Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Anderson Silva

Print  
  Page 6 of 6   <<   3     4     5     6  
Posted By Message

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,667-904
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

You're telling me he couldn't have put Maia away in either round 1 or 2?

No, I think he could have. But for the first two rounds, his trash-talking seemed to keep the audience on his side.

I think he's forgotten that we don't mind the trash-talking and disrespectful teasing if he follows through with a KO.

Post #76   4/16/10 6:49:45PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
Which he made no attempt to do. That's the major gripe of everyone here. His antics of dancing around and acting like a "jackass" when everyone in the world knows he could finish that fight. Why extend a fight 5 rounds when you could end it without problem? It makes no sense. I'm sure the leg kicks were a large reason Coté couldn't finish the fight, however, the Ali shuffle during the fight proving his point to Coté was what pissed people off. I had a group of friends over watching their first MMA fight during the Coté-Silva fight and they left not wanting to watch another fight because he just look disinterested in being there. I managed to convince them to give it another shot but I will say this if those same people had come over to watch MMA for the first time after Coté and Leites for the Maia fight, I wouldn't have even tried to convince them a second time.

Post #77   4/16/10 6:57:02PM   

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,667-904
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Which he made no attempt to do. That's the major gripe of everyone here. His antics of dancing around and acting like a "jackass" when everyone in the world knows he could finish that fight. Why extend a fight 5 rounds when you could end it without problem? It makes no sense.

And this is why I agreed with ncordless in my first post: What's going in Silva's head? Doesn't he realize the audience loves the KO?

I don't think anybody has a problem with a round of jackassery, and most people may be able to handle two rounds, but as I said before, he doesn't know when antics stop pleasing the crowd and start becoming more than just annoying. The boxing-like jackassery Silva pulled in the Griffin fight, for instance, was paired with a KO, so most people didn't mind.

Post #78   4/16/10 7:10:12PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:
True, and this thread has been going so long that I forget who posted what. I completely agree with you. Although, I will say, even a round of jackassery by Silva is too much at this point unless it's followed by a devastating KO.

Post #79   4/16/10 7:45:40PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
I think next fight out he has to be all business or people will be all over him. And Chael will take him down and beat the piss outta him if he's messing around.

Post #80   4/16/10 9:22:22PM   

JoeWarren33

MMA Sensei

JoeWarren33 Avatar

Career:2,164-1,334
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Hey AETHER!!!
You were arguing with my friend and I quote you saying this

uhhh the Diaz brothers really have never come close to what Anderson did tonight, you're dreaming.

......Would you like to reply now, AFTER THE brawl????

Last edited 4/19/10 4:21PM server time by joewarren33
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #81   4/19/10 3:27:09PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:

Posted by JoeWarren33

Hey AETHER!!!
You were arguing with my friend and I quote you saying this

uhhh the Diaz brothers really have never come close to what Anderson did tonight, you're dreaming.

......Would you like to reply now, AFTER THE brawl????

You might have just been caught there Aether. Props to Joe for being so quick with the comeback.

Post #82   4/20/10 6:26:16PM   

Page 6 of 6   <<   3     4     5     6