Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Demian Maia says he was “sworn at and disrespected” during his middleweight title fight with Anderson Silva at UFC 112

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

SpiderSilva

Living legend

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:2,303-1,485
Chips:

Posted by chickmagnet

Posted by SpiderSilva

why be mad at a fighter that can make anyone look bad and just to remind everyone going and saying vitorcan defeat anderson his style plays into silvas they need to stop giving silva guys who fall on their back i remember maia saying that he wouldn't do that after the leties fight well he did and was punished for it
silva is still the P4P champ and rogen spilled the beans for 117

GSP won be fighting Silva as far as rumors go, due to Dana Whites aggravation.

that fight would make the ufc soooooo much $$$$ the ufc can't pass up the opertunity that would ne the highest gtossing ppv ever

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #16   4/11/10 2:10:13PM   

State_Champ

"I love you, my bitches!"

State_Champ Avatar

Career:2,289-1,424
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by vinny_cro_cop_q

I cant explain how disgusted I am by all of this. I dont know if any of you seen or heard what Silva was saying about MAIA DISRESPECTING HIM, but this proves hes eatin his own words. Along with what Silva displayed for the 5 rounds, but to swear and shout at your opponent? Youre a complete disgrace. Yeah this might be fighting bashing but I dont really care. I for one refuse to ever watch an Anderson fight.

It always amazes me how differently individuals view things...
I thought the MW title fight was boring, but I also thought Anderson was hilarious! He made Maia look like a fool imo and it was funny for the most part imo.

Post #17   4/11/10 2:16:37PM   

Ydoc

Belt Contender

Ydoc Avatar

Career:1,371-849
Camp: Camp David
Chips:
Although I wish Silva ended it I do believe he was making a point about how much of a mismatch this was by not. I couldn't believe they made this fight after Nate tooled Maia with his stand up.

Post #18   4/11/10 3:46:56PM   

tmas

Simply the best!

tmas Avatar

Career:1,469-1,113
Chips:

Posted by Hendo67

Posted by SpiderSilva

why be mad at a fighter that can make anyone look bad and just to remind everyone going and saying vitorcan defeat anderson his style plays into silvas they need to stop giving silva guys who fall on their back i remember maia saying that he wouldn't do that after the leties fight well he did and was punished for it

Gotta love the Silva bias...

um he stated fact Anderson Silva is still the best fighter in the world .

Post #19   4/11/10 4:40:34PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-506
Chips:
rofl, did you only read that last sentence orrrr.....?

Also, how is that a FACT? That's an opinion, not a fact. A fact is something that is objectively true. Anderson Silva being "the best fighter in the world" isn't a fact.

Personally I think Fedor is the best fighter in the world, and I think there's a lot of other people who would agree.

Last edited 4/11/10 8:03PM server time by Aether
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #20   4/11/10 4:50:55PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by tmas

Posted by Hendo67

Posted by SpiderSilva

Gotta love the Silva bias...

um he stated fact Anderson Silva is still the best fighter in the world .

Based on his dance skillzzzzz? Because he hasn't been able to put away guys like Thales and Damian...I can't wait to hear people scream he could of finished them easily, well guess what, he didn't. Andy, and GSP are boring, BJ although it was iffy he lost, Fedor hasn't lost and finishes. Unless you rank GSP or Fedor on top of the #4# I won't listen, andy's an embarassment to the sport the way he's fighting. He's not Ali, he's not putting Foreman away with a cool new stratagy, he's tireing himself out dancing with a guy who 2 people had to get injured before he got the shot.

Last edited 4/11/10 7:15PM server time by cmill21

Post #21   4/11/10 7:14:32PM   

Hendo67

MMA Sensei

Hendo67 Avatar

Career:1,066-730
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by vinny_cro_cop_q

I cant explain how disgusted I am by all of this. I dont know if any of you seen or heard what Silva was saying about MAIA DISRESPECTING HIM, but this proves hes eatin his own words. Along with what Silva displayed for the 5 rounds, but to swear and shout at your opponent? Youre a complete disgrace. Yeah this might be fighting bashing but I dont really care. I for one refuse to ever watch an Anderson fight.

It always amazes me how differently individuals view things...
I thought the MW title fight was boring, but I also thought Anderson was hilarious! He made Maia look like a fool imo and it was funny for the most part imo.

If you though that fight was fun, i suggest watching Dancing with the Stars, you'll love it.

Post #22   4/11/10 7:33:37PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-506
Chips:
or go to a playground and watch an angry bully pushing around someone smaller than him.

That's pretty much what Anderson was doing. Being an arrogant bully. He wasn't concerned with doing the job he is paid to do (fighting), he was concerned with demeaning and embarrassing his opponent, which is what children do, not adults. It's also pretty much the complete antithesis of what Martial Arts are about.

Last edited 4/11/10 7:59PM server time by Aether

Post #23   4/11/10 7:58:53PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2