Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Thiago Alves vs. Jon Fitch Moved to UFC 117 in Oakland

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

runningman08

Standup Guy

runningman08 Avatar

Career:448-283
Chips:
As badly as Thiago "Pitbull" Alves wants to get back in the cage and fight again, he'll have to wait just a little while longer before returning. Originally scheduled to face Jon Fitch at UFC 115 in Vancouver, the fight has been pushed back to August 7 in Oakland as a part of UFC 117 instead...

Full Article -Here-

Post #1   4/30/10 2:43:06PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
I hope that Alves makes a complete and full recovery and puts on a hell of a show. WAR ALVES

Post #2   4/30/10 2:57:48PM   

bojangalz

The Original Playground Bully

bojangalz Avatar

Career:1,554-840
Chips:
I thought they might be pushing a bit hard for this fight. I'm glad to see it bumped back a bit to give Alves time to make sure he's completely ready. I'm not too sure that the postponement will really change the outcome of the fight though...

I've got a bad feeling that the very long layoff between fights is going to have an ill-effect on Alves coming back against a grinder like Fitch.

Post #3   4/30/10 3:07:27PM   

TheGodfather1024

MMA Regular

TheGodfather1024 Avatar

Career:199-119
Chips:
this sucks....115 is such a week card

Post #4   4/30/10 3:08:48PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,310-1,223
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by TheGodfather1024

this sucks....115 is such a week card

Thiago/Kampmann
Condit/MacDonald
Griffin/Dunham

Those 3 fights alone are worthy of my PPV money. The rest is just an added bonus, in my opinion.

Post #5   4/30/10 3:11:28PM   

hate4thestate

In Full Mount

hate4thestate Avatar

Career:1,395-879
Camp: FLBTV All-Stars
Chips:
im not going to lie im stoked. i was kinda hoping that this fight would get pushed back because i feared they would not show the mcdonald/condit fight. i dont wish anything negative upon any fighter and hope alves is great but man am i stoked for this fight.

Post #6   4/30/10 3:19:16PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Thiago/Kampmann
Condit/MacDonald
Griffin/Dunham

Those 3 fights alone are worthy of my PPV money. The rest is just an added bonus, in my opinion.

I agree, I wasn't sold on this card at first but after re-evaluating the confirmed bouts I can't see any problems with this card what-so-ever. I'll admit, I would rather see Ortiz vs. Liddell but I love Ace and think it will be more entertaining than it's being bill as. If you add in the fact that Rothwell and Yvel are gonna bang it out, I'm excited to see that slug-fest as well.

Post #7   4/30/10 3:34:37PM   

KaibaThedon

T H E D O N

KaibaThedon Avatar

Career:1,739-929
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
agree about the UFC115 card (im pumped, its great and i love it), but I paid a large sum of money to go and I really wanted to see Fitch/Alves too

WW: Rush, Natural Born Killer, Ares, Hitman, Maia
LW: Jim Miller, Smooth, Khabib Eagle
FW: Aldo, Do Bronx, Answer
BW: Cruz, Mayday, One Punch, Barao

Post #8   4/30/10 4:14:45PM   

CanadianCripplr

MMA Regular

CanadianCripplr Avatar

Career:1,448-818
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by KaibaThedon

agree about the UFC115 card (im pumped, its great and i love it), but I paid a large sum of money to go and I really wanted to see Fitch/Alves too

Same here, paid good money for tix and feel its a little thin compared to the next event .Cant wait just the same. Dissapointing this fight was moved. Maybe we will get another added...

Last edited 4/30/10 5:09PM server time by canadiancripplr
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #9   4/30/10 5:08:10PM   

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Career:233-122
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by emfleek

Thiago/Kampmann
Condit/MacDonald
Griffin/Dunham

I agree, I wasn't sold on this card at first but after re-evaluating the confirmed bouts I can't see any problems with this card what-so-ever. I'll admit, I would rather see Ortiz vs. Liddell but I love Ace and think it will be more entertaining than it's being bill as. If you add in the fact that Rothwell and Yvel are gonna bang it out, I'm excited to see that slug-fest as well.

And this is why you are supposrting mediocre cards. I wouldn't care much except it's slowly starting to look like boxing dollars in an MMA format.

Couture Nog, Couture Vera, Couture Coleman, Ortiz Griffin, Liddell Franklin, Franklin Silva- These aren't headlineworthy fights, these are not even #1 contender battles really, yet most at least are PPV headliners for over 50$

I do not support expensive cards where there's no #1 contender fight even. Granted action is good, but anyone can throwdown regardless of talent.

Post #10   4/30/10 5:39:28PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:
Every card cannot support a #1 contender or a title fight on it. Interesting match-ups make for great cards. There's a good number of fights on this card that will be great fights regardless of their implications.

Post #11   4/30/10 5:46:33PM   

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Career:233-122
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Every card cannot support a #1 contender or a title fight on it. Interesting match-ups make for great cards. There's a good number of fights on this card that will be great fights regardless of their implications.

Maybe there are too many cards? If someone get injured I completely understand an underwhelming main event, but when they're actually planned?

The UFC is just putting on as many cards in as many areas as they can without even scheduling fights. Then we end up with a significant number of cards that are a scramble.

We get occasional leftovers. I wouldn't care if people had sense enough to not buy **** cards (at least by todays UFC standards) so the UFC would get the message.

Admittingly some of the best cards I've seen are with shitty main events because the matchmaking tries to compensate. But if I want to watch primarily for excitement I can watch the fights after they get on MMA-CORE.

I don't understand people. It's like they want to prove that MMA can make more money than boxing with the same amount of effort.

Post #12   4/30/10 5:59:36PM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:
It think this is a good move, escpecially for Thiago. I cant wait for this fight. I hope that we get to see Alves hand raiseed after a big KO, but .....we'll see. AS for !!% It think its a good card. I am pumped for the Dunham/Griffen fight. That will be a barnburner for sure. The iceman is always entertaining in victory or defeat. And I am curious to see the Yvel/Rothwell fight. Probably wont make the televised part of the PPV though!!??

Post #13   4/30/10 6:04:24PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:
I do agree that they put on too many PPV cards. It's getting up there with WWE to be honest. I don't normally buy every card. I'm just talking about this one in particular.

Post #14   4/30/10 6:22:40PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,478-1,317
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
vancouver went from a fitch vs alves co main event to a cro cop vs barry co main event
huge blow to the card,
hopefully they will fight in oakland but i doubt it
fight was just never meant to be

maybe now the ufc will have david loiseau fight on the card

Post #15   4/30/10 7:13:15PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2