Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Jenna Jameson Says She Is Pressing Charges against Tito.

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

runningman08

Standup Guy

runningman08 Avatar

Career:448-283
Chips:
TMZ.com posted videos of Tito Ortiz being taken into custody, as well as a video of Jenna Jameson crying and saying she will press charges:

Video -Here-

Post #1   4/26/10 6:17:13PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
I have so much I want to say right now but I read the forum code of conduct and agreed to those terms. That being said I'm just glad to see that the HBPD didn't treat him like a god and did their jobs.

Post #2   4/26/10 6:28:30PM   

RyanC

MMA Sensei

RyanC Avatar

Career:472-317
Camp: Journalistas
Chips:
So does this mean their relationship is over?

Post #3   4/26/10 6:33:23PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,518-886
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Now Dana is threatining to cut Tito from the UFC

http://www.tmz.com/2010/04/26/tito-ortiz-dana-white-ufc-arrest-jenna-jamison-ufc-domestic-violence/

Post #4   4/26/10 6:42:48PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:
This is "Hollywood," I assume this means it's just the beginning. Unless Jenna is smart and leaves before it gets worse. We still don't know everything that happened. All that's known is that there was enough for them to make an arrest. Although, this doesn't mean anything at all, either. Someone correct me if I am wrong but I'm pretty sure that I am not, California has a law where if the Police are called on a Domestic Violence call, someone has to go to jail. It's just protocol. It's not to say that the D.A. will pick up the case but someone has to go to jail for a night. This is what I have been told by officers when I worked for the county processing offenders.

Post #5   4/26/10 6:44:07PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:
Why is it that I always have a personal story that falls in line with the celebrity cases?

When my ex went bat **** crazy on my 24th birthday my roommate had called the cops and initially they placed me in cuffs when they arrived (cause whenever there's a domestic violence call, it has to be the man, right?) well, after they got the facts, they apologized to be and unhandcuffed me. They asked if I wanted to press charges and I said no but I wanted her out of my house for the night, and the officer said that she had to go to jail because it was a domestic violence call and there was visible evidence that something had taken place (she bit a chunk out of my back). I asked if they could just take her home and he informed me that it was a California Penal Code requisite that they take one party to jail if there's a domestic violence call. He said it prevents people from making false calls and repeated calls for minor incidents as well as diffuses the situation for the night. He also said that the whole "you go to your moms, you go to your friends, sh*t never worked." Hence the new protocol.

Post #6   4/26/10 6:50:28PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,518-886
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

This is "Hollywood," I assume this means it's just the beginning. Unless Jenna is smart and leaves before it gets worse. We still don't know everything that happened. All that's known is that there was enough for them to make an arrest. Although, this doesn't mean anything at all, either. Someone correct me if I am wrong but I'm pretty sure that I am not, California has a law where if the Police are called on a Domestic Violence call, someone has to go to jail. It's just protocol. It's not to say that the D.A. will pick up the case but someone has to go to jail for a night. This is what I have been told by officers when I worked for the county processing offenders.

You may be right.
I live in Ohio,but this happened to my neighbor once. Multiple witnesses at the scene told the cops he did nothing and that his girlfriend was throwing objects at him,yet they took him to jail anyways because she called the cops on him.
(she thought he had been cheating and went balistic on him)

Post #7   4/26/10 7:45:41PM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:
we don't know anything yet, right?
i mean she could have been trying to slit his throat in his sleep or hurt one of the kids. it's probably not something like that but we shouldn't assume that he just beat her up before knowing the facts.

i'm gonna wait to see what went down before i consider him a wife beater.

Post #8   4/26/10 7:51:55PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:
That's an instance of police officers not doing their due diligence (assuming all accounts are true). A party must go to jail in California. Usually, the officers are pretty good about obtaining all of the facts before deciding which of the two need to be taken to jail. It sounds like he was the unfortunate victim of the same thing I was. The police figured if there's a domestic violence call it MUST be the man. I got a formal apology from the officer that cuffed me but I'm also completely aware of the fact that, had my roommates not been there for the entire incident, it most likely would have been me going to jail that night because of gender stereotypes.

The point being here that Tito was arrested in Huntington Beach, CA, which means he was under CPC at the time of the call. Because of that, either him or Jenna had to go to jail. It's just the way the legislators decided we should operate as a state when it comes to domestic violence calls. Too many officers were complaining about multiple calls to the same residence nightly. They would get out there and the person would decide "oh, I don't want to press charges." Then they'd have to turn around and come back hours later for the same thing, only to get the same response.

Additionally, they were tired of girls who were making mountains out of molehills and claiming domestic violence when it was just a disagreement with an absurd amount of shouting. They figure if the female sees her partner being hauled off to jail for something she exaggerated about she'll be less likely to make a false call. It's all preventative and seems to be working, actually. I'm not excusing Tito or his outlandish actions at times, I'm just saying, one party had to be taken to jail. The officers must have determined that he was clearly the bigger threat. That doesn't mean he did or did not assault her.

Post #9   4/26/10 8:01:50PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
As usual I won't speculate on whether he did or didn't do it, but I will say that IF it's true I am pretty surprised to see Tito being involved in something like this. He seems like a smart, level-headed guy, as much as I think he can act like a goofball sometimes.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Post #10   4/26/10 8:09:31PM   

runningman08

Standup Guy

runningman08 Avatar

Career:448-283
Chips:
"Now Dana is threatining to cut Tito from the UFC"

http://www.tmz.com/2010/04/26/tito-ortiz-dana-white-ufc-arrest-jenna-jamison-ufc-domestic-violence/

I think Dana is just playing to the media. When Rampage got in trouble dana was by his side and nothing happened to him. Nate diaz is still in the UFC. If nate isnt cut then tito shouldn't be either. I understand the situation but just like many other athletes. There is personal life and then there is professional life. The two should never mix.

Last edited 4/26/10 9:08PM server time by runningman08
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #11   4/26/10 9:05:06PM   

Bloodhound

Standup Guy

Bloodhound Avatar

Career:1,054-599
Chips:

Posted by MaxOne

we don't know anything yet, right?
i mean she could have been trying to slit his throat in his sleep or hurt one of the kids. it's probably not something like that but we shouldn't assume that he just beat her up before knowing the facts.

i'm gonna wait to see what went down before i consider him a wife beater.

this...we have no idea why Tito did it so people should chill with the negativety about Tito what he did was definetly wrong but there may be a reason

Post #12   4/26/10 9:05:23PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:

Posted by runningman08

"Now Dana is threatining to cut Tito from the UFC"

I think Dana is just playing to the media. When Rampage got in trouble dana was by his side and nothing happened to him. Nate diaz is still in the UFC. If nate isnt cut then tito shouldn't be either. I understand the situation but just like many other athletes. There is personal life and then there is professional life. The two should never mix.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Tito cut if this ends up to be true.
Rampage had a breakdown and Nate was still MMA related and it got his biggest competition bad press.
If this ends up to be true Tito is screwed. No one wants to be associated with a wife beater.

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #13   4/26/10 9:17:59PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,275-1,535
Chips:
What a "Soap".

Post #14   4/26/10 10:41:52PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
There's just one thing I want to say on this-

Tito is a very large, trained and professional fighter. That means he has offensive capabilities just as much as he has defensive abilities. I can't see any situation in which he would need to physically harm a person half his size. Even if she had a baseball bat it should be absolutely no problem for Tito to completely neutralize her while doing minimal damage.

Outside of a gun or a knife being involved (and even then with a knife the damage should be minimal) I would hope he would exercise proper restraint.

All of that being said I'll reserve final judgment until the full story comes out. But it's just crazy to me to think that there would ever be a situation in which he would need to use his offensive abilities instead of his defensive ones on a woman half his size who is not a professional fighter.

Post #15   4/27/10 1:35:52AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2