Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC president promises bigger paydays for WEC fighters at "Aldo vs. Faber"

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

runningman08

Standup Guy

runningman08 Avatar

Career:448-283
Chips:
UFC president Dana White says bigger paydays are on the way for WEC fighters, at least for the time being.

On Saturday, the UFC's sister organization asks fans to pony up $44.95 for WEC 48 at the ARCO Arena in Sacramento, Calif. – the same price as a UFC pay-per-view card.

Many observers have noted a disparity in pay between WEC fighters and UFC fighters. However, White said that gap will narrow Saturday – at least temporarily – as the WEC moves from the smaller money in cable television to the dynamic and potentially lucrative world of pay-per-view.

Full Article -Here-

Post #1   4/20/10 9:54:29PM   

RandyCouture

MMA Regular

RandyCouture Avatar

Career:1,524-786
Chips:
good to see this, a lot of the guys deserve a lot more then they are making now. Hopefully this ppv doesn't flop like everybody thinks and these warriors make some cash money.

War WEC

Post #2   4/20/10 10:35:37PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,263-1,218
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Great to hear. I hope this card lives up to the hype. After what happened with the last UFC ppv and Strikeforce I'm a bit worried. I guess it really can't get any worse.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #3   4/20/10 11:09:21PM   

TheBestEVER

MMA Regular

TheBestEVER Avatar

Career:519-308
Camp: M Town Hard Hitters
Chips:
Both of them deserve a nice payday pound for pound both of these guys are top 10 in the world. I cant wait.

Post #4   4/20/10 11:46:54PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
I would be willing to bet that Faber will still receive a larger payday than Aldo, win or lose. I'm sure the pay structure will be similar to that of UFC.

Post #5   4/21/10 3:06:00AM   

Wolf

MMA Regular

Wolf Avatar

Career:378-248
Camp: Team Bullshido
Chips:
They surely deserve it, but it's going to really hurt the company after practically no one pays $44.95 for this thing. I love the WEC, but I'm sorry, that price is RIDICULOUS for the first PPV outing for this promotion. Their exposure and brand name isn't NEARLY good enough to warrant such a price.

Post #6   4/21/10 8:51:41AM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,888-1,075
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Awesome move by Dana on this one. I am more excited to watch Aldo/Faber than just about any fight happening this year.

I also think its funny that people are still complaining about having to pay for this card. This card is guaranteed to be more fun than UFC 112 and Strikeforce put together.

Post #7   4/21/10 9:57:37AM   

TheGodfather1024

MMA Regular

TheGodfather1024 Avatar

Career:199-119
Chips:
Faber will be making the most no matter what.

Post #8   4/21/10 11:40:57AM   

Wolf

MMA Regular

Wolf Avatar

Career:378-248
Camp: Team Bullshido
Chips:

Posted by Wolf

They surely deserve it, but it's going to really hurt the company after practically no one pays $44.95 for this thing. I love the WEC, but I'm sorry, that price is RIDICULOUS for the first PPV outing for this promotion. Their exposure and brand name isn't NEARLY good enough to warrant such a price.

I'm not complaining about paying for it. It's an awesome card. I just think from a business standpoint it's doomed to failure because the WEC doesn't carry enough of a name outside the hardcore fans for those to want to pay 44.95 for it. Of course the hardcore fans will, but they're not the majority of the buys.

Post #9   4/21/10 1:09:53PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:

Posted by ncordless

Awesome move by Dana on this one. I am more excited to watch Aldo/Faber than just about any fight happening this year.

I also think its funny that people are still complaining about having to pay for this card. This card is guaranteed to be more fun than UFC 112 and Strikeforce put together.

This is going to be one of the most exciting cards of the year. Look at the title fights, The speed and devastation of Aldo against the speed and dominance of Faber. Henderson vs Cerrone 1 was Fight of the Year for many publications. How can you not tell me that 2 won't be just as amazing. Banuelos vs. Jorgenson 1 was another former Fight of the Year candidate that's running it back. Gamburyan vs Brown is likely to determine who faces the winner of Faber/Aldo. I'll just stop there as I believe I have proven my point. If you think regular price PPV is too much for this...I got nothing. Just don't buy it and miss out.

Post #10   4/21/10 5:06:09PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,888-1,075
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Hopefully this means that Aldo can buy that house for his family he said he wanted to buy.

Post #11   4/21/10 5:14:23PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:
I'd prop you for either one of those comments, ncord, but I gotta spread the love. so...

Post #12   4/21/10 5:19:19PM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:
it looks like a great card...i'm just at a point where i can't buy every ppv because there are so many of them. being used to getting quality WEC events for free (i know we pay but you know what i mean) and then all of sudden coming out an extra 45 bucks is hard to stomach. I want to the fighters to make more. I watch every mma event i can find and i'm a nielsen family so it actually counts...but i just can't do 2 or 3 PPV's a month which is where it's going. The months that had Affliction cards killed me and money is even tighter now.

I wish they'd keep it VS. Network and then lock down a network deal for the WEC. that'd be a great way to grow the sport and get more pay for the fighters and since the UFC is their precious they could use WEC to test the waters on Network TV and be a little more lose with the agreement than what they are willing to be with the UFC.

Post #13   4/21/10 5:39:41PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:
Get a better job, Max. Just kidding, dude, I know what you mean.

Post #14   4/21/10 5:47:21PM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Get a better job, Max. Just kidding, dude, I know what you mean.

you have any ideas on the job front?
i'm good at watching MMA, making kids, tasting different foods/drinks, my opinion on hip hop & comedy is superior to everyone else in the world & i like to read.

I've been trying to find something but my skills/likes just don't seem to translate to a good paying job.

Post #15   4/21/10 5:55:14PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2