Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Anderson Silva

Print  
  Page 1 of 6     1     2     3     4   >>
Posted By Message

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
Does anyone else think his behaviour is completely disgraceful? I don't really have any other words to describe it. It's just completely disgraceful, I would be embarrassed by my actions if I were him.

I actually turned the fight off during the 4th round, something I have never done before in all of my time watching MMA, not matter how boring of a lay n pray fest it was, I have never just said "I don't care anymore" and outright turned off the fight before it was done. I'm assuming he danced around for another 5 minutes and took a decision.

Really embarrassing for the sport as a whole IMO.

Post #1   4/10/10 4:00:49PM   

rcg916

He's Back...

rcg916 Avatar

Career:523-269
Chips:
Its one thing to toy with an opponent for a minute or two before impressively ending it...

Its quite another to toy with him for two rounds, tiring yourself out in the process...

Oh yeah, and he forgot the "impressive ending" part all together.

Here is an accurate dramatization, for anyone who missed it...

Anderson ---> __ ______ ___ <--- Maia

Last edited 4/10/10 4:21PM server time by rcg916
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #2   4/10/10 4:06:24PM   

MisterFreeze

Standup Guy

MisterFreeze Avatar

Career:317-283
Chips:

Posted by Aether

Does anyone else think his behaviour is completely disgraceful? I don't really have any other words to describe it. It's just completely disgraceful, I would be embarrassed by my actions if I were him.

I actually turned the fight off during the 4th round, something I have never done before in all of my time watching MMA, not matter how boring of a lay n pray fest it was, I have never just said "I don't care anymore" and outright turned off the fight before it was done. I'm assuming he danced around for another 5 minutes and took a decision.

Oh man! You made a mistake! Shoulda kept watching cause Maia jumped in with a flying knee and KOed Anderson in the 5th! It was incredible!!!!

....... Just kidding, you were right.

Post #3   4/10/10 4:09:29PM   

Bowen50

The Talent

Bowen50 Avatar

Career:1,098-650
Chips:
i am infuriated right now. i really can't post my full thoughts because i'd get warned and/or banned for fighter bashing. what makes me angry about Anderson is he could have EASILY finished that fight in the first or second round. Maia did everything he possibly could to push the pace in rounds 3-5 without getting knocked out. at one point he was even on his knees throwing at Anderson. the defining moment of this fight to me was in the 5th round when Maia was trying to walk Anderson down and Anderson was just trotting in a circle and Mirgliotta had to STOP THE FIGHT and threaten to take a point away from Anderson for being too inactive. i have gained a ton of respect for Maia in this fight and lost any i still had for Anderson. i hope more than anything GSP ends Anderson's "run of dominance".

Post #4   4/10/10 4:14:59PM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,509-889
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Maia came close to catching him, he definitely tired himself out, I wish he would do that with Belfort. It went from a dominant performance to a sorry performance. What a joke, it would of been hilarious if Maia had knocked him out. He should have knocked him out when he had the chance. I think GSP actually has a chance after watching Anderson with his hands hanging for the last two rounds, plus he's going to have to deal with cutting muscle, he's going to lose some explosion.

Post #5   4/10/10 4:17:10PM   

chickmagnet

MMA Sensei

chickmagnet Avatar

Career:529-344
Camp: The Pit
Chips:

Posted by Aether

I agree completely, but the 5th round was intersting. Maia hit Silva flush a few times and made the 5th somewhat exciting.

I have absolute RESPECT for Demian Maia. He never broke mentally from the taunting, and hung in there, Andersons antics were apart of a strategy, he was trying to make Maia lose it and commit wrecklessly..

I wish Belfort wouldve fought Anderson though. After watching this I think Belfort would have beat him or at least gave an interesting exciting fight.

Last edited 4/10/10 4:57PM server time by chickmagnet

Post #6   4/10/10 4:24:45PM   

MisterFreeze

Standup Guy

MisterFreeze Avatar

Career:317-283
Chips:

Posted by sbulldavid

Maia came close to catching him, he definitely tired himself out, I wish he would do that with Belfort. It went from a dominant performance to a sorry performance. What a joke, it would of been hilarious if Maia had knocked him out. He should have knocked him out when he had the chance. I think GSP actually has a chance after watching Anderson with his hands hanging for the last two rounds, plus he's going to have to deal with cutting muscle, he's going to lose some explosion.

Wait, who is gonna have to cut muscle??? If you think Anderson Silva is going to cut down to Welterweight you're dreaming.
If Anderson ever fights GSP it will be at Middleweight.
Gsp walks around at about 195, so it would be easy for him. Not to mention having to cut much less weight will probably give GSP alot more energy than normal.

Post #7   4/10/10 4:26:45PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by MisterFreeze

Posted by sbulldavid

Wait, who is gonna have to cut muscle??? If you think Anderson Silva is going to cut down to Welterweight you're dreaming.
Gsp walks around at about 195, so it would be easy for him. Not to mention having to cut much less weight will probably give GSP alot more energy than normal.

GSP is the bigger draw of the two he holds all the cards he wants to fight at 170 its up to him IMO

Post #8   4/10/10 4:30:16PM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,509-889
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by sbulldavid

Posted by MisterFreeze

Everybody has been saying Anderson is going to fight GSP at 170, I'm not pulling something out of my ass here, and personally I don't really care if the fight ever happens, I'd just rather see them move up in weight, so we can see more interesting fights.

Post #9   4/10/10 4:41:16PM   

Hendo67

MMA Sensei

Hendo67 Avatar

Career:1,066-730
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
I'm not getting into this because i'll likely be banned forever for the stuff i'll say about Anderson...

Long story short... I'm completely fine with never seeing him fight again, I'm disgusted.

Post #10   4/10/10 4:52:07PM   

CanadianCripplr

MMA Regular

CanadianCripplr Avatar

Career:1,492-852
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by sbulldavid

Did Silva not say he was thinking of going down in class, looking for the best fights? I thought I heard him say so somewhere lately.
I lost some respect for Silva today , it wasnt quite like Kalib Starnes running away but almost as embarrassing. I wonder if hes gonna come out with an excuse like broken hand for last 3 rds...

Last edited 4/10/10 4:55PM server time by canadiancripplr
2 total post edits

Post #11   4/10/10 4:53:15PM   

SamPan

Standup Guy

Career:1,099-666
Chips:
Ali taunted opponents, but he also finished them. If that's what Silva's going for he's missing a big part of it

Post #12   4/10/10 5:11:22PM   

babalu46

In Full Mount

babalu46 Avatar

Career:1,075-655
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I would rather be KTFO than taunted for the length of time that Maia was. It's completely insulting if u wanna do the odd bit of taunting fine but to do nothing but taunt is just infuriating.

Post #13   4/10/10 6:14:16PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I think if it were anyone other than a champion doing that he would be released from his contract pretty much immediately.

Post #14   4/10/10 6:23:30PM   

Hendo67

MMA Sensei

Hendo67 Avatar

Career:1,066-730
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
Dana is pretty steamed about it...

Speaking in front of a packed press room, Dana said:

“Believe me, I’ll answer the questions of what a disgrace the main event was. To end it the way that we did was an embarrassment for me, the UFC, the Fertittas and the UAE. If you’re that talented, be Mike Tyson. Go in there and finish.”

When asked whether this fight was worse than Silva’s one last April against Thales Leites, Dana said:

“This one took the cake. I’m blown away, disgusted and saddened. I don’t want to see GSP vs. Silva after tonight. Silva might be the first champion fighting on a prelim card. I don’t want to see that sh*t. I wouldn’t come here (to the press conference) if I was him.”

Post #15   4/10/10 6:41:03PM   

Page 1 of 6     1     2     3     4   >>