Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Anderson "The Nuisance" Silva Ruined Christmas For Rampage Fans

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
So says Chael Sonnen in comments he made backstage at WEC 48. "He’s a grown man with earrings. He’s a grown man with saggy pants, pink t-shirts and crooked hats. Go join a gang, don’t get in the UFC. People don’t care about him. He came out and said he’s gonna go heavyweight, no one cared. So he comes out and says well ‘I’m gonna go light heavyweight,’ no one cared. ‘Well I’m gonna retire.’ Good! Beat it, this is back page news, no one cares about you anyway. ‘Well I’m not gonna retire I’m gonna stick around.’ Or do that. Again, it doesn’t really matter, you’re a nuisance. So who cares, they go make the little action figures and the two little kids that bought em, are probably pretty upset, their parents probably thought it was Quinton Jackson when they bought it for them and the kids had a disappointing Christmas I would imagine. That's a big difference. I became the number one contender on February and February 7 he sent out a press release as to why he shouldn't have to fight me. On August 7 he will fight me. I stand here of my own free will. He stands here because Uncle Dana is making him."

Article

Post #1   4/29/10 11:21:54AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,255-1,187
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I'm starting to love Chael Sonnen...

Post #2   4/29/10 11:31:14AM   

TheGodfather1024

MMA Regular

TheGodfather1024 Avatar

Career:199-119
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

I'm starting to love Chael Sonnen...

haha me too....even though I like Anderson is gonna run through him, especially for these comments

Post #3   4/29/10 11:59:09AM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
Let the games begin...

(Chael makes a good point, Anderson and Soares put out press about why he shouldnt have to Fight Chael, after Chael beat Nate. Just like Soares complained about Vitor for not having a UFC mw fight. The opponents Soares doesnt wanna have Silva fight, are who I wanna see beat Andersons ass. If Silva gets beat, he will improve like GSP did and maybe become a more humble fighter who always wants to finish to avoid losing.) IMO

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #4   4/29/10 12:59:25PM   

BMF

MMA Regular

Career:1,905-1,364
Chips:
Silvia hasn't ran through anyone lately. I thought Marquardt was going to run through Sonnen, I like most were wrong. Sonnen dec.

Post #5   4/29/10 1:00:41PM   

crushedbacon

In Full Mount

crushedbacon Avatar

Career:868-562
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:

Posted by BMF

Silvia hasn't ran through anyone lately. I thought Marquardt was going to run through Sonnen, I like most were wrong. Sonnen dec.

Well....if Silva didn't "run through" Griffin, his fight previous to Maia, I don't know what the hell you'd call it. Anderson said what contributed to the Maia performance was that Maia disrespected him leading up to the fight. He kinda implied that's what provoked his behaviour at 112.
Well if a little comment Maia made about taking one of the Spiders limbs and getting a sub win offended Anderson, I'm very curious to see what his thoughts are going to be regarding the avalanche of verbal abuse Sonnen hits him with for the next few months.

Post #6   4/29/10 1:32:50PM   

GSPCanada

Standup Guy

Career:637-415
Chips:
I know alot of ppl dont liek anderson anymore. But I still think Chael needs to put a lid on it. This guys talking grown men this grown man that. no body cares etc. yet he was the one crying on national television when filho didnt make my weight.

at the end of the day i dont care whos doing what antics. sonnen hasnt fought anyone half as good as anderson and at ufc 117 its going to show, we r never going to hear from him again after this fight, hes just getting his 5 monthsof fame in

Post #7   4/29/10 1:37:15PM   

The_Metal_Maniac

You Can't Andle My Riddum!

The_Metal_Maniac Avatar

Career:1,856-992
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
I work until 3:30 PM everyday. I frequent mmaplayground quite often in a day. Every time I see a Sonnen headline I have to be extra careful reading it , because the guy literally makes me laugh out loud. Is there a better trash talker in all of sports? Nope, I think not. Many believe Chael doesn't have a chance, but can you imagine the interview with Rogan in the cage if he pulls it off. LOL

Post #8   4/29/10 1:49:09PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by The_Metal_Maniac

Many believe Chael doesn't have a chance, but can you imagine the interview with Rogan in the cage if he pulls it off. LOL

He may not have a chance (though I believe he does) but I'll be supporting him 100%. I'll be pulling for him more than I ever have for *any* fighter.

Post #9   4/29/10 1:53:58PM   

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,611-877
Chips:
I like Anderson Silva (still). If anything, the reaction from fans over his recent fights has intensified the amount I like Anderson Silva; I think he's made a lot of mistakes in the Octagon with the way he performs, but I do not think his intention is to make the fans hate him.

Chael Sonnen, as a person, bothers me. In the cage, though, he is quite a fun watch. (This fight, I think, will be intense.)

Post #10   4/29/10 1:54:43PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,759-1,532
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Sometimes I find Sonnen hilarious, but he really does exaggerate things way too much. If he thinks nobody cares about Silvas decisions as far as his weight and retirement is concerned, then we should be surprised to know Sonnens name. Seriously, the best thing to ever happen to Sonnens fame will be a crushing KO delivered by Silva, which would really show how much more people care about Silva than Sonnen.

Post #11   4/29/10 1:56:58PM   

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,782-1,124
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
um anderson ran through maia too the dude was beat to hell and say what you want if silva would flinch maia would run anyway fleek keep the avatar bet open for me cause i need to avenge my losses

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #12   4/29/10 2:15:35PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva

fleek keep the avatar bet open for me cause i need to avenge my losses

I never said I was picking Chael.

Post #13   4/29/10 2:17:17PM   

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Career:233-122
Chips:
Sonnen forgot the the part about his one and only chance being to take a narrow decision from taking anderson down and sitting in a guard he can't pass while throwing every punch with care as to not nd up in an armbar.

Post #14   4/29/10 2:19:47PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by seanfu

Sonnen forgot the the part about his one and only chance being to take a narrow decision from taking anderson down and sitting in a guard he can't pass while throwing every punch with care as to not nd up in an armbar.

You're right, because he's supposed to mention that.

Post #15   4/29/10 2:25:45PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2