Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC's Tito Ortiz denies wrongdoing, accuses Jenna Jameson of OxyContin abuse

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

runningman08

Standup Guy

runningman08 Avatar

Career:448-283
Chips:
First of all anything being posted is just speculation. Nothing is a fact yet. I'm just posting this because the news is important and it can determine a fighters life and career. Just keep that in mind when leaving comments.

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz called a press conference in North Hollywood, Calif., Monday night and said an alleged domestic abuse incident with longtime girlfriend Jenna Jameson was prompted by Jameson's addiction to the prescription opiate OxyContin.

"Unfortunately, Jenna relapsed this morning and suffered the consequences of that," Chip Matthews, Ortiz's personal lawyer, said at the press conference. "We're here because Tito was trying to help her."

Ortiz denied harming Jameson during the incident, which allegedly took place Monday morning at the couple's home in Huntington Beach, Calif.

Full Article
-Here-

Video of Tito's News conference -Here-

Last edited 4/27/10 2:32AM server time by runningman08
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   4/27/10 2:14:07AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
I, like everyone else, only know the facts as they have been posted today. That being said my comments that follow are COMPLETE generalizations. I am not saying Jenna is or is not addicted to OxyContin. These are merely my thoughts on the drug itself.

My grandmother has been taken OxyContin legally for the past 10+ years because of her massive back problems and I know what happens when she runs out of her prescription. She definitely becomes agitated and very edgy. She is not physically capable of having too many violent outbursts but the emotional ones are most certainly present when the pills run out. This is not a drug to be taken lightly and has the same effects as a heroin addict drying out.

Back in my heyday, before I knew their effects, I abused the hell out of her pills because, like any other idiotic kid going through a pill kick, I was told that they were "awesome." It is a dangerous drug with serious side effects and people hooked on them can have even worse withdrawls/outbursts if their emotional life is already unstable.

If Jenna is, indeed, hooked on OxyContin, this is a much worse situation in that household than we previously thought. There's no excuse for violence but I've also seen someone breaking a nasty Oxy habit and they were beyond talking with during one of their episodes. Who knows what transpired in that household this morning but I will reserve judgment for Tito and Jenna's behaviors until after it has been dealt with by the legal authorities. My humble opinion is that this appears to be a matter best dealt with by a trained professional skilled in anger management/substance abuse issues rather than the law if these things wind up being true.

Post #2   4/27/10 2:33:28AM   

runningman08

Standup Guy

runningman08 Avatar

Career:448-283
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I, like everyone else, only know the facts as they have been posted today. That being said my comments that follow are COMPLETE generalizations. I am not saying Jenna is or is not addicted to OxyContin. These are merely my thoughts on the drug itself.

My grandmother has been taken OxyContin legally for the past 10+ years because of her massive back problems and I know what happens when she runs out of her prescription. She definitely becomes agitated and very edgy. She is not physically capable of having too many violent outbursts but the emotional ones are most certainly present when the pills run out. This is not a drug to be taken lightly and has the same effects as a heroin addict drying out.

Back in my heyday, before I knew their effects, I abused the hell out of her pills because, like any other idiotic kid going through a pill kick, I was told that they were "awesome." It is a dangerous drug with serious side effects and people hooked on them can have even worse withdrawls/outbursts if their emotional life is already unstable.

If Jenna is, indeed, hooked on OxyContin, this is a much worse situation in that household than we previously thought. There's no excuse for violence but I've also seen someone breaking a nasty Oxy habit and they were beyond talking with during one of their episodes. Who knows what transpired in that household this morning but I will reserve judgment for Tito and Jenna's behaviors until after it has been dealt with by the legal authorities. My humble opinion is that this appears to be a matter best dealt with by a trained professional skilled in anger management/substance abuse issues rather than the law if these things wind up being true.

Good post. Agreed. As a person who majored in Criminal Justice and Minored in Chemical Dependency i can say first hand the things i have seen caused by addiction are terrible. Not only do the harm the person physically but much more mentally. Addiction can rip a family apart and when there are cases like this opinions must be thrown out. No one knows what really happened and if the video from Titos press conference is true then this makes things very serious and any bashing or speculation of Tito and Jenna is very personal and not needed here. Note: The so called addiction Jenna has isn't one hundred percent true yet. Lets hope it isn't. Things like this shouldn't be so publicized but when you are at the level of fame like Tito and Jenna things get out.

Post #3   4/27/10 2:53:11AM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,393-817
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I think the truth is a little closer to Tito's version, I would guess there was some physical altercation but I seriously doubt that Tito initiated it, it just doesn't add up.

Post #4   4/27/10 3:06:40AM   

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,616-882
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
More Information on the Ortiz Story

Matthews also claimed that Jameson's family have now sided with Tito since learning his side of the story, and are well aware of her alleged drug problems that they tried for so long to keep this out of the public eye.

I think this, if true, really changes this story.

If Tito Ortiz the fighter was put in this situation, I think the results would have been way different. As more facts about this story come to light, I think my respect for Tito Ortiz as a person is increasing. Coming across as awkward, weird, irresponsible, and generally stupid as a fighter is one thing, but as a person he seems fairly decent.

I was trying to avoid posting on the Ortiz situation until the story resembled the truth, but this article redeemed Ortiz for me a little bit.

Last edited 4/27/10 3:49AM server time by lohmann
2 total post edits

Post #5   4/27/10 3:44:13AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
As with all things, I think the truth lies somewhere in-between what he said and she said. As a sociologist/historian one of the first things we tell our undergraduate students is that eyewitness testimony is often one the most unreliable sources you can obtain. The reason for this is because at the time of an incident emotions are heightened and people often see/hear things that didn't occur or they talk about with others immediately after and adopt parts of their stories as if they saw it with their own eyes. When someone is emotionally invested in a situation they are not seeing things through an objective lens.

This is not bad, necessarily, it is just a simple fact of nature. It takes a highly trained individual to accurately recall an event during periods of heightened emotions. These are the reasons most historians like to use an abundance of eyewitness accounts and try to piece together the most accurate scenario.

One experiment that illustrates this is during a class period we have someone barge in and yell something completely off the wall like two times. Nothing like "get down" or something like that but something weird. Afterward you ask the class to describe the individual and what was yelled. You'll find that he becomes a she, back to a he, shirt goes from black to blue, etc...People can't process when they are in a state of heightened emotions.

My point here is that IF Jenna was having an outburst and Tito was reacting, or vice versa, neither one of them is likely to have completely accurate account of what the other was doing. As with most thing, the truth usually lies somewhere in the middle of two stories.

Last edited 4/27/10 3:48AM server time by blueskiesburn

Post #6   4/27/10 3:48:25AM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,200-1,501
Chips:
This is the most important part of all of this drama...."He has not been formally charged with a crime."

Post #7   4/27/10 8:45:18AM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,246-1,208
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Can't wait for Eminem to make a song about this. This one's right up his alley.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #8   4/27/10 10:24:44AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,737-1,519
Chips:
Just watched the newest videos over at TMZ. None of us truly know what happened, but Jenna is really beginning to stick her foot in her mouth when the paparazzi egg her on. If she does indeed have a legitimate complaint, she should really keep her comments to a minimum, before she loses credibility. For example, in one video, after the camera man asks her about her OxyContin abuse, she refers to Tito as a wife beater...and in the following video, she says that he didn't beat her. Lack of consistency in the story will more than likely tank her case. Just an observation.

Edit: just looked at TMZ again...irconically, they have a new writeup stating exactly this.

Last edited 4/27/10 12:20PM server time by grappler0000

Post #9   4/27/10 11:06:07AM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,439-884
Chips:
If they did have a real "physical altercation" don't you think that Jenna would be completely annihilated? If Tito lost control and really wanted to hurt her he it would have been like a toddler fighting a polar bear, a huge male world class MMA fighter vs a 110lb female drug addict...

Post #10   4/27/10 11:21:31AM   

manstrabula

Learning to Sprawl

manstrabula Avatar

Career:402-376
Chips:
Putting the legal mumbo jumbo aside and pulling out the ol' moral compass and... it points in the favor of Tito, a cocky over the top fighter who really helps promote the sport, i think he was trying to help her and a drug test would show her dependencies and i'm sure any violence may have been in an attempt to stop her from doing harm to him or her self. This maybe the first nice thing i've said about the former champ, but i am really pullin for him

Post #11   4/27/10 12:40:28PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,358-751
Chips:
I'm going to say the same thing we (The MODs) have said in the other topics about this. Keep it clean and respectful and follow the rules. We as MODs have posted many warnings now and I'm still seeing some people break the rules, so let me make this very clear. If you cant make a post without tossing insults then don't post because if you do you will find your ability to post removed.

Now on side note this is why people shouldn't pass judgment till they have all the facts. Not that I think Tito or Jenna is right or wrong but we just don't know the hole story and till we do lets not jump to conclusions.

Last edited 4/27/10 1:14PM server time by telnights

Post #12   4/27/10 1:05:04PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,434-1,251
Chips:

Posted by DoTheMMAth

it would have been like a toddler fighting a polar bear, a huge male world class MMA fighter vs a 110lb female drug addict...

His fractured skull that the doctors somehow missed in the post-106 medical exam would probably even out the fight were it to happen.

Post #13   4/27/10 1:19:41PM   

skitzo

MMA Regular

skitzo Avatar

Career:272-153
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Excellent post.

I lost my twin brother last August due to an intoxication of OxyContin. He ONLY had a therapeutic dose of OxyContin in his system. However, the dose of Oxy interacted fatally with his prescribed anxiety meds. I just had to mention this, because people don't realize that prescription pain meds can have deadly consequences. My brother was struggling with generalized anxiety disorder and he tried pain meds to relieve his stress and anxiety.

Everyday was a struggle in his mind.... It is too bad that he felt that the only way he could get away from his pain was to try a "new" drug. He was seeing a therapist and taking anxiety medication, yet he still could not cope...His loss is hard to explain in words. I will always miss him and remember are better days together. I just hope other people using these drugs illegally will get help and find a way to save their life and those that see their family/friends are misusing these drugs will do their best to get them help.

Last edited 4/27/10 1:35PM server time by skitzo

Post #14   4/27/10 1:31:42PM   

tdietel01

Standup Guy

tdietel01 Avatar

Career:83-44
Camp: OHIO TOP TEAM
Chips:

Posted by DoTheMMAth

If they did have a real "physical altercation" don't you think that Jenna would be completely annihilated? If Tito lost control and really wanted to hurt her he it would have been like a toddler fighting a polar bear, a huge male world class MMA fighter vs a 110lb female drug addict...

Gotta agree with ya, if tito lost control even with another man with no training it would definitely show. IMO if he did really lose control and beat her up she would look more like rihanna after she got beat up. not just some bruises or whatever. (not saying bruises are ok BTW) just saying if a man of that size training and strength loses control on a 110 woman we would definitaly know. either way its a bad situation and i hope the actual truth eventually comes out.

Post #15   4/27/10 2:47:48PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2