Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

As deadline looms, Josh Barnett not sure if he'll appeal CSAC license denial

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,245-1,185
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Former UFC heavyweight champion Josh Barnett has four days to add his name to the agenda for an upcoming meeting of the California State Athletic Commission and is unsure whether he wants to do so.

The CSAC denied Barnett a license this past July to fight Fedor Emelianenko at "Affliction: Trilogy" on Aug. 1 when Barnett tested positive for a designer steroid. Barnett immediately declared his innocence and informed the commission of his intent to appeal the decision.

But after four delays to his appeal process, Barnett said he may simply wait until June, when he said he is re-eligible to apply for a fight license.

LINK

Post #1   4/7/10 9:53:51AM   

joshjr

Josh "The Babyface Assassin"

joshjr Avatar

Career:538-351
Camp: MMA Weekly
Chips:
Makes sence. If it was me I would just wait. Why go through the headaches with their atheletic commission? They didnt belive Sean Sherk either.

Post #2   4/7/10 2:11:29PM