Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

A few thoughts about Undisputed 2010 (after watching the hands on demostrations)

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,486-872
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I found quiet a few videos from gametrailers,via youtube showcasing a lot of what we can expect from Undisputed 2010. Just youtube UFC undisputed 2010 demsostrations and it should pop up. I just wanted to share a few thoughts about the tech video's since the demo is suppose to come out this week I believe.

1. Wow! Just wow! the career mode looks very indepth this time around. It even includes Dana's video blogs! You start off in small time promotions (WFA inparticular) and eventually work your way up to UFC status. If you happen to slip along the way however, you may get cut and have to prove yourself worthy of stepping back inside the UFC's octagon by taking on more local talent.

2. Preset names. Yes! This time your just not limited to calling yourself "Doctor" or "Big Nasty" or whatever cornball cheese names 09 coughed up. Your fighter gets his own voice as well. Overall the custimazation for CAF's looks much more elaborate this time around.

3. 2010 features pre-fight weigh-ins with stare downs. You fully have control of how your character reacts to his competition during the weight results. That's awesome! I loved the demonstration showing your character backstage with mark Laimon while your getting your hands taped up as he tells you to take deep breaths.. That is a great way of fully immersing the player into the experince.

4. The actual gameplay features much more control and options during a match. This game will offer much more to master this time around.

5. Okay it's time for the one flaw (and maybe its not as bad as i'm thinking it will be), but the submission system seems virtually unchanged from last years game. The only difference seems to be the camera zooms in on who is winning the struggle. Other than that,I haven't seen anything else other than you can transistion from one submission to another. If this is the truth,then it's just unacceptable.

Other than that it looks like this game is shaping up to be great!

Post #1   4/19/10 10:17:32PM   

Violence108

Standup Guy

Violence108 Avatar

Career:629-417
Camp: Wolfpack Crew
Chips:
cant wait for that game to come out, i already bout it haha

Post #2   4/19/10 10:48:33PM   

runningman08

Standup Guy

runningman08 Avatar

Career:448-283
Chips:
Sounds like this games is going to be great. Can't wait. It still may have a couple issues but it fixed a majority of the problems form 2009. It will be much better than anything EA puts out. I checked out a few videos and game play demos and i am not impressed at all with EA MMA. Im not surprised though considering strikeforce is getting into the video game business but this is stuff EA has always did. There is still time for change though.

Post #3   4/19/10 10:59:23PM   

haggiswashere

MMA Sensei

haggiswashere Avatar

Career:384-281
Camp: SKADUSH!!!!
Chips:

Posted by Violence108

cant wait for that game to come out, i already bout it haha

haha so did I.

Post #4   4/19/10 11:23:29PM   

theruler_

MMA Regular

theruler_ Avatar

Career:47-28
Chips:
sounds awesome. i would love to see them add an "old rules" option, to compliment some of the classic fighters i believe they are bringing in.

Post #5   4/20/10 12:54:33AM   

TheGodfather1024

MMA Regular

TheGodfather1024 Avatar

Career:199-119
Chips:
can't wait to play it....it will be better than the EA Sports game

Post #6   4/20/10 1:56:11AM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Career:681-411
Chips:
the sub system is ALL stick rotation now, button mashing does nothing.

Personally, Im not interested in weighins and prefight press confrences, I just want to fight without haveing to skip screens for 2 minutes.

Post #7   4/20/10 6:26:07AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,296-1,214
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by BeeR

I just want to fight without haveing to skip screens for 2 minutes.

This. The amount of saving and screen skipping in the last game was enough to drive me crazy.

Post #8   4/20/10 8:13:56AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Chips:

Posted by theruler_

sounds awesome. i would love to see them add an "old rules" option, to compliment some of the classic fighters i believe they are bringing in.

This too.
The game will feature tournement mode,but the UFC has not done tournements in so long that this mode of gameplay should feature the old rules.

Post #9   4/20/10 2:38:27PM   

MMA_Alex

MMA Regular

Career:628-325
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Posted by mrsmiley

I found quiet a few videos from gametrailers,via youtube showcasing a lot of what we can expect from Undisputed 2010. Just youtube UFC undisputed 2010 demsostrations and it should pop up. I just wanted to share a few thoughts about the tech video's since the demo is suppose to come out this week I believe.

1. Wow! Just wow! the career mode looks very indepth this time around. It even includes Dana's video blogs! You start off in small time promotions (WFA inparticular) and eventually work your way up to UFC status. If you happen to slip along the way however, you may get cut and have to prove yourself worthy of stepping back inside the UFC's octagon by taking on more local talent.

2. Preset names. Yes! This time your just not limited to calling yourself "Doctor" or "Big Nasty" or whatever cornball cheese names 09 coughed up. Your fighter gets his own voice as well. Overall the custimazation for CAF's looks much more elaborate this time around.

3. 2010 features pre-fight weigh-ins with stare downs. You fully have control of how your character reacts to his competition during the weight results. That's awesome! I loved the demonstration showing your character backstage with mark Laimon while your getting your hands taped up as he tells you to take deep breaths.. That is a great way of fully immersing the player into the experince.

4. The actual gameplay features much more control and options during a match. This game will offer much more to master this time around.

5. Okay it's time for the one flaw (and maybe its not as bad as i'm thinking it will be), but the submission system seems virtually unchanged from last years game. The only difference seems to be the camera zooms in on who is winning the struggle. Other than that,I haven't seen anything else other than you can transistion from one submission to another. If this is the truth,then it's just unacceptable.

I can't believe you didn't mention the actual creation of fighters now. I just checked out a bunch of the videos on youtube and you actually assign specific moves to your buttons now instead of just having an overall "boxing" striking and "wrestling" grappling.

Also, there's actually decay in your skills if you just leave them alone in training in career mode (which will also help curb people from building uber-fighters).

As for the submission game, the actual submissions are much more intuitive now without the very static tiers they used to have, and having the ability to switch a submission is pretty awesome. Plus, they have way more submissions available now with you getting to choose them when you create a fighter.

I am SO looking forward to this game now that I've seen these videos!

Post #10   4/20/10 3:29:13PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Chips:

Posted by MMA_Alex

Posted by mrsmiley

I can't believe you didn't mention the actual creation of fighters now. I just checked out a bunch of the videos on youtube and you actually assign specific moves to your buttons now instead of just having an overall "boxing" striking and "wrestling" grappling.

Also, there's actually decay in your skills if you just leave them alone in training in career mode (which will also help curb people from building uber-fighters).

As for the submission game, the actual submissions are much more intuitive now without the very static tiers they used to have, and having the ability to switch a submission is pretty awesome. Plus, they have way more submissions available now with you getting to choose them when you create a fighter.

I am SO looking forward to this game now that I've seen these videos!

Well I didn't want to make the post too long so I just mentioned how elaborate custimazation was. I'm really hoping the sub system proves me wrong though!

Post #11   4/20/10 6:39:55PM   

slapshot

In Full Mount

slapshot Avatar

Career:509-316
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
I herd someone say the demo came out for PS3 today, can anyone confirm that, Ive yet to update my firmware but if the Demo is out I might think about it.

Last edited 4/21/10 1:04PM server time by slapshot
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #12   4/21/10 1:03:21PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Chips:

Posted by slapshot

I herd someone say the demo came out for PS3 today, can anyone confirm that, Ive yet to update my firmware but if the Demo is out I might think about it.

it's suppose to come out tomorrow,though hopefully it's up in the wee,wee, hours of the morning. I'll double check though.

Post #13   4/21/10 6:25:00PM   

RiseUp21

MMA Regular

RiseUp21 Avatar

Career:242-141
Chips:
TANGO SUCKA !!

Post #14   4/22/10 3:40:57PM   

the_01

MMA Regular

the_01 Avatar

Career:487-358
Chips:
I dont think the difference from 2009 is much, just some graphical, and drama change, otherwise, its virtually the same. In my openion, if you have already spent a fortune on 2009, you might as well stick with it and maybe buy it on 2011.
On the other hand, if you have money you dont know what to do with, go ahead, have fun, its you choice at the end. Thanx.

Post #15   4/22/10 5:10:11PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2