Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Full UFC 114 fight card released, Duffee and Sanchez on PPV main card

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,363-1,248
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
The full fight card for next month's UFC 114 event, including a five-fight main card, is now set.

UFC officials today released the lineup for the May 29 event, which takes place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas with a pay-per-view headliner between former light-heavyweight champs Rashad Evans and Quinton "Rampage" Jackson.

Also slated for the main card are Forrest Griffin vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, Michael Bisping vs. Dan Miller, Todd Duffee vs. Mike Russow, and John Hathaway vs. Diego Sanchez.

The six-fight preliminary card, which includes many fighters that otherwise would be worthy of TV spots, includes Dong Hyun Kim vs. Amir Sadollah, Efrain Escudero vs. Dan Lauzon, Melvin Guillard vs. Thiago Tavares, Luiz Cane vs. Cyrille Diabate, Joe Brammer vs. Aaron Riley, and Jesse Forbes vs. Ryan Jensen.

LINK

Post #1   4/7/10 9:55:41AM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,413-1,434
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
Strong card! Spike better be airing prelims of Kim vs Amir and Cane vs Diabate.

Post #2   4/7/10 11:25:48AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,615-1,389
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
surprised duffee is on main card over sadalloh vs kim
other spike prelim might be escudero vs lauzon over ciabatte vs cane

Post #3   4/7/10 12:30:13PM   

BigIP

Standup Guy

BigIP Avatar

Career:43-35
Chips:
Todd Duffee vs. Mike Russow on the main card instead of Kim and Sadollah??? That's ridiculous...As much as I like Amir I think Kim will win this one. Kim was robbed against Karo.

Post #4   4/7/10 2:27:14PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,363-1,248
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I'm stoked to see Duffee fight again. I'm glad he's on the main card.

Post #5   4/7/10 2:50:52PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,427-1,358
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
At first I was surprised Duffee got PPV billing with Amir vs Dong on the undercard but It makes sense when you think about it.

The people who buy the UFC card everytime aren't going to not buy the otherwise awesome card simply because Amir's fight got bumped for Duffee's and Amir vs Kim will bring in much better ratings for Spike than Duffee's fight ever would.

Its a win for everyone, especially when you figure that there are probably more people tuning into Spike watching the prelims for free than there are buying the PPV.

Post #6   4/7/10 3:12:28PM   

Khaos

TUF 2 Alternate

Khaos Avatar

Career:2,635-1,923
Camp: Men of the hour
Chips:
Hopefully Spike air prelims, or there is time to air Amir vs DHK on the PPV, cause i am really lookign forward to it, and have more interest in it then Duffee vs Russow and Sanchez vs Hathoway.

Post #7   4/7/10 4:27:43PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I'm stoked to see Duffee fight again. I'm glad he's on the main card.

Agreed. Plus he'll probably be more relevant in the long run anyway so why not get him some TV exposure now? The next big Heavyweight thing. Can't wait to see what he does this time out.

Badass fight card. Not to sure on the Lauzon-Efrain and Kim-Amir fights, dont know who to pick! Toss up in either one. Thought Kim barely squeezed one out against Karo but got a gift against Matt Brown. Interested too see how Amir does against him.

Post #8   4/7/10 4:35:16PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:535-379
Chips:
i really hope spike shows prelims. this is a pretty promising card. im excited to see duffee fight again. i got high expectations for him in the future. im a little confused on Sanchez's reasons for moving back to 170lb, but as long as hes still fighting im happy.

Post #9   4/8/10 12:13:27PM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
Awesome card, although I think the Sanchez vs Hathaway bout is a little weak. I just don't see any reason these two should be matched up--there's just such a huge disparity in skill level. I would have loved to see Sherk, Maynard, Florian (although he just recently fought), or George S in his place.

I can only assume they really think Duffee is going to be a huge star (which I pretty much also envision)--but damn Amir vs Kim and Escudero vs Lauzon are definitely main card worthy as well. I think Diabete vs Cane will probably be the most exciting out of all the prelims, can't wait to see that one.

Post #10   4/9/10 2:27:07PM