Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Andrei Arlovski Talks Lessons Learned and Future Goals in Strikeforce

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
With his new Strikeforce deal completed, it seems like “The Pitbull” might soon be barking up a couple of old trees.

Popular Strikeforce heavyweight Andrei “The Pitbull” Arlovski (15-7) is set to take on Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva on May 15, and while he isn’t looking past the big Brazilian, he understands that a win over Silva could put him in position to avenge his devastating 2009 losses to Fedor Emelianenko and Brett Rogers in the not-so-far future.

Since his June loss to Rogers, Arlovski has murdered Mike Pyle, beaten up a bully, done a ton of video blogging, and trained with some of the best camps in MMA. Arlovski recently signed a new multi-fight deal with Strikeforce, and the former UFC heavyweight champ is looking to avoid a third straight loss. Arlovski has lost two consecutive fights three times in his career, and if history teaches us anything, it’s that 1) the first man killed in the American Revolution was Crispus Atticus, and 2) after back-to-back losses, Arlovski quickly goes back to crushing people. The sometimes hairy, always scary Arlovski says he has a few scores to settle in Strikeforce, but before he can do that, he needs history to repeat itself on May 15 against “Bigfoot.”

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   4/6/10 12:15:09PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,296-1,214
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I've always liked the Pitbull. Here's to hoping he can turn it around and go on another championship run.

Post #2   4/6/10 12:17:30PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

I've always liked the Pitbull. Here's to hoping he can turn it around and go on another championship run.

Me too, man! He's my favorite fighter! He sounds like he's back focusing on MMA now as appose to boxing and MMA.
Heres hoping he gets back to his old dominant ways and challenges for the beslt gain soon!

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #3   4/6/10 5:30:23PM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:2,649-1,639
Camp: country KO
Chips:
When did he murder Mike pyle?

Post #4   4/6/10 10:36:05PM   

noahgenda

Standup Guy