Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Anderson Silva

Print  
  Page 5 of 6   <<   2     3     4     5     6  
Posted By Message

noahgenda

Standup Guy

noahgenda Avatar

Career:315-179
Chips:
look guys, what it comes down to is that whether or not you like it, silva did his job pretty well in all actuality. he wants to win the fight and take as little damage as possible. done and done. if youre fighting someone like leithes or maia the best way to do that is by doing what he did, when you fight an aggressive striker the best way to do it is keep your movement up but try and end the fight as early as you can. he is still the best fighter in the world, he just hardly has to fight to prove it. these bjj guys with no wrestling will never be dominant in the sport again

Post #61   4/15/10 12:41:36PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
I feel like people are missing the point in some regards, though-

What I'm most pissed about is the fact that he did act like a complete jackass but then had the balls to say he did it because Demian disrespected him. You can't say someone disrespected you and you don't like it and then go in there and act a fool and talk wayyyyyy more trash than he ever did and not come off as a hypocrite. That's my biggest issue- how he's playing the blame game. I think it's just weak and completely unnecessary.

Trash talking absolutely happens in fights. I'm all for it. I love it when guys talk trash. Dan Hardy cracks me up. But don't get all pissy because a guy said he's going to submit you and justify yourself acting like an idiot because you felt insulted. I mean that's just... I don't even know. I'd expect that from a 6 year old. Honestly. If you're a trash talker I will support your right to do that 1,000 times over. But if you make a mockery of the sport and then blame it on the fact that your feelings were hurt? Ppppppllllleeeaaassseeeee!!! Act like a damn adult.

Post #62   4/15/10 2:01:30PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
I don't wanna act like an adult, Jackelope. You've hurt my feelings. I'm only gonna post 2 out of every 5 topics from here on out. Don't worry, my computer will tell you it's Type Rust.

Seriously, that's what I have been trying to say the entire time. Silva is bitching because Maia said he was gonna "grab ahold of one of the Spider's 8 limbs and make him tap." I will restate what I said earlier, what was he supposed to say pre-fight? "I plan to let him kick my ass?" No, he's a BJJ expert, he's going to say that he will beat Silva using his strength. It's not like Maia said he was gonna knock Silva the f*ck out...

Something I have been telling other people is this...before Couture and Coleman fought they interviewed the both of them side by side, and each person said they were gonna knock the other one out. Neither one of them acted like a "disruptive 6th grader" and whined about it. They handled themselves like dignified adults and professional fighters both before, during, and after the fight. But they both said they were gonna destroy each other. They didn't have their feelings hurt.

Post #63   4/15/10 5:16:15PM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,499-886
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

.......Something I have been telling other people is this...before Couture and Coleman fought they interviewed the both of them side by side, and each person said they were gonna knock the other one out. Neither one of them acted like a "disruptive 6th grader" and whined about it. They handled themselves like dignified adults and professional fighters both before, during, and after the fight. But they both said they were gonna destroy each other. They didn't have their feelings hurt.

Do mummies even have feelings?

Post #64   4/15/10 11:58:44PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:
Kahmunrah and Ahkmenrah did in the Night At The Museum movies...does that count?

Post #65   4/16/10 1:19:48AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,916-1,066
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Kahmunrah and Ahkmenrah did in the Night At The Museum movies...does that count?

And Imhotep from the mummy threw a bunch of fits that could be compared to what anderson did on saturday

Post #66   4/16/10 2:01:44AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:
So, yes...mummies do have feelings and now that I think about it. All three of those Mummies were more proactive about their opponents and conquests than Anderson Silva was on Saturday.

Post #67   4/16/10 2:09:48AM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Chips:
I'm glad we settled that.

Post #68   4/16/10 2:28:54AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:
You posed the question, Champ, we just did the research on the mummies.

Post #69   4/16/10 4:06:00AM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,923-1,097
Chips:
I would like to know what the hell is going on inside Anderson's head. Does he think that those kind of antics are pleasing to the fans? Is he really just trying to win fights with the least chance of getting hurt possible? Is he trying to send some kind of message about wanting bigger fights?

Either way it seems he is going to do whatever the hell he wants to do and is still 11-0 in the UFC.

Post #70   4/16/10 4:16:20AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:
Given his latest antics I believe it's a combination of arrogance, boredom, and knowing that Dana can't afford to release him to a different company. Unless he strips him of the title, it really just comes down to either him losing or retirement. I gotta be honest, when it comes to the middleweight title, it's more than likely gonna be retirement.

Post #71   4/16/10 4:50:49AM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

You posed the question, Champ, we just did the research on the mummies.

And I appreciate the help in my search for the truth

EDIT: I think Dana can end Anderson's antics if he makes/allows Anderson to fight some real, serious opponents such as elite LHWs, GSP, or even HWs. And I would be much more interested in those fights than anny fights he could have at MW (I don't mind seeing him fight Chael and Vitor but I really don't think either of them has much of a chance.

Last edited 4/16/10 10:49AM server time by State_Champ
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #72   4/16/10 10:46:28AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:
I vote Velasquez!

Post #73   4/16/10 2:32:44PM   

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,674-908
Chips:

Posted by ncordless

I would like to know what the hell is going on inside Anderson's head. Does he think that those kind of antics are pleasing to the fans? Is he really just trying to win fights with the least chance of getting hurt possible? Is he trying to send some kind of message about wanting bigger fights?

Either way it seems he is going to do whatever the hell he wants to do and is still 11-0 in the UFC.

This.

Anderson Silva is the greatest mixed martial artist in the world, but he has absolutely no idea how to read an audience. When he should quit showboating, he continues. MMA audiences are extremely fickle: the crowd cheered him on for the first two rounds but turned their backs on him as the fight wore on, but he never stopped and overstepped all limits (especially with moving behind the referee). Against Griffin, whom he teased in a similar way he teased Maia, he recaptured widespread popularity only to waste it on the oddity that happened Saturday.

I refuse to jump off the Silva bandwagon: he disrespected Maia, but I do not think he's in the business of wanting to let down fans.

Against Leites and Cote, I had no problem with the way he executed the fight. Leites did absolutely nothing and his legkicks may have been part of the reason Cote's leg gave out in the third round.

It's amazing to me that Anderson Silva won by doing absolutely nothing. Maia gave up on the fight when he realized that he couldn't execute a takedown (and didn't try to clinch or double-leg or anything), and Silva still did nothing afterwards and took the fight.

Post #74   4/16/10 6:07:51PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:
You're telling me he couldn't have put Maia away in either round 1 or 2?

Post #75   4/16/10 6:38:48PM   

Page 5 of 6   <<   2     3     4     5     6