Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Anderson Silva

Print  
  Page 3 of 6     1     2     3     4     5     6  
Posted By Message

Bustamante-Aoki

Standup Guy

Bustamante-Aoki Avatar

Career:1,917-1,161
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I think you people are getting a little overboard of what Anderson did. I have seen Waayyyyyyy more fighters do more wrong then Anderson Silva, and im sure you people have not mentioned in previous events. All I gotta say is....relax people, not everyone is like "GSP", who keeps their emotions in check.
The Diaz brothers do much worse in their fights, and im sure alot of people on here love them...So is really what Silva did, that bad compared to others???

The guy is a champion, and one great fighter, so what if he acted the way he did, he is human, and maybe got frustrated. Its his career to ruin, if thats what you all think he is doing. Its his life, let him makes his own mistakes and try to learn from them.

Last edited 4/10/10 11:27PM server time by Bustamante-aoki
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #31   4/10/10 11:24:02PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
uhhh the Diaz brothers really have never come close to what Anderson did tonight, you're dreaming.

Post #32   4/11/10 12:15:40AM   

Chuteboxer

Standup Guy

Chuteboxer Avatar

Career:297-176
Camp: The Grappling Academy
Chips:

Posted by Bustamante-Aoki

I think you people are getting a little overboard of what Anderson did. I have seen Waayyyyyyy more fighters do more wrong then Anderson Silva, and im sure you people have not mentioned in previous events. All I gotta say is....relax people, not everyone is like "GSP", who keeps their emotions in check.
The Diaz brothers do much worse in their fights, and im sure alot of people on here love them...So is really what Silva did, that bad compared to others???

The guy is a champion, and one great fighter, so what if he acted the way he did, he is human, and maybe got frustrated. Its his career to ruin, if thats what you all think he is doing. Its his life, let him makes his own mistakes and try to learn from them.

The thing is, the Diaz brothers actually go out there and try to finish their fights...

Post #33   4/11/10 12:38:41AM   

Bloodhound

Standup Guy

Bloodhound Avatar

Career:1,054-599
Chips:
i want my 50 bucks back, and i wanna see Vitor go into the cage with Anderson and show him how a man fights

Last edited 4/11/10 1:35AM server time by bloodhound
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #34   4/11/10 1:02:26AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,478-1,317
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I truly think silva thinks he is invincible
Give him belfort. Belfort will charge after him or
Title fight at middleweight against gsp
I was upset with fight and did lose respect for silva
U needs guys to challenge him or strip his belt and make him
Fight at 205

Post #35   4/11/10 1:10:49AM   

vinny_cro_cop_q

MMA Regular

vinny_cro_cop_q Avatar

Career:181-138
Chips:

Posted by Bowen50

i am infuriated right now. i really can't post my full thoughts because i'd get warned and/or banned for fighter bashing. what makes me angry about Anderson is he could have EASILY finished that fight in the first or second round. Maia did everything he possibly could to push the pace in rounds 3-5 without getting knocked out. at one point he was even on his knees throwing at Anderson. the defining moment of this fight to me was in the 5th round when Maia was trying to walk Anderson down and Anderson was just trotting in a circle and Mirgliotta had to STOP THE FIGHT and threaten to take a point away from Anderson for being too inactive. i have gained a ton of respect for Maia in this fight and lost any i still had for Anderson. i hope more than anything GSP ends Anderson's "run of dominance".

This. I really cant put my frustrations into words for this site. Andersons disgusted me with this. Im a huge maia fan now. Great heart

Post #36   4/11/10 1:40:02AM   

tmas

Belt Contender

tmas Avatar

Career:1,091-851
Chips:
i <3 Anderson Silva the guy is my hero, with that being said that was rather shameful, not a good fight at all i wasnt pleased.

I hope he gets it together, the UFC starts challenging him, and yada yada..

oh and Rogan said the GSP/Andy fight is going to be at 170.

Post #37   4/11/10 1:50:04AM   

TimW001

MMA Sensei

TimW001 Avatar

Career:724-436
Chips:
Just so everyone knows, Andersn has cut to 170 previously in his career.

Post #38   4/11/10 2:11:37AM   

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Career:233-122
Chips:

Posted by tmas

i <3 Anderson Silva the guy is my hero, with that being said that was rather shameful, not a good fight at all i wasnt pleased.

I hope he gets it together, the UFC starts challenging him, and yada yada..

oh and Rogan said the GSP/Andy fight is going to be at 170.

That's stupid, Anderson would destroy GSP at 185, but he's not ready to make that cut again, he's grown to 185.

Post #39   4/11/10 2:26:40AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Anderson says Demian disrespected him by saying he was going to take an arm or choke him out on the ground? That's hilarious.

No, Anderson- you completely disrespected a very humble and great competitor in Demian Maia. Anderson Silva should be utterly embarrassed with his performance. I don't see how you could possibly argue that he did anything besides try to make an ass out of Demian Maia in front of millions of fans live and on TV. It was an absolute disgrace IMO and I'm very glad Demian did not accept his bow nor return it at the end of the fight.

The reaction of the fans in Abu Dhabi was perfect. Cheering "Silva, Silva" in rds 1 and 2 and then cheering "Maia, Maia" as the fight went on. Even at one point cheering "GSP, GSP" It was instant karma to show Anderson Silva that fans don't appreciate his mid fight antics.

I'm perfectly OK with a defensive fighter like Lyoto Machida- but I'm not OK with a fighter who avoids the fight like Anderson Silva. There is a huge difference between a counter striker and a showboat. I don't think I need to explain which one I feel Anderson is.

Post #40   4/11/10 2:29:11AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I mean, people keep saying put Belfort in to beat him, but I think Anderson would just pick him apart. He's not putting on these performances because he isn't capable of better, and I don't think Belfort would change anything. I think he would attack and make the fight exciting, but I still think Anderson would KO him and continue with his attitude.

It's not even just his fights, his attitude in the media since he took the belt has been atrocious too. I said after the Thales Leites fight that I wasn't looking forward to seeing Anderson fight again, and at this point I absolutely refuse to contribute any money to a card of which he is a part.

Post #41   4/11/10 5:26:44AM   

5ilvia1

Learning to Sprawl

5ilvia1 Avatar

Career:127-83
Chips:
sad that the best pound for pound fighter in the world is a prideful bully.. sucks because he was such a role model to a huge portion of todays generation of young fighters.

Post #42   4/11/10 6:11:58AM   

crushedbacon

In Full Mount

crushedbacon Avatar

Career:868-562
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

Anderson says Demian disrespected him by saying he was going to take an arm or choke him out on the ground? That's hilarious.

No, Anderson- you completely disrespected a very humble and great competitor in Demian Maia. Anderson Silva should be utterly embarrassed with his performance. I don't see how you could possibly argue that he did anything besides try to make an ass out of Demian Maia in front of millions of fans live and on TV. It was an absolute disgrace IMO and I'm very glad Demian did not accept his bow nor return it at the end of the fight.

The reaction of the fans in Abu Dhabi was perfect. Cheering "Silva, Silva" in rds 1 and 2 and then cheering "Maia, Maia" as the fight went on. Even at one point cheering "GSP, GSP" It was instant karma to show Anderson Silva that fans don't appreciate his mid fight antics.

I'm perfectly OK with a defensive fighter like Lyoto Machida- but I'm not OK with a fighter who avoids the fight like Anderson Silva. There is a huge difference between a counter striker and a showboat. I don't think I need to explain which one I feel Anderson is.

The above is very well said... I couldn't understand WTF Anderson was talking about either when he's saying Maia disrespected him. At first I couldn't believe a guy who clowned somebody that badly would say that he was being disrespected.....Silva's explanation......

http://www.youtube.com/user/ArielHelwani#p/a/u/0/52_NM1zrqng

Is he referring to this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TOegQIJ_RQ&feature=player_embedded

If so....what's gonna be his reaction to the possible pre-fight trash talk from.....

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #43   4/11/10 1:05:25PM   

Hendo67

MMA Sensei

Hendo67 Avatar

Career:1,066-730
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
It sucked seeing someone as classy and respectful as Demian get treated like garbage that entire fight by a clown, it was awful.

Post #44   4/11/10 1:15:09PM   

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,612-1,430
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I, like everyone else, am annoyed at Anderson. Personally, however I dont mind him showboating like he did against Forrest and in the first two rounds against Maia. Rashad, and even Roy Jones Jr in his prime would do the same thing all the time. I've come to appreciate the fact that fighters like Silva can actually dodge the way they do and still get beutiful KOs.

What I dont like is what Anderson did in the last three rounds of the fight, and like he did against Leites and Cote where he is just circling, running, and not engaging his opponent in any way. Like I really dont get where his head is at. He has all this natural talent and ability to put out KOs no one has even heard of, and he wastes it and loses fans (and probably money) in the process. I dont know if his ego is big or what, but like many of you its making me want to see him lose to humble him a bit.

Maybe GSP at 170 would be a good wake up call for him. GSP would be able to get him down, so who knows he could maybe beat him or atleast give him a solid challenge for once.

I just dont like what Silva has become. I dont think Maia disrespected him at all, he just wanted to justify his behaviour somehow so he made that stuff up. He's a liar and a clown imo, and I think I speak for all of us when I say bring back the silva who destroyed Griffin, Leben, and Franklin.

Post #45   4/11/10 1:15:30PM   

Page 3 of 6     1     2     3     4     5     6