Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Dana Announces Chael vs Anderson

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Bloodhound

Standup Guy

Bloodhound Avatar

Career:1,054-599
Chips:
bad match up for Chael...Chael can definetly not strike with Silva and on the ground Chael has been known to get caught in submissions and Silva has a very good guard...i do think Silva wins but Chael will not come out like cote or leites or maia...i do think eh will put up a fight

Post #16   4/14/10 10:36:26PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,849-1,024
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

I said something about him getting cut in a previous thread.....does the PG think that would be the right course of action? I personally do as it would serve as a lesson to future fighters for generations!

personally i dont, unless the UFC wants strikeforce to have the top 2 p4p fighters in the world.

I can gurantee that if anderson got cut after doing the same thing, he would have a string of 1rst round Knockouts in whatever organization he signed with. Bad Mojo: just because he isnt putting on exciting fights for you, it does not mean he wont put on exciting fights for someone else.

As far as business, cutting Anderson would be the absolute worst thing to do, even if hes not making much money for you in the first place.

Post #17   4/14/10 10:41:47PM   

vinny_cro_cop_q

MMA Regular

vinny_cro_cop_q Avatar

Career:181-138
Chips:
WAR SONNEN. i hope we see what he did to Nate times 100. bring the pain to anderson chael

Post #18   4/14/10 11:28:15PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,523-1,604
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Although I think it would serve him right for offending me (the greatest of all time) in his last fight, I am sure that Siva is going to absolutely destroy Sonnen. Silva does better IMO against guys who are very aggressive (Leben, Irvin, Hendo, Griffin) Sonnen would be very aggressive as would Belfort, so in that regards I think they would end up on the wrong side of the Silva Love/Hate Pendulum.

Post #19   4/14/10 11:57:58PM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva

sonnen is the poor man's hendo and we all know what happened there sonnen is gonna get subbed if not koed silvas sprawl is looking better all the time I'm hoping for a flying knee ko myself we almost had it in the maia fight

i don't think there is anything similiar about Sonnen & Hendo other than they both have a wrestling background. If Sonnen was wearing a Hendo suit I would know it wasn't Hendo & vice versa.

I just don't know if they make Hendo's suits so i might be a little confused if that were to happen.

Post #20   4/15/10 12:24:48AM   

GSPCanada

Standup Guy

Career:637-415
Chips:
This doesn't matter anderson might showboat first because sonnen has talked soooooo much trash, and as much as all of u want to see if dana will cut anderson I have a good feeling anderson wants to see if he will too

they can't cut him. first of all the mw division is 2 weak and not to mention sf would have the best 2 middleweights, on top of that if they cut him on sunday anderson would be signed by monday and fedor and anderson would be announced tuesday and that fight could make more money than any ufc fight

Post #21   4/15/10 12:40:37AM   

TimW001

MMA Sensei

TimW001 Avatar

Career:724-436
Chips:

Posted by chickmagnet

OH YES!
Mark my words new MW Champ. Chael Sonnen

Post #22   4/15/10 12:58:02AM   

gcraig22

MMA Regular

gcraig22 Avatar

Career:617-408
Chips:
Sonnen isn't a poor mans Hendo. Hendo got real cocky with his right hand and forgot how he won most of his fights. Sonnen takes everyone down at will. Silva got taken down and mounted by Travis Lutter and will get taken down by Sonnen just as easy.

Post #23   4/15/10 12:58:40AM   

spikerman19

Standup Guy

spikerman19 Avatar

Career:266-174
Camp: Norcal Fight Team
Chips:
Just Like Maia.

Post #24   4/15/10 1:04:34AM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
I almost thought the antics by Silva were to test White into cutting him. I got the hunch that Silva wants to move on to other things and the champion clause is keeping him where he doesn't want to be.

Post #25   4/15/10 1:57:01AM   

hate4thestate

In Full Mount

hate4thestate Avatar

Career:1,279-810
Camp: JTV All-Stars
Chips:
i for one personally hope he kinda gets cut. strikeforce will pick him up quick.:) mousasi-silva, diaz-silva, maybe fedor-silva, hendo silva II, shields-silva.

Post #26   4/15/10 4:08:23AM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
Anderson knows Chaels gameplan to take him down. Vs Okami, he used standup pressure and g n p to win, vs Nate all ground. Silva has better standup Chael is a great wrestler. I think he will get Silva down and make this a ground war. I think Chael has a chance and im rooting for him. If I were Chael I would try to finish in the first or as soon as possible. Being on top of Silva is dangerous, and strikes or subs could stop Chael even if he's on top.
Vitor or GSP would have me more excited.

Last edited 4/15/10 6:41AM server time by icantthinkofanything
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #27   4/15/10 6:39:34AM   

MMA-San

In Full Mount

MMA-San Avatar

Career:977-716
Camp: PLAYGROUND REJECTS
Chips:
Silva wont be able to dance around the cage with Sonnen in there. Still hope to see a GSP fight. But dang, Sonnen will take the fight to him. He may lose, but damnit he'll fight!

Post #28   4/15/10 7:39:33AM   

ianinspain

MMA Regular

ianinspain Avatar

Career:754-517
Chips:
A few points

- Anderson is not bigger than the UFC and thats the bottom line. When David Beckham left Manchester United the club did not stop (I am sure there are similar comparisons in the US). The UFC would not end if he went elsewhere and maybe we would get some entertaining fights. Put it this way would you rather see Anderson messing about and not engaging or see Diego and Clay go at it? There are plenty of good match ups in the UFC with out Anderson.

- Is GSP a better wrestler than Chael? Why is GSP any more likely to take him down given the size and strength difference? GSPs take down set ups are great but Chael is not exactly a slouch in that dept!

I can see Chael bringing it to Anderson and certainly taking him down....once on the floor who knows.....

Post #29   4/15/10 8:06:57AM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Posted by jae_1833

I said something about him getting cut in a previous thread.....does the PG think that would be the right course of action? I personally do as it would serve as a lesson to future fighters for generations!

personally i dont, unless the UFC wants strikeforce to have the top 2 p4p fighters in the world.

I can gurantee that if anderson got cut after doing the same thing, he would have a string of 1rst round Knockouts in whatever organization he signed with. Bad Mojo: just because he isnt putting on exciting fights for you, it does not mean he wont put on exciting fights for someone else.

As far as business, cutting Anderson would be the absolute worst thing to do, even if hes not making much money for you in the first place.

Agreed, he would run right through strikeforce in impressive fashion. But some of the people I talk to still like Anderson. Some people are going as far as to say it was just Silva showing how much better he was then maia cuz he couldn't touch him and they thought that was an impressive win

But Chael gets stopped late in the 1st or in the 2nd. He might get the takedown but he probably won't do anything after it. It's one thing to be able to keep Anderson on his back, but another to actually do something there. Hendo could control him but thats it, once he made a mistake he tapped. So Chael either gets murdered on the feet or submitted early. You know he's going to piss Silva off, so R.I.P Chael Sonnen.

Post #30   4/15/10 8:38:13AM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3