Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

So is GSP fighting Anderson?

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
Oh MMA-San that had the Rock vs Stone Cold written all over it. You even called him the "people's champ"

Post #16   4/13/10 6:19:22PM   

MMA-San

In Full Mount

MMA-San Avatar

Career:977-716
Camp: PLAYGROUND REJECTS
Chips:
I even had that example written down, I then decided to go back and delete it.

Post #17   4/13/10 8:06:12PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:
Aww man, I'd have propped you if you'd manned up and made the reference. I swear that's the first thing that popped into my mind when I read that post.

Post #18   4/13/10 8:07:30PM   

RiseUp21

MMA Regular

RiseUp21 Avatar

Career:242-141
Chips:
I don't think it should be for the title (if at 170). GSP already had the lose-lose situation when Penn came back up to challenge him for the belt. If Penn won, he would have two belts, and would have beat the champ at a heavier weight class. If GSP won, he wouldn't have earned a new belt, he was supposed to win due to size, and he would have lost it all had he lost. Silva would have the same effect in this title fight at 170. If Silva won, he was supposed to, and would now hold two belts. And if GSP won, which most people think he wouldn't due to weight, he wouldn't earn a new belt.

If its at 185, it should be for the belt, like Penn and GSP II.

The other thing, when Dan Hendo held 2 belts at the same time at Pride, he held the lighter belt first and then got the belt at the higher weight class. Silva would be doing the opposite if this fight at 170 was for the belt, and thats just lame in my opinion.

/rant

Post #19   4/14/10 1:11:55PM   

5ilvia1

Learning to Sprawl

5ilvia1 Avatar

Career:127-83
Chips:
i think people are complicating it more than it should be. Two title holders meeting at a catchweight right in the middle. Cut plain and simple no need for one or the other going to another weight class. Thats #1.
And #2 whoever thinks anderson should fight Brock is just living in the clouds. Thats a matchup that a videogame couldnt even put together. Granted there are some in the heavyweight division that would be interesting to see Silva fight, but those are definitely on the lighter end of the spectrum of the HW division.
GSP has to happen next... Why? Because nobody wants to see Anderson fight anymore and a fight with GSP is the only way he'll sell tickets.
A fight with GSP is inevitable and regardless of the terrible display Anderson put on in Abu Dhabi, fighting GSP and winning would be the only way for Silva to win any fans back and put his own country back to supporting him.
Anybody disagree?

Post #20   4/14/10 2:16:18PM   

5ilvia1

Learning to Sprawl

5ilvia1 Avatar

Career:127-83
Chips:
BTW i retract my statement of the GSP fight needing to happen at a catchweight because what would happen to the WW title and MW title... what exactly would the winner win?? now im a bit confused..

Post #21   4/14/10 2:19:07PM   

chickmagnet

MMA Sensei

chickmagnet Avatar

Career:529-344
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
At 170 Andersdon would get beat up. That is far too big of a weight cut. Anderson isnt a small guy. I saw him up close at UFC 102, and he has a big frame. The weigh cut would hurt him...

Post #22   4/14/10 2:25:40PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:
are you kidding me Anderson is a rather big dude. He came out here for a meet greet during his fight layoff, so he was hanging around at his normal walking wait, I was sort of impressed with exactly how big the dude. I'll try to find a picture on my computer from that day.

Post #23   4/14/10 4:58:17PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2