Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Fedor vs Lindland

Print  
Posted By Message

Mayo

Standup Guy

Mayo Avatar

Career:261-179
Camp: Downtown Chi-Town
Chips:
link

"I absolutely, absolutely would like a rematch,” said Lindland. “I’m not saying the outcome would have been any different but that’s a much different fight if the referee does what he’s supposed to and I wind up on top and am able to utilize my skills there.”

Last edited 4/15/07 9:01PM server time by Mayo
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   4/15/07 8:18:17PM   

shocktek

Learning to Sprawl

shocktek Avatar

Career:195-120
Chips:
bullshit, how many other matches have you seen the guy grab the rope or the cage. Either way if fedor would have been on his back he would have rolled out of it like he did with randleman. Let em fight again the outcome will be the same.

Post #2   4/15/07 8:50:09PM   

Mayo

Standup Guy

Mayo Avatar

Career:261-179
Camp: Downtown Chi-Town
Chips:
Actually now that I just watched the fight on YouTube I agree with you. I didn't see any blatant rope grabbing. But that article made it sound a lot worse.

Link to video

Post #3   4/15/07 9:03:28PM   

-Virus-

MMA Regular

-Virus- Avatar

Career:90-56
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
I'd love to see a rematch and see what Fedor can do to an Olympic Wrestler from the bottom. I'm not doubting Fedor but it could've changed the fight because Lindland could have increased the size of the cut and maybe get a tko, I guess Fedor's weakness has been found, he bleeds, lol im jk about the last part.

Post #4   4/15/07 10:09:24PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
This is why I have said that fighters should be either fined or penalized every time the grab the ropes/shorts or whatever.

Something needs to be done because these types of fouls can cost a fighter the match. I am not saying anything about this fight in particular, but it can happen. A fighter has to grab the ropes several times before they are issued a yellow card in pride.... and I have seen guys get a yellow card and still win on the scorecards. How the hell does that happen?

Post #5   4/15/07 11:45:49PM   

kerazzle

MMA Regular

kerazzle Avatar

Career:349-189
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by -Virus-

I'd love to see a rematch and see what Fedor can do to an Olympic Wrestler from the bottom. I'm not doubting Fedor but it could've changed the fight because Lindland could have increased the size of the cut and maybe get a tko, I guess Fedor's weakness has been found, he bleeds, lol im jk about the last part.

Well considering Fedor swept Arona, a bigger and stronger Abu Dhabi champ, several times when he was on top, I dont think he'd have too much difficulty doing the same to Matt Lindland.

Post #6   4/15/07 11:53:12PM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Career:596-351
Chips:
IMO Lindland didn't deserve a shot at Fedor anyways. 2 weight classes smaller and not a long standing dominant Champ or anything. He doesn't derserve a rematch anymore than say... well, Coleman.

Cro Cop is the only one I can think of who DERSERVES a rematch with the king. Barnett, Couture, maybe Syliva deserve a chance to fight him. He isn't an overlyactive fighter as it is. Save his time and energy for people who deserve it.

Post #7   4/16/07 4:30:35AM   

mmadb

MMADB.com

mmadb Avatar

Career:625-342
Chips:
In my opinion Fedor did his best to not grab the ropes. I would imagine it's pretty hard to avoid the ropes when your being pushed into them.

Post #8   4/16/07 7:28:01AM   

Porch28

BANNED

Porch28 Avatar

Career:506-292
Chips:
Anybody who thought lindland had a chance is kidding themselves and why would anyone want to see a rematch????? Fedor detroyed him. Time to move on to some real heavyweights. A rematch with Cro Cop is a lot more appealing then another blowout with Lindland. Pride or the UFC better sign him quick.

Post #9   4/16/07 9:37:26AM