Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Chucks Cardio

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Ultimate_fighter

Banned

Career:270-165
Chips:
The Tito fight he had, when it went to the 3 rd i thought that he was gased and same when he fought white, he gassed at the end of the 1st round he could barely do his pose that he does he was to exhausted

Post #16   4/16/07 7:22:10PM   

KEENAN9

Learning to Sprawl

KEENAN9 Avatar

Career:27-19
Camp: We're #1
Chips:
i think chuck will gas. rampage will take the fight places chuck hasen't been in awhile and will probably back chuck up most of the fight. rampage has better defense than randy, tito, babalou and horn, chuck will punch himself out.

Post #17   4/17/07 1:42:03AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,498-1,432
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by KEENAN9

i think chuck will gas. rampage will take the fight places chuck hasen't been in awhile and will probably back chuck up most of the fight. rampage has better defense than randy, tito, babalou and horn, chuck will punch himself out.

coming right at chuck isnt always the best idea as hes such a good counter puncher. to come at him you really have to be pressing into a clinch so he doesnt get a chance to extend on his punches. i dont know that rampages defense is that much better than say horn, randy or tito either and if chuck is gassed i would imagine rampage will be as well. i just dont see this fight going 4 or 5 rounds, i really think these two guys are going to be trying to finish the whole way and someone is going to get ko/tkoed by rd 3 at the latest.

Post #18   4/17/07 11:17:21AM   

essej88

Learning to Sprawl

Career:19-7
Camp: Black House
Chips:
rampage is gonna just crush chuckie, and his mohawk, WARRRR PAGE
chuck is the most overated novelty in mma, his buddy dana just keeps giving him mismatches, poster boy is going down when page is slamming him all over the octagon.

Post #19   4/17/07 11:53:39AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,849-1,024
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
This will go at least into the third
Rampage in all of his fights has taken about 3-5 minutes to warm up. Pride rounds were 10 minutes and thats why he knocked out eastman in the second round. . Chuck is a counter puncher and rampage is going to go lightly the first round getting a feel of the fight. Little action that round and i dont see either of them getting knocked out by the other in one round of brutal fighting (the 2nd round).

Post #20   4/17/07 2:44:43PM   

kerazzle

MMA Regular

kerazzle Avatar

Career:349-189
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
chuck is has been a dominating champion, and he's a great fighter, but I think Rampage is just a bad matchup. He is a guy with better technical striking (more classic boxing style), and he can take Chucks punches with little problem. I see it being a rough night for Chuck but he could always pull it out.

Post #21   4/17/07 8:52:44PM   

Cobbs666

Standup Guy

Cobbs666 Avatar

Career:1,063-740
Camp: *TeaM SaTaN*
Chips:

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

I think Chuck is hungry to avenge his loss and I don't think he would let something as easy as cardio (well relatively easy) slow him down.

i agree with the avenging part.
and since ive been watching him i have never picked him to lose a fight in the ufc
but im having a tough time with this one hes gonna have a rough time knocking Q out and if he cant do it in the first 2 rounds i think the advantage will start going Qs way. but he could have cardio issues too.
this will never go the distance. i dont even think past the 3rd. these 2 are gonna have a 1 or 2 round war.
chuck by KO or rampage by slam and GnP.
chuck has excellent take down D. but i think Q is much more agrresive than what chuck has been used to recently.

even though im leaning towards chuck, i dont think ill be able to make my pick untill a couple of days before the fight.

I agree. I'm betting on Chuck but I would not be suprised at all if Rampage beat him

thats exactly how i feel. wanna pick chuck but i wanna put some $ on rampage.

you guys have so much in common

Post #22   4/17/07 9:02:38PM   

skiba97

Banned

Career:60-34
Chips:
I dont think chucks cardio will matter much in this fight, i cant see it going out of the 2nd round

Post #23   4/17/07 9:22:14PM   

JunCTion

READY TO SMILE AND LOVE LIFE!!

JunCTion Avatar

Career:543-390
Camp: Camp David
Chips:

Posted by Cobbs666

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

I think Chuck is hungry to avenge his loss and I don't think he would let something as easy as cardio (well relatively easy) slow him down.

i agree with the avenging part.
and since ive been watching him i have never picked him to lose a fight in the ufc
but im having a tough time with this one hes gonna have a rough time knocking Q out and if he cant do it in the first 2 rounds i think the advantage will start going Qs way. but he could have cardio issues too.
this will never go the distance. i dont even think past the 3rd. these 2 are gonna have a 1 or 2 round war.
chuck by KO or rampage by slam and GnP.
chuck has excellent take down D. but i think Q is much more agrresive than what chuck has been used to recently.

even though im leaning towards chuck, i dont think ill be able to make my pick untill a couple of days before the fight.

I agree. I'm betting on Chuck but I would not be suprised at all if Rampage beat him

thats exactly how i feel. wanna pick chuck but i wanna put some $ on rampage.

you guys have so much in common

all the comments to reply to on this thread and thats all you can come up with.

Post #24   4/17/07 10:37:10PM   

teamquestnorth

Standup Guy

teamquestnorth Avatar

Career:836-583
Camp: The Underground
Chips:
its hard for me to say.when they first fought chuck was in kind of a slump(same year he got outstruck by randy). I think hes improved leaps and bounds since then while rampage has looked mediocre. as far as cardio is concerned rampage wrestled around with lindland for 3 rounds and didnt gas too terribly bad so if this goes past the second and theres clinching and groundwork involved i definately give this fight to rampage.

Post #25   4/17/07 11:39:11PM   

JunCTion

READY TO SMILE AND LOVE LIFE!!

JunCTion Avatar

Career:543-390
Camp: Camp David
Chips:
i think that most of us agree.
basically it comes down to chuck ending the fight early (rnd 1 or 2) or if it drags on passed the third round its Qs fight to win.

Post #26   4/17/07 11:48:38PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2