Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dana White is pissed at the Spider

Print  
  Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:923-654
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:

"UFC 112 Results: Dana White Says He Was Embarrassed By Anderson Silva's Performance
In the UFC 112 main event Anderson Silva retained his welterweight title with a shameful display of taunting and refusal to engage. For the first two rounds Anderson was able to hit challenger Demian Maia at will, taunting him and blasting him to the legs, body and head. Maia was unable to get close enough to land a punch or try for a takedown to get the fight into his world.

Suddenly a switch seemed to flip for Silva in the third round and he began circling, unloading with far more taunts than strikes. He seemed uninterested in finishing off the clearly outclassed challenger and one got the sense that he was looking to drag the fight out to a decision."

Video

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports

Post #1   4/11/10 9:01:30AM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Career:681-411
Chips:
middleweight title

Post #2   4/11/10 12:11:52PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
Someone should apologize to Maia, he tried getting inside and doing everything to make that exciting, he didn't pull Thales, he made andy run away. Anderson was acting like an idiot challengeing him and what did he do? Nadda for three rounds, I would have just given the belt to Maia, that'll shut andy up.

Post #3   4/11/10 12:39:52PM   

D0wnUnd6e6r

Waka / Jawaka

D0wnUnd6e6r Avatar

Career:2,403-1,394
Chips:
IIIIIIII don't know maaaaaaaaan, i repsect and like anderson and all, he's been one of my favorites to watch for a while now. But yesterday, at some moments, i did call out the name (as probably alot of my fellow playgrounders did) Kalib Silva.

Post #4   4/11/10 12:55:09PM   

spikerman19

Standup Guy

spikerman19 Avatar

Career:266-174
Camp: Norcal Fight Team
Chips:
Silva is a huge superstar, with that said, cut him, take his title, I dont think he cares about fighting. Keeping him as champ only will reflect poorly on the UFC.

Post #5   4/11/10 1:01:32PM   

RhythmAndStyle

Straight Flexin'

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:3,760-2,300
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
u guy should know already that when Silva defends the belt..he's just gonna do that..defend..he said it before that when it's a title fight..it's not gonna be exciting..since he's not gonna risk losin the belt..that's why his non-title fights are more excitin(LHW)..there's no point in being mad at him..don't expect a hot bout from him in MW...

Post #6   4/11/10 1:05:38PM   

BigIP

Standup Guy

BigIP Avatar

Career:43-35
Chips:
While watching the Silva fight I kept thinking it's the UFC's fault for setting up this fight. I knew this would happen. Silva does not appear to be a violent person and he just can't destroy an inferior opponent so he just 'puts on a show' which nobody enjoys except him. That's my take...

Post #7   4/11/10 1:07:43PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

u guy should know already that when Silva defends the belt..he's just gonna do that..defend..he said it before that when it's a title fight..it's not gonna be exciting..since he's not gonna risk losin the belt..that's why his non-title fights are more excitin(LHW)..there's no point in being mad at him..don't expect a hot bout from him in MW...

Dumbest thing i've ever heard. I hope he didn't really say that.

Post #8   4/11/10 1:09:48PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:4,877-2,686
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

He also said that is was the result of ring rust. I wouldn't put too much stock in what he says. He's obviously got something to prove or some statement to make. Whether he lets the rest of the world in on his motives, that's to be seen.

Post #9   4/11/10 1:28:42PM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:923-654
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
Silva is a big disapointment to me.
Silva should have hit Maia after that knee and ended it, but he would not even risk standing near maia while maia was down. As soon as he won 3 rounds, he ran like Kaleb. I dont think Silva is a violent person, but his goal should be to finish in round 1 or 2, because he can. DW may feed Anderson to Lesnar or another good HW for the wild antics followed by no action.
I think GSP could handle Silva at WW. Silva has good takedown defense, but no one at 170 can stop a GSP takedown. I would question Silva's gas tank at 170, and pick GSP to win. I hope Silva fights either Jon Jones, GSP, Cain, Mir or another good HW.

Post #10   4/11/10 1:32:48PM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:865-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:
no words for that fight.....i had some friends over for to watch "live" mma for the first time and I was embarassed.

I was trying to explain away his antics but finally had to just say, "he's just being a punk now. there must be something going on behind the scenes and he's trying to prove some sort of point or something"

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports

Post #11   4/11/10 2:08:23PM   

RyanC

MMA Sensei

RyanC Avatar

Career:472-317
Camp: Journalistas
Chips:
Most embarassing and classless display since Brock Lesnar.

Post #12   4/11/10 2:13:40PM   

GSPCanada

Standup Guy

Career:637-415
Chips:
Dana needs to be careful with his words. I have a feeling Anderson is upset at someone for something and he is making a statement possibly, and if dana pisses em off he might just keep doing it.

I think however this is a result of the ufc not allowing the big fight to happen, u keep throwing in these heavy underdogs saying "dont sleep on this guy, dont sleep on this guy, if he does this if he can do that he'll shock the world. we all knew maia was a huge underdog...so why put him in there. at the end of the day iron sharpens iron, if ur not willing to put the best guys infront of them then ur not gonna get the best of them give em gsp, give em couture give em brock, give him what he wants

classless nonetheless, but my point is there is a solution, u think andersonwould do that in a rematch w hendo?

Post #13   4/11/10 2:49:21PM   

RyanC

MMA Sensei

RyanC Avatar

Career:472-317
Camp: Journalistas
Chips:

Posted by GSPCanada

Dana needs to be careful with his words. I have a feeling Anderson is upset at someone for something and he is making a statement possibly, and if dana pisses em off he might just keep doing it.

Anderson Silva needs the UFC a lot more than the UFC needs Anderson. Dana doesn't need to worry about pissing Anderson off. Silva should be worried that Dana is pissed off. If he wants a challenge I imagine that Dana is going to pull out all the stops to make his life as a fighter much more difficult. There may not be anyone that really challenges him, but I have a feeling Dana and the UFC brass are going to come up with something since Anderson thinks this is all so easy.

Personally I'm quite certain that Anderson did what he did last night to say "This is the best you've got?" I think it was completely un-called for but that's what he was saying IMO.

Post #14   4/11/10 2:58:25PM   

tepid55

MMA Sensei

tepid55 Avatar

Career:5,407-3,129
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
This is a perfect example of why MMA should be matched up like boxing. The fighters would actualy have some control over who they will and won't fight.

Post #15   4/11/10 3:01:21PM   

Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4