Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Fedor no longer top ten?!?!?!

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Fish_Hook

Learning to Sprawl

Career:52-34
Chips:
Here are a list of fighters i believe would beat Fedor if they were to fight tommorow.....

Brock - easy win for lesnar. WAY to big. Would look like what he did to Mir
Carwin - See above.
JDS - i think he'd win fairly easily. Way to fast for Fedor.
Mir-Better in every area, should be a good fight tho.
Gonzaga - Fedor would have a punchers chance, but thats about it.
Machida- Probally pretty easy.
Shogun - KO.
Bones Jones - Fedor wouldnt be the one tossing people on their head in this fight
Anderson Silva- He fights to the level of his competion, therefore he may kill Fedor.

There are a LOT more that COULD beat him. I believe all the people I named would beat him rather easily...embarassing even. I would bet on any of those fighters against Fedor even if they were -200. (thats a 2:1 favorite for non gamblers)

I would also bet on; Rampage, Rashad, AA rematch, Rogers rematch, as well as quite a few more if they were slight underdogs.

I do believe he'll smash Werdum. I think he'd smash Overeem.

I'm not trying to bash him, i just dont buy into all this "lives off the land, trains with grizzly bears, and drinks a pint of vodka for breakfast" mystique.

Please add people if I forgot any. Would u bet on any of them?

Discuss

Post #1   4/29/10 1:32:18PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,245-1,185
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Wait...is today 4/20?

Post #2   4/29/10 1:54:37PM   

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,611-877
Chips:

Posted by Fish_Hook

Here are a list of fighters i believe would beat Fedor if they were to fight tommorow.....

Brock - easy win for lesnar. WAY to big. Would look like what he did to Mir
Carwin - See above.
JDS - i think he'd win fairly easily. Way to fast for Fedor.
Mir-Better in every area, should be a good fight tho.
Gonzaga - Fedor would have a punchers chance, but thats about it.
Machida- Probally pretty easy.
Shogun - KO.
Bones Jones - Fedor wouldnt be the one tossing people on their head in this fight
Anderson Silva- He fights to the level of his competion, therefore he may kill Fedor.

There are a LOT more that COULD beat him. I believe all the people I named would beat him rather easily...embarassing even. I would bet on any of those fighters against Fedor even if they were -200. (thats a 2:1 favorite for non gamblers)

I would also bet on; Rampage, Rashad, AA rematch, Rogers rematch, as well as quite a few more if they were slight underdogs.

I do believe he'll smash Werdum. I think he'd smash Overeem.

I'm not trying to bash him, i just dont buy into all this "lives off the land, trains with grizzly bears, and drinks a pint of vodka for breakfast" mystique.

Please add people if I forgot any. Would u bet on any of them?

Discuss

I would like to point out that Fedor's speed at heavyweight is a leading reason he is so dominant. He's unmatched in that department, and once it noticeably declines, his streak's end will be near. It will have to decline a lot before he's easy to catch though. (Fedor literally gets hit the least of any top fighter in the world - less than Anderson Silva, Georges St. Pierre, Lyoto Machida, etc.)

As for the rest: no, I don't think anybody at heavyweight right now defeats Fedor Emelianenko. Two years from now, I think Fedor may be old enough and a few prospects will be developed enough to take him out though.

Post #3   4/29/10 2:07:01PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,668-1,480
Chips:
How does one even respond to this?

Post #4   4/29/10 4:31:07PM   

vistol

Learning to Sprawl

Career:850-628
Camp: Team BloodLoss
Chips:
brock maybe but only because of the massive size difference. the others i dont see being good enough on there feet or savy enough on the ground to deal with fedor. there is no "hype" when it comes to fedor. i have been watching him fight since the late 90s and everytime i have every thought "this opponent is going to be tough for him"(randleman,crocop,nog,pitbull,silvia) the fight hasnt even been close. not to say that the men you named arent great fighters, and not to say that fedor CANT be beat. its going to take someone that is as smart as the are good to beat fedor

Post #5   4/29/10 4:49:19PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
Before people spout of that Lesnar would win because of his size I would like to point out this....

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1
Photo Attachment 2

Post #6   4/29/10 4:58:56PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,830-1,011
Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

With a and a good day.

Post #7   4/29/10 5:02:10PM   

AchillesHeel

Heavyweight Champ

AchillesHeel Avatar

Career:845-448
Chips:
/facepalm

Post #8   4/29/10 5:22:25PM   

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Career:233-122
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Before people spout of that Lesnar would win because of his size I would like to point out this....

Except Lesnar is actually talented too.

Post #9   4/29/10 6:23:14PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
320lbs is 320lbs. Not to mention Lesnar isn't the worlds best at defending submissions. But yes, he is more talented than HMC

Post #10   4/29/10 6:31:44PM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,358-789
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
There's a lot of people that can beat Fedor, going out and actually doing it is another story. Brock is not that talented, and never has a game plan, so I don't think he would do it . People forget how effective Fedor's sambo is, you don't get a record like that by being lucky.

Post #11   4/29/10 6:57:15PM   

marcoDGK

Standup Guy

marcoDGK Avatar

Career:317-259
Camp: DGK
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I think we should also point out his record while we are out it.

Post #12   4/29/10 7:51:20PM   

hate4thestate

In Full Mount

hate4thestate Avatar

Career:1,246-789
Camp: JTV All-Stars
Chips:
fedor would absolutely smash mir. shogun, machida, silva and jones idk. havent seen them at hw before. gonzaga would get owned horribly. so jds carwin and brock...

the only real threat i see here is carwin with his enormous power but still. isnt anything fedors seen before and after the way gonzaga rocked carwin i would be scared that fedor would murder him. jds is quick and good powerful hands. but fedor would probably catch him sooner or later but dos santos might have a chin on him never really seen him hurt before. brock... brock would get schooled like a 5 year old against fedor. fedor has faught top wrestlers before its nothing new to him.

Post #13   4/29/10 8:56:51PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Posted by grappler0000

With a and a good day.

DAMN!@!@! IT That was what I was thinking!

Post #14   4/29/10 9:28:35PM   

Taylor8766

Belt Contender

Taylor8766 Avatar

Career:740-512
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

you've got to be joking

Post #15   4/29/10 10:20:48PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3