Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Anderson Silva

Print  
  Page 4 of 6     1     2     3     4     5     6  
Posted By Message

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,492-882
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
Anderson SIlva is my hero!
But I would have liked to see him finish Demian Maia....
Still, I thought Anderson was hilarious against Maia and he made Maia look rather inept.

Last edited 4/11/10 1:57PM server time by State_Champ
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #46   4/11/10 1:54:37PM   

Caesarrrr

Standup Guy

Career:77-70
Chips:

Posted by State_Champ

Still, I thought Anderson was hilarious against Maia and he made Maia look rather inept.

Lets completely disregard the fact that he disrespected Maia as a competitor and made the fight and sport look like some Mockery of WWE. He didn't even give the people of UAE a good finish.

Post #47   4/11/10 7:34:46PM   

Hendo67

MMA Sensei

Hendo67 Avatar

Career:1,066-730
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:

Post #48   4/11/10 7:41:33PM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:
I have been a A. Silva nuthugger from the begining, but I am completely and utterly disgusted with what he did Sat. I would rather never see him fight again if that is what he is going to do. How do you "clown" yourself gassed!?!?!?!? Total lack of respect for his opponent and the sport. It didnt even look like he trained for Maia!!!! I cant believe he would do that against Belfort or GSP....but who knows.

Post #49   4/11/10 7:45:58PM   

TheCatFather

Standup Guy

TheCatFather Avatar

Career:1,951-1,328
Camp: BedlamMMA
Chips:
I was floored by SIlva's dancing and carrying on, I mean the guy still did damage while making and ass of himself. The thing is he is still the champion, he still will get the big dollars for ppv, main event etc but I think he is down to his last strike. I think Dana, even though he is pissed, will try to put together a card with Silva as the main event in hopes that Silva either shows up to fight of gets his ass laid out, but after that we might get free middleweight tittle fights on SPIKE, VS, PBS who knows. SIlva shape up or its undercard status for you.

Post #50   4/12/10 2:25:47AM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,492-882
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by Caesarrrr

Posted by State_Champ

Lets completely disregard the fact that he disrespected Maia as a competitor and made the fight and sport look like some Mockery of WWE. He didn't even give the people of UAE a good finish. .

And I was very disappointed by the lack of finish in the MW title bout, but I don't want to disregard his disrespect of Maia because that's what I found so funny...

Post #51   4/12/10 2:31:44AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
Personally, this was the most disgusting thing I have ever seen in sports to date. I gave myself a couple of days to marinate and mull over what I had watched. I still feel as disgusted now as I did then. I never thought you'd ever hear me say the next words I'm going to type...Dana White is right. I was watching the interviews people had with Dana after the event and he's spot on. How do you sell Silva after this performance? Nobody is going to purchase his fights. I'm not even close to the only person in this forum who has publicly stated that I will not pay for any card of which he a part. You could have Machida on the card and I still wouldn't pay for it. You could have Machida fighting Silva on the card and I wouldn't pay for it. Starnes did this and was immediately released from his contract. I don't even think Starnes made it out of the arena before Dana released him. Sadly, Dana can't release him because a) he's the champ, b) he's too big of a name to allow someone else to acquire, and c) regardless of his antics people still LOVE him. Were he anyone other than a handful of people he would have been out of a job before leaving the UAE. I'm just glad that Dana recognizes these things and wants to please the fans. That crap about Maia disrespecting him is just that, crap. What Maia said was no different than anything else anyone has said pre-fight. Silva just handled it with a lack of maturity. What the hell was Maia supposed to say pre-fight..."I plan to let him knock me out?" Maia's strength is BJJ, of course he's going to say "I plan to grab one of the Spider's 8 limbs and submit him."

Anderson ought to be relegated to prelims or Dana should force him to vacate and step up to 205 full time. Which sort of leads me to my next point, I'm tired of this crap where fighters don't want to fight their friends. Anderson could have some very interesting matchups at 205 but it makes no sense for Dana to make those matchups because Silva won't fight Machida as long as he his champ. Dana should punish Silva by MAKING him fight Machida. It's a fight people, if you can't fight anyone why even bother getting into the business. It seems to me that some of these Brazillians pick and choose who their "countrymen and friends" actually are. I'm not singling out any one specific group of people, I am well aware that Rashad didn't want to fight Jardine, etc..etc.. I'm just saying that this practice as a whole needs to be banned by Dana.

It's really sad that Edgars monumental upset is overshadowed by the garbage that followed his victory. He's the person for whom I feel the worst. Regardless of what you thought of the decision the fact remains he left the UAE with the belt and all anyone cares about is Anderson and his disgusting actions. If I were Frankie Edgar I'd come on record and say Anderson Silva is disrespecting me by attempting to defend those actions post-fight which is stealing my 15 minutes of fame. Edgar has to feel like Allen Iverson "we talking about Silva?" I'd be pissed if I were him. I am pissed.

Post #52   4/13/10 12:41:46AM   

Ordep

Go Falcons!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:

Post #53   4/14/10 7:38:54AM   

4u2nv

Standup Guy

4u2nv Avatar

Career:705-497
Chips:

Posted by Franklinfan47

I, like everyone else, am annoyed at Anderson. Personally, however I dont mind him showboating like he did against Forrest and in the first two rounds against Maia. Rashad, and even Roy Jones Jr in his prime would do the same thing all the time. I've come to appreciate the fact that fighters like Silva can actually dodge the way they do and still get beutiful KOs.

What I dont like is what Anderson did in the last three rounds of the fight, and like he did against Leites and Cote where he is just circling, running, and not engaging his opponent in any way. Like I really dont get where his head is at. He has all this natural talent and ability to put out KOs no one has even heard of, and he wastes it and loses fans (and probably money) in the process. I dont know if his ego is big or what, but like many of you its making me want to see him lose to humble him a bit.

Maybe GSP at 170 would be a good wake up call for him. GSP would be able to get him down, so who knows he could maybe beat him or atleast give him a solid challenge for once.

I just dont like what Silva has become. I dont think Maia disrespected him at all, he just wanted to justify his behaviour somehow so he made that stuff up. He's a liar and a clown imo, and I think I speak for all of us when I say bring back the silva who destroyed Griffin, Leben, and Franklin.

I agree totally. I think it's in part the UFC fault too. They created this monster. They hype him up 24/7, just listen to Joe Ro during his fights. The other fighter never stands a remote chance as soon as he's in the cage with Silva. UFC needs to stop feeding him lesser opponents. At 205 give him those tough scrappy fighters. Thiago Silva, Jon Jones etc...(Tito Ortiz just for the sake of seeing him get destroyed)

Post #54   4/14/10 9:36:28AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:
They might just do that now. Although, I'd hate to see Johnny "Bones" Jones get derailed if Silva takes him out.

Post #55   4/14/10 5:34:09PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,590-1,480
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
bones might be the guy to beat him, at this point i dont know who else has a better chance at least.

as pissed off as i was at the fight on saturday, i have to admit that he really outclasses(physically, not in any other form of the word class) the other guys in the cage with him and thats what allows him to do the ridiculous dancing and stuff. even when he acts like an idiot nobody is laying a hand on him, so maybe hes just like that disruptive kid in class in grade school whose parents believe that "hes just not being challenged". believe me im not trying to defend him, its just that his skill cant be denied. his sanity and class on the other hand.......

Last edited 4/14/10 5:48PM server time by cowcatcher
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #56   4/14/10 5:45:26PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:
Oh, I wholeheartedly agree. His skill set is ridiculous and your analogy of a disruptive grade schooler is the best I've heard of.

Jones could beat him and has the skill-set to do it I'm just saying if he does lose I'd be sad.

Post #57   4/14/10 5:54:12PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by tmas

i <3 Anderson Silva

For a second there I thought you were tea-bagging Anderson Silva

Post #58   4/15/10 1:46:50AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:
Would it be possible to create a teabag icon? I'd like to put that in-front of Anderson Silva's name. You used to be a Mod, Rush...make it happen, brotherman.

Post #59   4/15/10 4:23:54AM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Would it be possible to create a teabag icon? I'd like to put that in-front of Anderson Silva's name. You used to be a Mod, Rush...make it happen, brotherman.

It is of course possible, but not by a mod. The site programmer has to do it.

Post #60   4/15/10 9:19:40AM   

Page 4 of 6     1     2     3     4     5     6