Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Vince McMahon Trying To Get the UFC Banned

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

snakeplissken

Standup Guy

snakeplissken Avatar

Career:1,747-1,230
Camp: BAMMA UK
Chips:
Sometimes the most intriguing wrestling news stories are broken or teased on the Wrestling Observer / Figure Four Online message boards. This is one such case, as UFC.com writer/German UFC commentator (and former German WWE commentator/marketing staffer/keeper of savage secrets) Oliver Copp let the news leak that Vince McMahon is attempting to sabotage UFC's expansion into key European markets in a thread about Dana White's recent ambition to hold an event at the newly opened largest domed stadium in the world, Cowboy Stadium in Dallas.

Vince Vs. Dana

Saw this on another forum and couldn't believe what I was reading so for all of you out there toi coment on.

Post #1   4/8/10 6:34:44AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
Wow sorry if our real fighting is taking the spotlight away from your fake roid infested fighting Vince. Looks like the last 10 years of hard work was for nothing and we will be lucky to be able to catch a fight on the net now.

Post #2   4/8/10 7:29:38AM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Career:408-321
Chips:
Most people lose interest in fake fighting by the time they reach adulthood. Whereas people stay interested in MMA all their lives. UFC has nothing to be concerned about unless Vice decides to create a rival org. Even then it would probably end up so cheesy that you could dip your nacho's into it, and would fail.

Last edited 4/8/10 8:56AM server time by bigbadal
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   4/8/10 8:54:49AM   

bigox420

MMA Regular

bigox420 Avatar

Career:1,065-795
Chips:

UFC only appeals to a small, socially disturbed percentage of the viewing audience. Due to the violence it portrays, it shouldn’t be considered acceptable in any civilized community. When they went to Cowboy Stadium, they only drew 20,000 people. We have had four years of 60,000+ fans at WrestleMania. Our appeal is much broader and we present a safer product.

Not to sure if it is a safer product considering most of these guys are on painkiller , steroids. How many wrestlers have do it the past due to problem from the drugs and injuries that put them in wheel chairs and not the mention the Owen accident. socially disturbed Really have they ever seen some of there fans.

Vince needs to pack it in WWE is old news now for most people. I was a huge fan. I will never go back.

WAR MMA

Post #4   4/8/10 10:32:43AM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:
Rival org sounds great :)
especially after he supposedly said mma is more dangerous.

Post #5   4/8/10 12:36:54PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,530-1,341
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i watched wwf and wcw when i was 6 to the end of highschool
i used to think it was real, now i know it's a act, fake
that's why i stopped watching it and grew up

Post #6   4/8/10 1:49:05PM   

RearNakedJoke

In Full Mount

RearNakedJoke Avatar

Career:1,226-867
Chips:

UFC only appeals to a small, socially disturbed percentage of the viewing audience. Due to the violence it portrays, it shouldn’t be considered acceptable in any civilized community. When they went to Cowboy Stadium, they only drew 20,000 people. We have had four years of 60,000+ fans at WrestleMania. Our appeal is much broader and we present a safer product.

take a look at the number of prefesional "wrestlers" that die before the age of forty and compare that to the number of young deaths in MMA.

which is more disturbing 2 athletes fighting one taking a punch and getting a cut. or two rednecks pretending to beat each other up and slicing there foreheads with razorblades?

Vince is getting scared. his ratings are dropping and know he's accusing UFC of the very things that wwe/wwf had been accused of most of its existence.

Post #7   4/8/10 2:02:49PM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,340-1,374
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
Ive watched wrestling my entire life and very seldom watch nowadays except for the occasional Raw or Wrestlemania but if you were to grab a random wrestling event from the early 90's, anywhere fro 10-30% are dead. I actually have tried this and its extremely sad and the product is not safe. At least UFC fighters have more time to spend with their families who bring them down to earth while professional wrestlers begin to believe they are as tough as they say they are and travelling with 20 other guys who believe their the best certainly doesnt help the situation. Evan Tanner, Justin Eilers and Justin Levens have all died recently but there is no way that Dana can be held responsible for any of those while Vince is absolutely responsible for the deaths of Owen Hart, and any others who worked with WWE at the time of their death (Brian Pillman, Eddy Guerrero, possibly Chris Benoit to some extent) as many people saw problems with all these men that ay have been telling signs of things to come. It wouldnt have been hard to take one of them aside and see exactly whats wrong with them and how the WWE could help. Instead Vince decided against this and these deaths, at least Pillman, could have been prevented. Vince is jealous because in the next few years MMA will have more fans then WWE and eventually mainstream wrestling will die.

Post #8   4/8/10 4:47:36PM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:
McMahon is a SNAKE!!! HE has made his product so putrid people are bailing in a hasty manner. Even his competition is staring top over take him. I would love to see McMahon confronted by a certain Brazilian 185 lber and see what he has to say then. I bet he would **** his pants haveing to stare down Wandy!!!

Post #9   4/8/10 5:39:54PM   

marcoDGK

Standup Guy

marcoDGK Avatar

Career:317-259
Camp: DGK
Chips:
this sounds like a publicity stunt.

Post #10   4/8/10 7:24:52PM   

TimW001

MMA Sensei

TimW001 Avatar

Career:724-436
Chips:
Vince's son, Shawn, actually tried to convince his dad to get into the MMA market. He told him it was the future. And also tried to tell him to buy PRIDE.

Post #11   4/9/10 12:40:15AM   

rcg916

He's Back...

rcg916 Avatar

Career:523-269
Chips:

Posted by TimW001

Vince's son, Shawn, actually tried to convince his dad to get into the MMA market. He told him it was the future. And also tried to tell him to buy PRIDE.

You mean, "Shane", right?

Post #12   4/9/10 10:31:03AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,518-886
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I don't like the idea of VInce trying to get MMA/UFC banned in certain area's. I think they should be looked at as two seperate markets no matter how much of a link their is between the two. Especially in Japan. But for what's it's worth and despite the fact that wrestling is staged,I think the one thing the WWE does have over the UFC is history. I have personally yet to see anything in the UFC that seems as memorable as the Attitude area of the WWE.I'm sure it will come but the WWE has the ability to build stars anyway it pleases (except when HHH brings them down since he's in the family now) and this is the pleasure the UFC does not have.Though The minds at the WWE have not done a great job of utilizing this tool to its full advantages as of lately. The biggest star they have built as of lately is John Cena and this is coming in the aftermath of Stonce cold,the Rock,etc. I think the future as of now if brighter for the UFC but hope their's room for both

Last edited 4/9/10 11:55AM server time by mrsmiley
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #13   4/9/10 11:53:18AM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:
Sorry but i totally disagree MrSmiley. I hope professional wrestling takes a complete dirt nap very soon. i used to be a huge fan growing up. But it is a different animal now. I cant stand it. Not one match gets through to the end with out somone cheating or getting an "edge" in some way. I certifiably HATE!!! pro wrestling now!!!

Post #14   4/9/10 10:31:29PM   

TimW001

MMA Sensei

TimW001 Avatar

Career:724-436
Chips:

Posted by rcg916

Posted by TimW001

You mean, "Shane", right?

I DO! Thank you!

Post #15   4/10/10 1:59:25AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2