Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Car suggestions?

Print  
Posted By Message

DosBox

MMA Regular

DosBox Avatar

Career:906-530
Chips:
Hey everybody, I am looking for a vehicle to drive and was open to suggestions. I am simple in the fact that it doesnt matter what type of vehicle I drive, I've always bought from the first dealer I've gone to and I pretty much chosen my vehicle "out of the hat" meaning I settle for whatever - so I am very flexible in that regards.

Basically I cannot answer the question "Well, what kind of vehicle are you looking for?" I was told to start thinking of ideas but I would settle for mostly anything, so I was wondering if any members here have any suggestions.

$20,000 total or $400/month is probably as high as I would go, but anything lower of course would be nice. Not too sure on the down payment amount, but I am thinking around 2-3K down.

Here is the reason why I am car hunting again....

Thanks in advanced for your suggestions.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1
Photo Attachment 2
Photo Attachment 3

Post #1   4/5/10 7:43:27PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
Can't go wrong with a Audi A6.
My Dad just bought one and its awesome! You should be able to pick a nice one up for about $20,000. They are mean looking cars too.

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #2   4/5/10 7:51:25PM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Except for my first car, I've only driven Nissan Sentras. The quality has gone down a notch in recent years and the brakes tend to be a little suspect, but other than that they're good reliable cars that should be in your price range-and you'll probably have some leftover money.

Post #3   4/5/10 7:59:25PM   

bojangalz

The Original Playground Bully

bojangalz Avatar

Career:1,553-840
Chips:
The last car I had to make payments on was free and clear of dept for two weeks when my wife decided to take on a telephone pole with it. 4 years of payments only to enjoy two weeks of true ownership of the damn thing.

When we got the check from the insurance company my wife started looking at vehicles twice the amount we got back fromthe accident. I said "Sorry babe. you break it, you bought it. " I refused to spend a dime more than the cash we had on hand when it came time to shop for the new vehicle. Damn glad I did too. I cannot tell you how nice it is to be going on over two years without a vehicle payment every month. I don't think I'll ever by another vehicle that I cannot pay for up front or within 12 months time.

All they do is get you from A to B and back anyway.

Post #4   4/5/10 10:01:51PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,276-1,203
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by bojangalz

The last car I had to make payments on was free and clear of dept for two weeks when my wife decided to take on a telephone pole with it. 4 years of payments only to enjoy two weeks of true ownership of the damn thing.

When we got the check from the insurance company my wife started looking at vehicles twice the amount we got back fromthe accident. I said "Sorry babe. you break it, you bought it. " I refused to spend a dime more than the cash we had on hand when it came time to shop for the new vehicle. Damn glad I did too. I cannot tell you how nice it is to be going on over two years without a vehicle payment every month. I don't think I'll ever by another vehicle that I cannot pay for up front or within 12 months time.

+1

Buy a car based on how practical it is...not on how big of a status symbol it is.

Post #5   4/5/10 10:56:30PM   

Fish_Hook

Learning to Sprawl

Career:52-34
Chips:
New 2011 Hyundai Sonata.....They are sic, and you can get a new one for around $19,0000. I work at a Hyunda dealer so im a little biased lol.

Post #6   4/6/10 3:12:28PM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,646-1,392
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Ive been looking at Mazda3' or Mazda6's. I enjoy the Nissan Altima as well

Post #7   4/6/10 6:22:15PM   

crushedbacon

In Full Mount

crushedbacon Avatar

Career:868-562
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:

Posted by bojangalz

Some dealers are offering models with 0% financing at points during the year....take advantage of that. Its smarter than even paying for the vehicle that day, if ya got the $$$ invest it elsewhere even in something guaranteed if your not a risk taker. Than the $ you woulda spent on the vehicle is working for you while you got a new ride at 0% financing.

Post #8   4/6/10 9:55:57PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
Hummer is going out of business, so you can probably pick one of them up for cheap, plus they have $6000 rebate!

Post #9   4/8/10 5:27:17PM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,348-1,408
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
with the gas prices being kinda high, i would go for a hybrid, doesn't matter what who makes it..my cousin got one and he says he saves a grip of money per month with it..and plus with any hybrid, the oil changes and parts would be cheaper too..it's just a good car all around..IMHO...

Post #10   4/9/10 1:02:42PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

with the gas prices being kinda high, i would go for a hybrid, doesn't matter what who makes it..my cousin got one and he says he saves a grip of money per month with it..and plus with any hybrid, the oil changes and parts would be cheaper too..it's just a good car all around..IMHO...

Not to mention that Hybrids like the Prius have a really low depreciation rate, unlike many other popular choices.

Post #11   4/9/10 6:33:01PM