Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Chucks Cardio

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Mv356

MMA Regular

Career:231-135
Camp: Kamikaze
Chips:
What do you guys think of chuck's cardio? I mean, he looked like he was slowing down against tito in the 3rd round. I see rampage being a bad match up for chuck. Rampage, if anything, is able to take alot of punishment before going down, and I don't see chuck ending this one fast.

Post #1   4/15/07 10:35:15PM   

Juggernaut

MMA Regular

Juggernaut Avatar

Career:27-18
Chips:
I say it's not going to matter at all, no matter who wins this one is not going to go the distance. I'd be really suprised if it makes it into Rnd. 3

Post #2   4/15/07 10:51:55PM   

Ydoc

Belt Contender

Ydoc Avatar

Career:1,371-849
Camp: Camp David
Chips:
I dunno... he almost went 25 minutes in the Horn fight, but that match didn't go down, and I think you expend more energy on the ground. Overall I think he can be in it for the long haul.

Post #3   4/15/07 11:09:58PM   

Juggernaut

MMA Regular

Juggernaut Avatar

Career:27-18
Chips:
only reason the Horn fight went that long was because Horn kept laying on the ground. and yes, you definately do expend more energy on the ground, and Rampage is good at taking things to the ground and his slams are brutal

Post #4   4/15/07 11:19:29PM   

FortySixBelow

MMA Regular

Career:17-17
Chips:
If Rampage can inflict damage on Chuck's body like he did on the first fight, I believe Chuck will gas.

Post #5   4/16/07 7:05:33AM   

Jeffanori-Gomi

Standup Guy

Career:34-26
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
I think Chuck is hungry to avenge his loss and I don't think he would let something as easy as cardio (well relatively easy) slow him down.

Post #6   4/16/07 11:17:18AM   

AdamG

Learning to Sprawl

AdamG Avatar

Career:601-428
Camp: SF Fight Fans
Chips:
I don't think that cardio will be much of a factor in this fight. Both of these guys have so much power, the fight should end pretty early. If Rampage wants to try and gas Chuck, he'll have to get him to the ground, and when was the last time you saw Chuck fight on the ground? Chuck slowed down against Tito because he had a knee injury. Rampage can take a lot of punishment, but fighters rarely ever recover from a clean shot from the Iceman.

Post #7   4/16/07 12:03:49PM   

JunCTion

READY TO SMILE AND LOVE LIFE!!

JunCTion Avatar

Career:543-390
Chips:

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

I think Chuck is hungry to avenge his loss and I don't think he would let something as easy as cardio (well relatively easy) slow him down.

i agree with the avenging part.
and since ive been watching him i have never picked him to lose a fight in the ufc
but im having a tough time with this one hes gonna have a rough time knocking Q out and if he cant do it in the first 2 rounds i think the advantage will start going Qs way. but he could have cardio issues too.
this will never go the distance. i dont even think past the 3rd. these 2 are gonna have a 1 or 2 round war.
chuck by KO or rampage by slam and GnP.
chuck has excellent take down D. but i think Q is much more agrresive than what chuck has been used to recently.

even though im leaning towards chuck, i dont think ill be able to make my pick untill a couple of days before the fight.

Post #8   4/16/07 12:10:41PM   

tepid55

MMA Sensei

tepid55 Avatar

Career:3,060-1,676
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
I think Jackson will win by 4th round TKO.

Post #9   4/16/07 3:30:54PM   

JunCTion

JunCTion Avatar

Chips:

Posted by tepid55

dude. theyre gonna be going at it so hard as soon as the bell rings that there is no way theyre gonna make it to the 4th round

Post #10   4/16/07 3:42:25PM   

Jeffanori-Gomi

Standup Guy

Career:34-26
Chips:

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

and since ive been watching him i have never picked him to lose a fight in the ufc
but im having a tough time with this one hes gonna have a rough time knocking Q out and if he cant do it in the first 2 rounds i think the advantage will start going Qs way. but he could have cardio issues too.
this will never go the distance. i dont even think past the 3rd. these 2 are gonna have a 1 or 2 round war.
chuck has excellent take down D. but i think Q is much more agrresive than what chuck has been used to recently.

even though im leaning towards chuck, i dont think ill be able to make my pick untill a couple of days before the fight.

I agree. I'm betting on Chuck but I would not be suprised at all if Rampage beat him

Post #11   4/16/07 3:42:43PM   

JunCTion

JunCTion Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

I agree. I'm betting on Chuck but I would not be suprised at all if Rampage beat him

thats exactly how i feel. wanna pick chuck but i wanna put some $ on rampage.

Post #12   4/16/07 3:44:33PM   

Lay_N_Pray

In Full Mount

Lay_N_Pray Avatar

Career:253-130
Chips:
I agree I dont think cardio will be to much of an issue. However I think the fight will go to the third round with Chuck punching him out for the victory.

If the fight gets into the fourth round Rampages chances of winning go way up because then cardio will be a factor, but like I said cardio shouldnt be an issue cause the fight should go about three rounds in Chucks favor.

Post #13   4/16/07 3:53:00PM   

bayonetxwork

In Full Mount

bayonetxwork Avatar

Career:114-60
Camp: TUFFS Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by tepid55

dude. theyre gonna be going at it so hard as soon as the bell rings that there is no way theyre gonna make it to the 4th round

Well it depends what gameplan Rampage comes out with. I think he could definitely hold his own on the feet, he has great defense standing up. Now I'm not saying hes going to KO Liddell, but if he decides to try and bring the fight to the later rounds, he could.

Now hopefully he'll come out like we're all anticipating, aggressive, and swining. Therefore we're guaranteed to see a highlight reel KO.

Post #14   4/16/07 5:33:49PM   

kerazzle

MMA Regular

kerazzle Avatar

Career:349-189
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
I really don't see Chuck KOing Rampage. Quinton has an excellent chin and has only been K.O'd by extensive damage in the clinch. Chuck is more of a 1 punch KO kind of guy and I dont see that really harming Rampage. Who knows though it could happen.

Post #15   4/16/07 6:33:38PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2