Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Chuck Liddell says 3rd fight with Tito Ortiz "...is still on"

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

DO YOU SPEAK IT?

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,234-1,182
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
UFC light heavyweight Chuck Liddell says he still expects to fight nemesis Tito Ortiz – he's earned it, after all.

Liddell (21-7 MMA, 16-6 UFC), who coaches opposite Ortiz (15-7-1 MMA, 14-7-1 UFC) on the upcoming 11th season of "The Ultimate Fighter," said it took exactly one week to get motivated for a third meeting with Ortiz at the show's conclusion.

While question marks surround Ortiz's participation on the show – not to mention the location of the traditional post-"TUF" coaches' showdown – the five-time UFC light heavyweight champion said as far as he knows, it's business as usual.

"I've heard the rumors, of course, but from what I understand, [Ortiz] is signed to fight, and he's still going to actually show up and get [the] beating he's supposed to get," Liddell said today during a conference call promoting the 11th season's debut, set for Wednesday at the conclusion of "UFC Fight Night 21: Gomi vs. Florian."

LINK

Post #1   3/30/10 9:15:45AM