Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

wtf?????? WWE comes to Strikeforce (No spoilers)

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

KaibaThedon

T H E D O N

KaibaThedon Avatar

Career:1,762-939
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
super unprofessional display !! lol

WW: Rush, Natural Born Killer, Ares, Hitman, Maia
LW: Jim Miller, Smooth, Khabib Eagle
FW: Aldo, Do Bronx, Answer
BW: Cruz, Mayday, One Punch, Barao

Post #16   4/18/10 12:50:25AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
I turned off the broadcast before this happened. Just watched the video. I'm disgusted, but not surprised. And I was starting to like Gil Melendez. I guess you can't expect any sort of class from the Cesar Gracie camp.

Post #17   4/18/10 12:52:46AM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Kinda wondering why cbs didnt cut to commercial.

Post #18   4/18/10 1:01:02AM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,916-1,093
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
When a hockey fight happens, do they cut to commercial? When a batter storms the mound, do they cut to commercial? When Ron Artest goes nuts on Detroit fans, do they cut to commercial?

Then why should they cut to commercial when a fight happens in MMA? It was a stupid thing to happen, but it isn't the end of the world and isn't some horrible damning thing for MMA.

Post #19   4/18/10 1:13:05AM   

vinny_cro_cop_q

MMA Regular

vinny_cro_cop_q Avatar

Career:181-138
Chips:
Utter bs. There needs to be serious repercussions. I'm talking fines from the State Athletic Commission, possible pulling of licenses. Make anexample out? of these idiots. To show that "These Types of things DON'T happen... in MMA. Nor are they tolerated.

I agree with this comment completely.

Post #20   4/18/10 1:15:27AM   

pdanke

MMA Regular

pdanke Avatar

Career:1,537-1,011
Camp: The Tokyo Bacon Wolves
Chips:
"Gentlemen, you're on national television!"

"Gentlemen, you're on national television!"

Great month for MMA....

Post #21   4/18/10 1:17:24AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
Seem similar to another incident involving Cesar Gracie guys a few years ago? This one's not their fault either is it?

Post #22   4/18/10 1:53:50AM   

TimW001

MMA Sensei

TimW001 Avatar

Career:724-436
Chips:
Miller just wanted attention.

Post #23   4/18/10 2:45:58AM   

gcraig22

MMA Regular

gcraig22 Avatar

Career:617-408
Chips:
Mayhem just wanted to hype up a future rematch with Shields. The entire Gracie Camp acted like thugs. They all jumped on Mayhem. They wonder why no one likes them? UFC needs to make an example out of Nate Diaz since he was the only one of theirs in the fight.

Post #24   4/18/10 3:32:18AM   

RearNakedJoke

In Full Mount

RearNakedJoke Avatar

Career:1,226-867
Chips:
2 exciting moments in the entire show.

1) hendo landing that big punch and shields falling on his face, recovering and grabbing a leg lock.

2) the brawl after the fight was over. WTH was that all about? why bother to cut away if your going to show a replay anyways?

Mayhem was out of line interupting like that but for shields and his team to jump him was ridiculous! atleast Shields apologized for reacting poorly.

watching melendez humiliate aoki was great though.

Post #25   4/18/10 4:43:45AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,518-886
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

well lets just hope many of the viewers turned the channel after the fight was over, because that doesnt help the sport at all.

I dont think I've seen anything happen like that in the ufc, but it has happened in elitexc and now SF both times with diaz's/cesar gracie.

Wait, if dana has a smiley face on his twitter, does that mean he was watching the fights? lol

It did happen once before in the UFC.
As I mentioned above,in the Cabbage/Tank fight Cabbage flipped off Tank,then all hell broke loose. Rogan was cussing over the microphone as a mob stormed the octagon,Liddell Jumped in ready to swing and a damn near riot insued. I'm not sure which one was worse between the two but I'm about ready to pop in my UFC Revolution DVD and compare.

Post #26   4/18/10 8:56:02AM   

mshalosky

Standup Guy

mshalosky Avatar

Career:362-216
Chips:
Im sad to say today that I am a huge nick diaz fan. His actions outside the cage(well his fights) are extrmely disrespectful. He is a terrific fighter but thats it, I have no respect for him as a man. That being said the Ufc should be praising nate diaz not suspending him. There is a good chance 3 strikeforce champions will be suspended. One may leave all together.

Post #27   4/18/10 11:19:41AM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,492-882
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

I don't even care. That was the best and most exciting thing all night. Made my night. It wasn't classy or respectful, or anything for MMA to be proud of. But neither were any of the fights . That was the best action all night so I give it a free pass. It's not like it could make MMA look any worse then the fights already did. It's not really anybody's fault, just bad style match ups.

I disagree about none of the fights being something that MMA could be proud of....

I thought that all three of the main fights were very skillfully fought and showed the fighters' hearts to not quit.

Post #28   4/18/10 12:20:47PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by ncordless

When a hockey fight happens, do they cut to commercial? When a batter storms the mound, do they cut to commercial? When Ron Artest goes nuts on Detroit fans, do they cut to commercial?

Then why should they cut to commercial when a fight happens in MMA? It was a stupid thing to happen, but it isn't the end of the world and isn't some horrible damning thing for MMA.

I see your logic, but you're not exactly factoring into the equation the general acceptance level of MMA. Hockey, baseball, basketball, and football are much more generally accepted in public perception. Incidents like this one in those sports are considered isolated incidents whereas in MMA people just can't wait to point the finger and say that is what the sport is all about. Whether it's true or not- you know MMA has its enemies.

Just thought I'd throw that counter point in there even though I'm sure you already know it.

Post #29   4/18/10 1:17:22PM   

Caesarrrr

Standup Guy

Career:77-70
Chips:
I'm disgusted.

As to why CBS showed the reply of it, I wouldn't be surprised if they did it for the drama and controversy that it could cause, they don't genuinely care about the sport itself.

As for the fight, that was the worst thing I've ever seen. What is strikeforce doing? Why would they let whoever come into the cage? I've seen in the UFC fighters going over to the other fighters corner being stopped by the ref, making sure that a brawl doesn't break out, is it that hard for SF to do the same? come on.

Post #30   4/18/10 3:13:43PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3