Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Andrei Arlovski Knows He Can't Afford Another Loss At SF On 5/15

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
On yesterday's Strikeforce: "Heavy Artillery" media call, former UFC heavyweight champion and current Strikeforce heavyweight contender Andrei Arlovski shared his thoughts on his upcoming contest with Antonio "Big Foot" Silva on May 15. "Pitbull," who is best known for his high-level stand up game, especially compared to other fighters in the heavyweight division, has seen himself fall victim to some vicious knockouts in back-to-back fights. Of course they came against stiff competition to say the least in Fedor Emelianenko and Brett Rogers, but Arlovski knows a third straight defeat would all but end his time as a competitive top-tier heavyweight.

Article

Post #1   4/30/10 10:59:30AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
I don't know his name and fangs should still get him 3 more good pay days

Post #2   4/30/10 11:11:08AM   

Giant_Ochai

BANNED

Career:433-278
Chips:
I guess someone was kind enough to tell him that pro boxing would be a disaster.

Post #3   4/30/10 12:06:26PM   

runningman08

Standup Guy

runningman08 Avatar

Career:448-283
Chips:
This will be a tough fight for Arlovski. I see it going to decision; hopefully it will go his way.

Post #4   4/30/10 12:20:31PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
If history has taught us anything its that when Andrei loses twice the person he fights after his losses had best get measured for a suit and nice coffin!
I can see it being competitice in the first round but leg kicks, superior power, technique and determination will clinch this for Arlovski.
I'd say KO late round 2 or early third. The only reason I say the third is because Giant Siva has a solid chin.

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #5   4/30/10 1:01:17PM   

Giant_Ochai

BANNED

Career:433-278
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

If history has taught us anything its that when Andrei loses twice the person he fights after his losses had best get measured for a suit and nice coffin!
I can see it being competitice in the first round but leg kicks, superior power, technique and determination will clinch this for Arlovski.
I'd say KO late round 2 or early third. The only reason I say the third is because Giant Siva has a solid chin.

Silva's chin was demolished by Eric Pele's punch. This fight is a battle of two chinless fighters who are otherwise quite talented.

Post #6   4/30/10 1:46:26PM   

jahdoug

MMA Regular

jahdoug Avatar

Career:376-251
Chips:

Posted by Giant_Ochai

Posted by SmileR

Silva's chin was demolished by Eric Pele's punch. This fight is a battle of two chinless fighters who are otherwise quite talented.

I think the jury is still out on Pezao's Chin. True about Pele, but i'd like to go back and watch him vs. Verdum. Im not saying Verdum is Mike Tyson by any stretch of the imagination, but i thought i remembered some clean combinations tagging Silva that he didnt even blink at. None the less, both men are totally capable of KO'ing the other. It will be bitter sweet because i want both guys to succeed

Post #7   4/30/10 2:10:50PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,690-1,487
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by jahdoug

Posted by Giant_Ochai

Posted by SmileR

I think the jury is still out on Pezao's Chin. True about Pele, but i'd like to go back and watch him vs. Verdum. Im not saying Verdum is Mike Tyson by any stretch of the imagination, but i thought i remembered some clean combinations tagging Silva that he didnt even blink at. None the less, both men are totally capable of KO'ing the other. It will be bitter sweet because i want both guys to succeed

Double KO it is

Post #8   4/30/10 2:24:48PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Double KO it is

Now if we could only get Shonie Carter to ref the fight. Okay, seriously, I like both of these fighters but am leaning towards Bigfoot. It saddens me because I love Arlovski but he's really a shell of the fighter I fell in love with. I just don't want to see him fade into obscurity with several devastating knockouts. I don't ever think he will return to contender status but I definitely don't want him being remembered for getting destroyed at the end of his career.

Post #9   4/30/10 2:50:35PM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,370-793
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Silva got tko'd by a 350 pound fighter, it was a big shot that caught him blind, and Silva was fine and the stoppage was premature, he looked fine and not in any serious danger. Arlovski is going to have a tough time finding a way to win by knockout, He only wins if Silva gasses in one round.

Post #10   4/30/10 3:23:05PM