Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Shields Thinks No One Should Be Punished For Strikeforce Brawl.

Print  
Posted By Message

runningman08

Standup Guy

runningman08 Avatar

Career:448-283
Chips:
Following the biggest win of his career, Jake Shields soon had another challenger in his face during his post-fight interview, and just seconds later mayhem literally erupted.

Jason "Mayhem" Miller came into the cage immediately following Shields' win and challenged the middleweight champion to a rematch for a fight they had in November 2009 in which Shields defeated him by unanimous decision.

"He came so fast out of nowhere, and just kind of bumped into me, the way he came up and said rematch, I just thought it was really rude. He got in my face, he bumped me, and interrupted in the middle of the interview," Shields told MMAWeekly Radio on Monday night.

Full Article -Here-

Post #1   4/20/10 4:52:59PM   

hate4thestate

In Full Mount

hate4thestate Avatar

Career:1,523-942
Camp: FLBTV All-Stars
Chips:
i really respect what shields is saying here and think he is 100% correct. The sport is pretty much solidified and doesnt seem to be going nowhere. The fight was probably inappropriate but the casual fan thought it was awesome, like when a brawl breaks out in hockey. but everyone messed up thats all there is to say. im tired of seeing blame pointing to the diaz bros. people just hate them and will take any excuse they can to hate more. dont get me wrong they acted inappropriately but so did mayhem.

Post #2   4/20/10 7:57:11PM   

MiniMan

Standup Guy

MiniMan Avatar

Career:38-27
Chips:
I dont care what happened, Who disrespected who, Whatever... YOU DONT FIGHT LIKE THAT!!! Anywhere!!!

I think even Jake pushing mayhem was fine, But what happened after was really weak.

Post #3   4/20/10 10:41:37PM   

manstrabula

Learning to Sprawl

manstrabula Avatar

Career:402-376
Chips:
The Diaz brothers let their colors show and it was a very Bright YELLOW. what happened between Shields and Miller was an isolated thing, what happened following the push from the Diaz's was just down right cowardly "Mayhem" should get his granted his rematch not only because of that but how lame the last fight was between the two.

Post #4   4/21/10 3:12:35PM