM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,252-1,525
Chips:
I am not a fan of Lesnar...but in his defense I will say that he has beaten Herring, Couture and Mir. 2 of them are former UFC champs and Herring has always been one of the top 10 HWs in the world. Sure he only has 5 fights...but look who he has beat! Brock is the UFC HW champ and he has beaten some of the best. I think the rankings in MMA are BS...but not for the same reason as this mouthy clown does. I rank Lesnar number 2 right behind Fedor...as most people do. I have been a fan of the sport since Nov 1993. Who the hell does this guy think he is? He obviously has a right to an opinion...even though it is a ridiculous opinion. You gotta love these people (fans and fighters) who are new to the sport and run their mouths like they know something about it.

Post #3   5/3/10 8:57:11AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,550-903
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

I am not a fan of Lesnar...but in his defense I will say that he has beaten Herring, Couture and Mir. 2 of them are former UFC champs and Herring has always been one of the top 10 HWs in the world. Sure he only has 5 fights...but look who he has beat! Brock is the UFC HW champ and he has beaten some of the best. I think the rankings in MMA are BS...but not for the same reason as this mouthy clown does. I rank Lesnar number 2 right behind Fedor...as most people do. I have been a fan of the sport since Nov 1993. Who the hell does this guy think he is? He obviously has a right to an opinion...even though it is a ridiculous opinion. You gotta love these people (fans and fighters) who are new to the sport and run their mouths like they know something about it.

I always say.... the thing about opinions is--everybody has one but only a few are worth a damn.

I'd rather not hear this guys opinion.

Brock took the strap from the guy who took it from the guy before him. Then he defended it from Mir (the Interim Champ and his most dangerous challenger at the time). He's definitely the Champ and he's definitely one of the best.

Post #4   5/3/10 9:16:11AM   

GSPwnzore

Learning to Sprawl

Career:131-73
Camp: Flying Kimboplata
Chips:
Just gonna put this out there, even though Brock is strong, he would feel weak compared to mariusz. He is probably the strongest guy on the planet...

Post #5   5/3/10 10:22:40AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,817-1,549
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by GSPwnzore

Just gonna put this out there, even though Brock is strong, he would feel weak compared to mariusz. He is probably the strongest guy on the planet...

There are different kinds of strengths. He could no doubt lift more cars than Brock, but he is lacking in the grappling strength that Brock possesses. So, relative to fighting, his strength doesn't really mean nearly as much.

Post #6   5/3/10 10:50:06AM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
Pudzianowski is running his mouth a hell of a lot recently. I watched his first fight a few weeks ago and the dude has no technique at all.
If he fought Brock he'd run into one of his cannon punches and wake up wishing he was back lifting cars and barrels.

He's got the whole "I'm huge so I could take on the world" thing going. I'v seen freakishly strong men try to box and it never works out well. They come in with all the confidence in the world and leave humbled and embarrassed.
Pudzianowski needs to realize Brock is a world class wrestler and has decent boxing to go with his strength, speed and power.
All Pudzianowski's got is power and a attitude that will get him KO'd the second he steps up in competition.

Last edited 5/3/10 12:02PM server time by SmileR
Edit note/reason: n/a

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #7   5/3/10 12:01:55PM   

Caesarrrr

Standup Guy

Career:77-70
Chips:
It's nice that Pudz says this, because that's what people will say about him if he get's into the ufc after Sylvia. They're in the same situation. You think Brock needs money? doubt it.

Pudz can say that Brock's overrated all he wants, it won't mean a thing until Pudz beats Brock. Certainly not before he beats someone that's Top 10. Neither Sylvia nor his other opponent(forgot the name, apologies) are top 10, or even close.

Post #8   5/3/10 12:36:17PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
While I don't agree with him running his mouth, I am interested to see what Pudz can do with his massive size and power.

Post #9   5/3/10 4:35:09PM   

EliasG

In Full Mount

EliasG Avatar

Career:222-176
Chips:
He's really really strong and he's pretty explosive. I would say the best way to fight h im is to get in to round 2.

Post #10   5/3/10 6:15:16PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:
I would venture to guess that Pudzianowski has to have some amazing conditioning. Who really knows if getting him to round 2 will give anyone a significant advantage over him. Those WSM competitions are no joke. He's a phenomenal athlete. I think it may be just a little late in the game for him to be picking up MMA, though. Hey, I'd watch him fight if they threw it on a card. If nothing else to see what would happen when his fist meets a face.

Post #11   5/3/10 6:36:02PM   

Caesarrrr

Standup Guy

Career:77-70
Chips:
I've watched his first fight, it reminded me of the old school heavyweight mma fighters, where they threw wild punches and just swung for the fences. No technique whatsoever.

Post #12   5/3/10 7:48:28PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:
Yeah, there wasn't a lot of technique against Najman but he had a lot of power behind those leg-kicks. I don't know how long it would take him to refine some technique but good lord.

Post #13   5/3/10 8:16:11PM   

runningman08

Standup Guy

runningman08 Avatar

Career:448-283
Chips:
There is Strength and then there is Wrestling strength. I have no doubt that Brock could throw him around the cage. Along with Brock's wrestling comes agility.

Post #14   5/3/10 9:18:31PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:
Oh, I don't think Marius is even close to being ready for anything like UFC competition. He shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Lesnar right now. I was talking about smaller promotions for Marius.

Post #15   5/3/10 9:26:05PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3